Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
NLS OP
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,038
Pissed Why?

Yesterday, an inmate posted the image of his GS, on the thread where people post their add-ons to their WGS, that I commented like so:

(note that this is even a reply to another inmate that commented on the add-on negatively too)
Quote:
Also it looks like "please break me".

Not to mention "boss didn't know what else to add and really wanted an HD".

This is sooooo wrong for a GS.
(http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=225)

Then I got a few replies including this one:

Quote:
Bails, I removed the post because I had forgotten what a bunch of douchebags there are on this forum.

I didn't post the pics of the Motolights to ask for yours, NLS', or anyone's opinion of them. I, frankly, couldn't care less what others think of them.

I posted for informational purposes. I had not yet seen a water-cooled GS with the lights. I like the Motolights. I have had good experience with them in the past on other bikes, and thought that I'd show the collective what they looked like on the new GS.

It is a well-established fact that NLS is an asshat. I deleted my previous post where I told him to fuck off, even though that is what I'd like him still to do.

Enough with the 'Hardley' jokes. I've had several Harleys and put miles on all of them. I currently own an Ultra Classic, and it's a fantastic machine. It is about to take me on a 5000 mile round trip to Sturgis in a few weeks. I also frequent Harley-based messageboards, and, guess what? There isn't a BMW-bashing thread on any of them. They just don't give a shit what people ride.

I suggest that others do the same.

And NLS, for the record, fuck off.
(http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=227)

After that, I tried to keep calm and gave a rather polite reply:

Quote:
Yeah whatever. Explains a lot.

Just one thing. Next time you revert to name calling, have the decency (and the balls) to do it to someone that you can face. So that it can lead to broken teeth and/or couple of beers.
Not very nice looking behind a monitor thousands of miles away.

Disagree?
(http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=228)

...and then reported the post.

So... I got attention from johnjen with this in PM:

Quote:
Dude Seriously? You really want to bitch about this?

By now I'd have thought you'd have learned that what goes around comes around…

You just earned 1 demerit.
To which I replied:

Quote:
Gee. Thanks man.
Unbelievable.

Maybe add a ban for my reply to you here too?

Interesting fact: I also got a PM about this. I am sure you would find it... funny.

Anyway, really if there is an issue with me being here, let me know. I can easily revert to "lurker" (so if you plan a hate ban, just say so, so that I at least keep my access to read and write PM).

Ride safe.
Then I thought we both went on with our lives. Wrong.
I noticed something. Apparently johnjen considered it funny (or went on a "that will teach you" mood) and cut my access to write new PM.

I was even in the middle of a private thread.

Now, I don't like judging mods (usually there is a rule against it too), have been mod a sysop in some fora way way back longer than I can remember (starting from back in the days of BBS's), but I think this behavior is both uncalled for and even discriminative.

I am here for NINE years. Yet I get a slap in the face like a freshman.
I think it has to do with me being Greek maybe while all the others involved are from the States.

With this post, I request normal access to my PM (able to write I mean, as I have people here that I do keep in contact after all these years) and I can exchange this with a mute in public sections if you feel like it. Although I don't plan to write much anyway (don't exactly feel very well with treatment here).

Ah and you can always of course enforce your "powers" further if you know what I mean (I feel you feel trigger friendly for some reason, so come on).

Aside from the little comment above, can I hope for a normal discussion on where I am so wrong with this or resolve it like grown up people or whatever?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Might want to delete those PMs

4. Private Messages are Private. Post someone's PM and you're gone.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Jarvis
DC GSer

Oddometer: 10,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Yesterday, an inmate posted the image of his GS, on the thread where people post their add-ons to their WGS, that I commented like so:

(note that this is even a reply to another inmate that commented on the add-on negatively too)

(http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=225)

Then I got a few replies including this one:

(http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=227)

After that, I tried to keep calm and gave a rather polite reply:

(http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=228)

...and then reported the post.

So... I got attention from johnjen with this in PM:

To which I replied:

Then I thought we both went on with our lives. Wrong.
I noticed something. Apparently johnjen considered it funny (or went on a "that will teach you" mood) and cut my access to write new PM.

I was even in the middle of a private thread.

Now, I don't like judging mods (usually there is a rule against it too), have been mod a sysop in some fora way way back longer than I can remember (starting from back in the days of BBS's), but I think this behavior is both uncalled for and even discriminative.

I am here for NINE years. Yet I get a slap in the face like a freshman.
I think it has to do with me being Greek maybe while all the others involved are from the States.

With this post, I request normal access to my PM (able to write I mean, as I have people here that I do keep in contact after all these years) and I can exchange this with a mute in public sections if you feel like it. Although I don't plan to write much anyway (don't exactly feel very well with treatment here).

Ah and you can always of course enforce your "powers" further if you know what I mean (I feel you feel trigger friendly for some reason, so come on).

Aside from the little comment above, can I hope for a normal discussion on where I am so wrong with this or resolve it like grown up people or whatever?

Thanks for the rant. Please enjoy a short vacation from the site. This has nothing to do with you being Greek. It has a lot to do with you being an annoying little twit and the fact that you broke the rules by posting PMs and taking a shot at a mod.

EDIT: mods do not have the ability to turn off an inmate's PMs, so the source of that problem is something else.

Jarvis screwed with this post 07-15-2013 at 10:55 AM
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
NLS OP
My bike needs washing...

Why? #2

As per
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21870963

...I don't seem to be able to PM anybody. Not like having a full mailbox, but like having the option removed.

Is this something on purpose?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,382
I had a look at your account and it looks fine from our end...

clear the cookie cache / log out, log back in.. / try a different browser / also, if an inmate puts you on IGNORE, you can't PM them.. so maybe a lot of inmates in GSpot Boxers have you on their IGNORE list, I can't blame them given the tone of your posts..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #6
NLS OP
My bike needs washing...

Why? #3

Can you please leave this open until we resolve it?
As I said... no new PM option. I cannot even reply old ones (I can read).

Here are three captures:

These are three places where a PM button should be (and WAS).
I have tried not only different browser, but also different place/computer.

This definitely looks like someone switched off something.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: