Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #166
Cat Daddy
Cob Artist

Oddometer: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post

My wife bought one of those last summer. Same color, 5 door Focus. She's at about 15k miles so far and really likes it. Her mileage started out at 35mpg but has climbed up to 38 as its broken in.

Quirky car though. I was changing the oil the other day and just looking it over while I was under there. The oil pan is scalloped out on the bottom and has the AC compressor nestled up into it underneath the center of the engine.
Cat Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #167
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
This is the first vehicle I bought with my head and not my heart. I needed fuel economy, lots of haul room and reliability without worrying about sportiness or where it registers on the automotive "cool" scale.

Today it turned 100k miles and has been everything I hoped for and much more.

It's not your usual Element since its the SC one with the full plush interior and ground effects and factory 18 inch wheels with lowered suspension. The real unusual part is that its a 5 speed manual rather than the common auto trans. Year in and year out, its given me 25 mpg. I did get one tank of 24 mpg and have never exceeded 25 a single time. Summer or winter, high speed or low speed, always 25 mpg. The fuel light comes on somewhere between 300 and 310 miles and it hold 12 gallons every time.

I suspect I'll keep this one a long time. I just got a set of wheels off another Element to swap the 18s I have now for the 16s that the cheaper Elements came with. The 18s really hurt the ride and noise level. I just need to get the new wheels powder coated and buy some tires.
Same motor as we had on the CR-V, service your AC. There is a pattern failure the compresser experiences and the failure damages other parts with metal shavings being introduced into the system... An expensive fix with Honda parts..

Not a single other mechanical issue (just wear and tear normal stuff) is known with regard to the CR-V and the Element. Very good vehicles..
Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #168
Mendodave
Road Scholar

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Can we just get one giant Honda lovefest going? Plllease?
Hell, I'm sure someone here even loved a del sol.
wanker...

what is not to love? runs perfect, hauls ass, handles exceptionally, and gets 40mpg. ok, I will keep it!

Mendo
Mendodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #169
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Spaceship.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: