Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #61
abnslr
rides a motorcycle

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I agree,Ive got a full perf leather jacket hanging in the closet,love to sell it but paid 320.00 for it and it wont bring 50.00 around here in extreme heat land.
Leather perforations compared to Textile.........no match.

Leather hates sweat,salt and body excretions destroy it from the inside out,cleaning leather is a royal pain. Rain and leather suck,takes forever to dry and become pliable again.

Leather is barely a memory for most street riders today,modern textiles have taken its place for most. For posing and playing superbiker leather has no equal.
It's hot where I am too, but I find my Vanson Hurricane to provide just as good airflow as a Scorpion textile mesh jacket that also hangs on my clothes bar. I like the hard GP armor better than the foam in the Scorpion too. I am a bit concerned about the deterioration with time, but how do you measure that?
abnslr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #62
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,619
I'm still breaking it in, but I went for a Spartaness 2-piece and am pretty happy with it. Fit is fantastic - mailed my measurements in from Germany - and the construction is quite good. Rivals what you pay 2-3x more for here in the Fatherland. Options were endless and I love the reflective piping. Seems like a little thing, but I love it. I really cannot think of anything to say that is negative. Attention to detail is very good. I have not crashed in it yet (thankfully), but good reviews from crashees led me to spend my money there.

For the price, it is fantastic. When I eventually decide to grab a onesie, I'll likely go back to Dave for it.