Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Sox Fan OP
SoxFan

Oddometer: 858
R90 vs K1200S vs ?

I know - sounds odd. I have room for two motorcycles in my life right now. Been getting a bit bored with the 76 R90 and have been kicking around the idea of selling it and getting a sport bike. 46 years old - never owned one - do it before it is too late! Something for 1-2 hour weekend/after dinner rides. Maybe an occasional track day but i have never done that and not sure i will really find the time.

At any rate, a really sharp deal just came up on a low mileage 2008 K1200S. I really like the idea of big power, some comfort features and maybe will fit me better than a regular sport bike (6'2"). I only hesitate because part of me wants something less "reasonable" - a full on sport bike like a Triumph Daytona R, a Ducati or an R1 or whatnot.

I keep thinking the K1200S is the more rational choice and will be better for the type of riding i will be doing vs the riding I think I will be doing. I will keep the GSA for touring. Part of me also says you don't need to buy another bike. I have serious motorcycle ADD. I seem the buy/sell or trade one every year.

Thoughts?
1989 911
Sox Fan is offline   Reply With Quote