Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #6061
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Damn I need to get back into the game, I'm only at level 10 or 11 right now.
I went back and played through 'Out of Body Experience' and it was way easy. Interesting enough, there was no map marker for it. I had to locate the area and once I warped there it appeared. The mission was supposed to be done when you're at lvl 12-15 I think. I'm at 22. I also noticed the prize was lackluster and still at lvl 12. Was that because I got the mission when I was at a lower level? Seems strange but whatever.

I've gone through the 'Hole' and it's crazy down there. I get one or two Badass Pyre Thresher with worm hole and tadpoles all at the same time. And because it's not hard enough already some Varkids are always there as well. Luckily, I found a 4K damage RPG.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #6062
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #6063
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I've gone through the 'Hole' and it's crazy down there. I get one or two Badass Pyre Thresher with worm hole and tadpoles all at the same time. And because it's not hard enough already some Varkids are always there as well. Luckily, I found a 4K damage RPG.
Threshers and Varkids are a pain in the ass.

Super Badass Threshers are almost impossible to kill and will not stop coming for you once you shoot at them, so be ready for an ass whooping once you take the first shot. Sometimes it's best to sneak around them and let them be!

As Varkids get shot, they evolve into Super Badass Varkids and are really hard to kill but leave good loot!

Sidenote!
As you get into PT2.5, watch for 'Chubby' variants of all the bad guy critters... They are slow, but they are also bullet sponges, and keep on coming for you!

They drop some of the best loot in the game though when you finally kill them.

Thanks!
Cris
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #6064
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Threshers and Varkids are a pain in the ass.

Super Badass Threshers are almost impossible to kill and will not stop coming for you once you shoot at them, so be ready for an ass whooping once you take the first shot. Sometimes it's best to sneak around them and let them be!

As Varkids get shot, they evolve into Super Badass Varkids and are really hard to kill but leave good loot!

Sidenote!
As you get into PT2.5, watch for 'Chubby' variants of all the bad guy critters... They are slow, but they are also bullet sponges, and keep on coming for you!

They drop some of the best loot in the game though when you finally kill them.

Thanks!
Cris
The Threshers that are in the hole that I've gone across are Badass Pyre Thresher. Takes two 4000 damage RPG's. If I'm on the ground, I'll usually get caught and have to do the second chance to kill it and survive. Then hope the blast kills off some of the tadpoles and other stuff.

I'm only at Lvl 25 now. I ended up buying the Mecromancer and Pyscho pack before the summer sale ended. The only thing I didn't buy were a hand pull of skins. So for $30 I got just about everything. Sure beats $49 for the game, $39 for the Season Pass and however much for the non SP DLC.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #6065
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
So now that the sale is over, did anyone snag any good games?

I know that purchase limit I set for myself in the beginning was ignored..
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #6066
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
I'm sure I'm late to the party, but one of my lads showed me a video of actual PS4 gameplay of the upcomong game "Watchdogs;" and to say I am blown away is an understatement.

I applaud them for starting the video with the guy just walking around, so you can really understand that this isn't just a promo... this is the game.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #6067
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post

I just bought Borderlands 2 and DLC and Don't Starve!. I was tempted to buy Tomb Raider, Fez and some others but I'll wait for the winter sale.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #6068
CaveDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post

MY son spent enough that I didn't get much. I like "puzzle" games, so I did end getting The Swapper.
CaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #6069
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,395
Still playing gt4 but now i got a wheel.
I am trying to get the s licenses.
Fml.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #6070
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,393
Anyone running the AMD FX procs? I decided to go with the underdog thinking XB1 and PS4 using red-team gear would force developers to write AMD-friendly code. Plus i thought the AM3+ socket may be around for a while.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #6071
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Anyone running the AMD FX procs? I decided to go with the underdog thinking XB1 and PS4 using red-team gear would force developers to write AMD-friendly code. Plus i thought the AM3+ socket may be around for a while.
I'd wait to see if PhysX sticks around, with games like Borderlands 2 on NVIDIA cards it runs on the GPU which is a lot faster than AMD where those calculations need to be run by the CPU (so AMD will be at a slower frame rate with it on). To give you an idea of the difference it makes in some games:

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #6072
Jeffy
Hmm...

I have to say the Statuesque mission Claptrap has you go on is really tough. I know there are cheats for it but I did it the hard way. WOW! It's crazy hard.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #6073
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

3 4k displays running at once

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 07-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #6074
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I'd wait to see if PhysX sticks around, with games like Borderlands 2 on NVIDIA cards it runs on the GPU which is a lot faster than AMD where those calculations need to be run by the CPU (so AMD will be at a slower frame rate with it on).
Ironically enough, some tests have come up with results which somehow show that a number of games work best with an AMD proc + nVidia card. The guys doing the tests had absolutely no idea why that happened.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #6075
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
Ironically enough, some tests have come up with results which somehow show that a number of games work best with an AMD proc + nVidia card. The guys doing the tests had absolutely no idea why that happened.
That is a bit odd, the only thing I can think of is AMD has pretty much retreated into the low-mid end market and the gaming world, they've all but given up the high end market. Though value wise they look pretty good on paper/benchmarks (@ 200 bucks they have a 8 core processor which is 50% faster than intel's i5 at the same price) as long as your program doesn't use a single thread. The problem is their next step up @ 350 dollars is slower than intel's i7 of the same price...and after that it's pretty much all intel except for the overclocked 5 Ghz turbo mode AMD CPU that's 900 dollars and needs liquid cooling, but that thing is still slower than ~500 dollar intels.
from
And since gaming is their niche now I wouldn't be shocked that they optimize the CPU's for it VS intel who's CPU architecture is used in well....gaming computers, video editing, to servers, to super computers....pretty much everything.

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 06:32 AM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: