User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,595
Wonderful story, great update.

Scratches, bumps and dings give a bike character, they are the patina of loving use...

Ride well.

--Bill
Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #32
ManiZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
This has to be my favorite FP story. Thank you for resurrecting the thread; I hadn't read it before. You gained wonderful perspective at a (thankfully) minimal physical cost and shared it with us so we could at least attempt to gain it and do so at zero cost. Bravo!
ManiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #33
Effervescent
Sexiest ADVrider '13

Oddometer: 1,797
Job well done. Nice repairs.

Dawns on me, do any fellas ride with backup valve covers?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #34
malott442 OP
Loud, yet refreshing

Oddometer: 578
Well, I'm a little late on my 2 year update.

1. The RT is gone. I traded it off for a GS, and then traded that off for a k1200rs. I really miss having an RT. The K1200 is hot and honestly too fast for my maturity level.

2. Chris' children are getting HUGE. Chris Junior and Olivia Grace are beautiful, happy children.

3. I'm a daddy now. Miss Victoria Ann is a great source of laughs and I love her in a way I've never loved before. I now know how a parent feels when they say they would die for their kids...

4. I'm planning a Deal's Gap trip in a few weeks, which will be my 2nd venture there this year. I plan on going to Maggie Valley and checking out the Wheels Through Time museum. I love their show "What's in the Barn?"

5. I still get nervous and avoid riding in the rain. I just don't see the point in pushing through, when you can make an excuse to stretch out and relax somewhere dry.

6. I still ride ATGATT, and hope other people are influenced into doing the same. It sure is less expensive to sweat all summer than to spend a month in a burn unit getting skin grafts.

I guess I'm going to try to build another ride report, based on the popularity of this one. I just need to find the time to go on an actual ride .

I've already missed my Circle of Labrador and my Iceland trips. I'm shooting for Australia, western Europe, or India next year.
malott442 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #35
harley1550
Touring Rider

Oddometer: 219
Very impressive, malott, and as impressive as your roadside repair was, your growth and willingness to talk about it, is more impressive. Major kudo's to you, Man, and the very best to you and your family.

Thanks for the pics, beautiful kids, and stay with that ATGATT and sitting out the rain. :)
harley1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #36
Stonedude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
This is the perfect example of Advrider that I love.... Post is made long ago.... most of us are none the wiser... and them BOOM - there is an update. Bringing to this newbies attention, who then enjoys reading the story and personal enlightenment. Great job, beautiful kiddo and an encouraging story!! Hats off bro.

13' Tiger 800xc
Stonedude is offline   Reply With Quote