Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #9976
mbrick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I ordered a new 40T OEM Sprocket from the dealer P/N 75010051040. Came with the KTM P/N and barcode sticker on it, but it is a PBR Sprocket and in their packaging. Are they an OEM for KTM?

I've never seen a part from another manufacturer with a KTM P/N sticker just added to it so I am curious.
mbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #9977
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,273
I'm planning on picking up a rear wheel lift at cycle gear today.
What size is the thread for the spools on the swing arm?

Sent from outside my mind.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #9978
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
We designed our own injection-moulded disconnect tool for the push-fit fuel connectors,which can be attached to a key-ring,so you have it ready when needed.
As its plastic,it does not damage the connector,and its ORANGE!!

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...connector-clip
Hi John, that's a nifty bit to have in the bike toolkit, had not seen that before until this thread, and orange makes it near irresistible.

I bought my NAPA set (6 sizes for $12) a year ago for my Husaberg FE and they didn't have them in blue
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #9979
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,453
Finally swapped out my Leo V can for a FMF Q4. The Q4 is definitely more quiet so I'm happier.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #9980
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Finally swapped out my Leo V can for a FMF Q4. The Q4 is definitely more quiet so I'm happier.
My 2010 had the Q4. The 2008 I'm on now has the LeoV. The Q4 has amazing sound and quality. I would switch in a second.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #9981
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Akro shields with a q4?!

Dropped my bike a few times today and really wished I had something to grab to lift it. Are the rear grab bars substantial enough to lift the bike? Mine are still in the bag.
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'10 Yamaha TW200 '07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #9982
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmstatecrawler View Post
Akro shields with a q4?!

Dropped my bike a few times today and really wished I had something to grab to lift it. Are the rear grab bars substantial enough to lift the bike? Mine are still in the bag.
The OEM ones fell off.

Yup, I drag mine around all the time with them.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #9983
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Cord,
Easy cheap way to do it. Cut the wire with the plug on it and extend it long enough so you can mount the potentiometer somewhere up on the front of the bike. It doesn't matter if you switch the wires... I did this a few weeks ago.

Thanks, Noah. That's a good, practical suggestion. If it can be mounted high enough and protected from the elements, I'll think about doing that.

Do you happen to have a pic?

Hope all is well with the tour.

C
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #9984
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Went riding today and dropped the bike a few times. When trying to restart it was fickle. Would not start in gear at all! It even took about 30 seconds to get it started in neutral. I am new to fuel injection so I tried giving it a little throttle to start it but it popped back through the throttle body or something under the seat. I have the full akrapovic exhaust, k&n air filter and evo1 airbox lid with the evo1 map. Do I need a custom map? I thought the evo1 map was supposed to be perfect for my setup but it seems to be a little lean across the board. I did not oil the filter as they come preoiled so should I wash it and try to oil it? I out of ideas...
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'10 Yamaha TW200 '07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #9985
-jb-
Ignorant Squid

Oddometer: 21
Discovered the low fuel light on my new-to-me '08 690 Enduro isn't working. It did work for a bit, so this leaves me in the fun situation of guessing when gas is low. Amusingly, this started before I ever even dropped it.

I've not yet traced out the wiring to determine if it's just the one light, the sensor itself, or something else entirely.

Anyone have to deal with this?
Old 07-28-2013, 01:00 AM   #9986
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Went riding today and dropped the bike a few times. When trying to restart it was fickle. Would not start in gear at all! It even took about 30 seconds to get it started in neutral. I am new to fuel injection so I tried giving it a little throttle to start it but it popped back through the throttle body or something under the seat. I have the full akrapovic exhaust, k&n air filter and evo1 airbox lid with the evo1 map. Do I need a custom map? I thought the evo1 map was supposed to be perfect for my setup but it seems to be a little lean across the board. I did not oil the filter as they come preoiled so should I wash it and try to oil it? I out of ideas...
This might be a dumb question, but did you turn the ignition off and then back on before trying to restart it? I think the rollover switch may have something to do with your situation, and I want to say that cycling the ignition might reset that, but I'm just guessing.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:11 AM   #9987
tidbits
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Can't provide any insight to your post but I had the same issues on my '12 690 yesterday, minus the dropping bike bit . I was riding some very greasy clay forest trails, plenty of steep accents and descents in 2nd and 3rd gear, slowish riding, and every time I stalled or turned the bike off it would be very hard to start with constant backfiring. If I let it cool, it didn't seem to be too much of an issue. My bike is completely stock as far as exhaust, air box and mapping. Anyone have any ideas .
tidbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #9988
tidbits
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
This might be a dumb question, but did you turn the ignition off and then back on before trying to restart it? I think the rollover switch may have something to do with your situation, and I want to say that cycling the ignition might reset that, but I'm just guessing.
Personally I tried turning the bike off completely, back on, kicking it over. Nothing but backfiring and wouldn't start no matter how much I kept turning it over. Tried turning it on, rolling the throttle on and off slowly, turn it off, back on and kick it over, nothing but constant backfiring. I tried all combos but nothing seemed to truly solve it.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #9989
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 700
so did it blow the throttle body off of the intake boot?
Old 07-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #9990
tidbits
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
so did it blow the throttle body off of the intake boot?
Not for me, but for palmstate I would check that. I've had the throttle body blow off before, and when it was backfiring it had the same sound to it.

It seemed to be related to bike temp. I have he RR uk water temp sensor so the fan was constantly kicking in on the slow sections. Once we got through the faster gravel and a break for a beer and steak sandwich for lunch it was fine and got me home no worries.