Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpop View Post
. I contemplated doing the same style setup he did with the paralever rear and USD late model front but the cost would blow out and my budget is stretched to the limit already.
No matter what you do with the handling & styling it will only still have that 65 motor in it. If you want to start hotting that up you may as well get hold of a 1000 cc donk. Then of course you will want to start racing it & on it goes.
Padmei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
oldhippie1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
violet pop

You have succeeded in fucking up a very nice original bike. Kinda like lots of people have done with Harleys. Its terrible.
oldhippie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
No matter what you do with the handling & styling it will only still have that 65 motor in it. If you want to start hotting that up you may as well get hold of a 1000 cc donk. Then of course you will want to start racing it & on it goes.
Yeah I would like to be able to do the 1000cc but I think it is all my budget allows. I will be looking into it down the track for sure.
violetpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie1 View Post
You have succeeded in fucking up a very nice original bike. Kinda like lots of people have done with Harleys. Its terrible.
Thanks mate. You have indicated to me that you are extremely ignorant and stupid in your views.

How dare you compare my bike to a Harley and how dare you say I fucked it up. According to who your small, narrow minded, brick in the wall opinion? You are a no-body.... Just like me.

This is MY bike and I will do what ever i please to it because it is MY bike. If you like your bikes original, go to your shed, get your little tooth brush out and start cleaning your ride.

Don't come to my page and shit all over it with your silly comments.

Are we understood, sir?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #20
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,319
Quote:
No matter what you do with the handling & styling it will only still have that 65 motor in it.

Rims, spoilers and big mufflers do not a sports car make.

Motor, suspension, and brakes are far better things to waste money on.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #21
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post

Rims, spoilers and big mufflers do not a sports car make.

Motor, suspension, and brakes are far better things to waste money on.
You make a good call... See how things pan out! Brakes will be all new, suspension fully rebuilt and some nice Pirelli tyres. The motor will be the last thing.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #22
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,360
Quote:
Yeah I would like to be able to do the 1000cc but I think it is all my budget allows. I will be looking into it down the track for sure.
My point was don't get too far into the build & be hamstrung by the smaller motor - just get the styling to how you want it then if you want to go faster look at another R100RT or similarly unwanted bike & do the same to that.
Oh & don't worry about the purists, in fact you are lucky you posted here & not on the UKgsers site- they get very very upset with customs.
Padmei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #23
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,257
Quote:
This is MY bike and I will do what ever i please to it because it is MY bike. If you like your bikes original, go to your shed, get your little tooth brush out and start cleaning your ride.
ah the fashion police are out
looks like you are doing an excellent job!

purist are afraid your bike will end up like this 1963 R69S with a R75/7 engine, tank and front end.

_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #24
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
My point was don't get too far into the build & be hamstrung by the smaller motor - just get the styling to how you want it then if you want to go faster look at another R100RT or similarly unwanted bike & do the same to that.
Oh & don't worry about the purists, in fact you are lucky you posted here & not on the UKgsers site- they get very very upset with customs.
Yeah i hear you on that one. That was the original plan. I will set the bike up, do everything and then down the track, if a good engine comes up i will go for it! Happy days!!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:31 AM   #25
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
ah the fashion police are out
looks like you are doing an excellent job!

purist are afraid your bike will end up like this 1963 R69S with a R75/7 engine, tank and front end.

Thank you mate.... I like what i see man, very interesting set up and i am sure it is a pleasure to ride!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #26
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

So I have a few updates and a couple a question...

The question is as follows: do these top clamp bolts need a large 'o' ring around them? I just can't see how they seal and keep the oil in... They had thread tape over them which I can't imagine would be done from the factory.

Now to the updates. I have cleaned a few more things up and started to get the bike rolling again... After I took these pictures, I pulled the wheel off and sent them to the bike shop that will eventually help me with the things that are put of my depth.

Once I get the wheels and tyres back I will work out what clip ons to use, drop the engine and box back in and get the bike over to the shop and sort out a cowl/tank, exhaust and getting the suspension fully rebuilt. Happy days, un happy back pocket!
Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #27
gs-ell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Cheers, man... I ended up buying the rear sets from "flat-racer" and the brand are Tarozzi. Finish seems great, light yet strong. All in all very good.

Yes, i have seen the super beemer and have spoken with Elliot over email a little bit. He is doing a great job with that bike and i do look forward to seeing the finished product. I contemplated doing the same style setup he did with the paralever rear and USD late model front but the cost would blow out and my budget is stretched to the limit already.
Violetpop, i am Elliott.
I meant for the next project, which is leaning on the wall, i think i'll keep it 'classic' looking.
The cost for the build of superbeemer aint that bad, though i have swapped parts for parts!!

Why does no one like the R65 as a race bike?
It's a short stroke, loves to be revved engine, my current bike has had 115mph with a few tweaks to carb inlets and air intakes, and for superbeemer i've a huge list of mods for the engine, to really increase the bhp.
But most people i speak to always say go for the 1000, but isnt it a more low down grunty engine??

Ignore the purists mate, BMW made a great bike some just like to make it look LOADS better.

All the best
gs-ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:18 AM   #28
violetpop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs-ell View Post
Violetpop, i am Elliott.
I meant for the next project, which is leaning on the wall, i think i'll keep it 'classic' looking.
The cost for the build of superbeemer aint that bad, though i have swapped parts for parts!!

Why does no one like the R65 as a race bike?
It's a short stroke, loves to be revved engine, my current bike has had 115mph with a few tweaks to carb inlets and air intakes, and for superbeemer i've a huge list of mods for the engine, to really increase the bhp.
But most people i speak to always say go for the 1000, but isnt it a more low down grunty engine??

Ignore the purists mate, BMW made a great bike some just like to make it look LOADS better.

All the best
Ahhh it all makes sense now!! How are you, Elliot? Yeah i think i will. You never know what will come up so it doesnt hurst.

Man, i think with parts, us aussies down under get jacked because for some of the second hand used parts we are getting charged and arm and a leg! I will stick to this current suspension set up and see how it go!

Do you have a thread here or you doing it from your blog?... The latest pictures i saw look bloody good man and yes, i do like the engine. Had no problems taking me 4000km without a problem before i pulled it down. I would like to have a spare 65 engine to tinker with, as you said, ports and carb wise...

* by the way, the World Wide Web isn't that World Wide hahaha

violetpop screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 05:19 AM Reason: *
Old 07-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #29
Travmoto
almost there...

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Progress is looking really good mate. In the nanny state I'm guessing 650 will get to 100kph not to different from a r100?
Travmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
gs-ell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Ahhh it all makes sense now!! How are you, Elliot? Yeah i think i will. You never know what will come up so it doesnt hurst.

Man, i think with parts, us aussies down under get jacked because for some of the second hand used parts we are getting charged and arm and a leg! I will stick to this current suspension set up and see how it go!

Do you have a thread here or you doing it from your blog?... The latest pictures i saw look bloody good man and yes, i do like the engine. Had no problems taking me 4000km without a problem before i pulled it down. I would like to have a spare 65 engine to tinker with, as you said, ports and carb wise...

* by the way, the World Wide Web isn't that World Wide hahaha
Just, slowly, updating the blog .......... http://superbeemer.blogspot.co.uk/
I've emailed you a few times you picking them up? got some plans for the engine i sent the info on, might be useful.
I can always look into shipping the parts to you if it works out a bit cheaper.

you settled on a colour for the bike yet?

Elliott
gs-ell is offline   Reply With Quote