Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #17656
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto666 View Post
I will do, but the problem is I only drop bikes on the left side.
Seeing this forum has tRONdled in the direction of penis-envy of late: Start to carry on the right side then you dickhead!

Thanks, will appreciate - especially the offsets/diff's, the expression "a tight fit" has taken a whole new meaning for me fitting this behemoth.

Kasuyaho, what brand are they - and also, pls post a pic of the bottom of the RHS as this is where I will have to modify mine?

GungaG,
I'd not do that, as the surplus of power will have to be sinked in your current regulator i.e it will become way too hot, I hunch it might fry. Better would be to wire-in the new (bigger) reg at the same time, then mod the rest later.

Bump,
Thank you for your post, as it has spurred Ron on to wire an awesome thread together, in doing so showing his true colours which, quite frankly, shine!

Captain,
Good man, and mine is bigger than yours anyway.
Oh wait, that should be Crypto, the topples over as a result of it
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #17657
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga Galunga View Post
Hope this is the right place to ask since we are talking stators. Can I install my RS stator and wait on the other electronics for a short time or do I have to do it all at once, lights, battery, relay, etc.
RS has two pair of green/white power output for 200w output total. Just wire in one pair for 100w power output and cap off the second pair. If your connections are clean and tight, then there should not be a heat problem.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #17658
galland1
n00b

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
RS has two pair of green/white power output for 200w output total. Just wire in one pair for 100w power output and cap off the second pair. If your connections are clean and tight, then there should not be a heat problem.
This. I used one leg of RS with stock reg. for several months. It is rated at 125w iirc.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
galland1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #17659
Gunga Galunga
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Stator replies

Burpsa, Kiko, Galland1 Thanks 3 amigos
Stonethrowa
Nice dash setup, don't worry I still haven't figured out how to upload pics and that is like asking for directions on the road, I just can't.

Gunga Galunga screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 07:14 AM Reason: oops
Gunga Galunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #17660
WunderfulLusterful
Banned

Oddometer: 24
I put a set of those cheap Chinese radiators on my 2000 last year. The lower right hand outlet had to modified. The fitting was too short and was turned inward towards the engine too far. I had to cut the fitting, turn it about 20* and add 1/2" to the length for it too work. The mounting hole didn't line up quite right but they did work. But on a plus side, they are pretty well made and sturdy. For $120, you can't really go wrong with them. You can jack up 3 or 4 pairs of those rads for the price of a set of Fluidynes!
WunderfulLusterful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #17661
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
Seeing this forum has tRONdled in the direction of penis-envy of late: Start to carry on the right side then you dickhead!

Thanks, will appreciate - especially the offsets/diff's, the expression "a tight fit" has taken a whole new meaning for me fitting this behemoth.

Kasuyaho, what brand are they - and also, pls post a pic of the bottom of the RHS as this is where I will have to modify mine?

GungaG,
I'd not do that, as the surplus of power will have to be sinked in your current regulator i.e it will become way too hot, I hunch it might fry. Better would be to wire-in the new (bigger) reg at the same time, then mod the rest later.

Bump,
Thank you for your post, as it has spurred Ron on to wire an awesome thread together, in doing so showing his true colours which, quite frankly, shine!

Captain,
Good man, and mine is bigger than yours anyway.
Oh wait, that should be Crypto, the topples over as a result of it
The brand is PWR,
http://www.pwr.com.au/
they have different cores, these cores have plus 100% more surface area than the OEM radiators.
Very good quality BURSPA

KASUYAHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #17662
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Old 07-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #17663
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Old 07-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #17664
bigkuri
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
This is one huge thread, so apologies if this has been posted before....

I currently have a KTM 950 SuperEnduro. I love it, but time for a change.

Any opinions of going from the 950 to the BRP?

My background is childhood of semi-pro enduro, and I now do circa 15k miles per year road touring, plus 20 odd days of off road. I don't want two bikes, and my road riding is so quick I have to limit myself with power (speeding tickets etc)

I've always wanted a BRP, as I ended my racing career on a KX500 just as the Honda came out. Just a bit worried about all my miles.... Figuring an oil cooler to boost oil quantity and increase service intervals?

Any thoughts appreciated :)

bigkuri screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 12:12 AM
bigkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #17665
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASUYAHO View Post
Splendid, just what the doc ordered, thanks!
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #17666
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkuri View Post

My background is childhood of semi-pro enduro, and I now do circa 15k miles per year road touring, plus 20 odd days of off road. I don't want two bikes, and my road riding is so quick I have to limit myself with power.

I've always wanted a BRP, as I excited my racing career on a KX500 just as the Honda came out. Just a bit worried about all my miles.... Figuring an oil cooler to boost oil quantity and increase service intervals?

Baja designs (I think it was them) used to make an oil cooler but it's out of production now. I've looked at the return line going into the frame and know that a cooler/auxiliary tank is possible. No vendor to my knowledge makes one though. The xr frame seems to act as a big heat sink for the oil and it doesn't seem to get all that hot. An inmate several pages back reported reasonable oil temps in hot weather, but I can't remember the numbers.

I personally wouldn't want to do 15k (miles?) A year touring on the xr. Its a fun bike for sure, but I dont know how you'd like it coming off a 950. I've never ridden a 950 though. Sorry, that didn't sound very helpful.

Check out the xr650r adventure conversions thread for some inspiration. There are a lot of awesome bikes in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #17667
Cpt. Ron
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkuri View Post

My background is childhood of semi-pro enduro, and I now do circa 15k miles per year road touring, plus 20 odd days of off road. I don't want two bikes, and my road riding is so quick I have to limit myself with power.

I've always wanted a BRP, as I excited my racing career on a KX500 just as the Honda came out. Just a bit worried about all my miles.... Figuring an oil cooler to boost oil quantity and increase service intervals?

I don't know your physical size, but that is the only really big issue you may come up with. The BRP is just a smaller bike (duh!), but it fits smaller. I'm 6-feet, 1-inch tall (sorry, 'merican....), and I still find the BRP a bit tight in the cockpit after a long boring road ride. On the tighter stuff, though, it works much better for me. My brother has and SE, and I have a 950 Adventure, so I've been down this road. I've ridden my XR to Utah and back (supported), my KTM to Death Valley and back (unsupported). On the highways and byways, the 950's shine. On backcountry dirt roads, it's about a wash at the end of the day. On the tigher/rougher stuff, the XR shines. In all honesty, if I had to choose between the two for one bike, I'm more inclined to the XR650R. The one advantage of the 950 for me is having passenger accommodations for my boys (well, one at a time....).

And if you sell the 950 for the XR, you will surely miss that sweet engine/exhaust noise.

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #17668
Garthe
ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer: 4,357

Scott Summers rack in F/M.

Link: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907322
Garthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #17669
bigkuri
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Thanks guys, useful :)

Will check out the XR650 Adventure mod thread :)

I'm 6'2" and pretty solid, but no giant, so size is not an issue.

On a tour of the Swiss Alps last week three of my mates were done for speeding, $2k each on the spot fine. No one knows how I escaped as I was several minutes in the lead....
My riding is increasingly focused back on the dirt; Morocco this November, Iceland next year, etc..

The real issue will be actually finding a decent bike here in the UK.... The prices here have recently gone utterly nuts, not helping things.

bigkuri screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 12:41 AM
bigkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #17670
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
I am lucky enough to have both bikes. The XR is a great dual sport bike and fills the gap between the SE and smaller dirt bike. I sold my first SE and ended up getting another one a year later. My advise would be to have them both.