Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 387 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #10381
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Well, I finally got to building a dedicated WOT desktop with Windows 7. I use Linux for everything else, but the graphics just are not cutting it.

Bought a new case and a 120 gb Samsung SSD today, installed windoze & the WOT download is in progress.

Gigabyte mobo, 8 gb mem, 120 gb SSD, Megahalems cooling, overclocked Intel Quad core (3.2 ghz), Gigabyte GTX650 / 2 gb video card.

Plenty fast enough for the game-
Wow... sounds close to my build here.

I have a lesser vid card though. Hope it works out.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #10382
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Get the amx13/90. It's fun.

I'm surprised none of you are playing up the french TD line.
Got ARL 39 and that little premium TD just for that reason.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #10383
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Got ARL 39 and that little premium TD just for that reason.
I used a little gold a la Geek and have the S35CA. I put my FCM 36 Pak 40 crew in it, but it says it's not trained for the S35 so i can use my perks? I thought I could put the gold tank crew in and all was fine?

I found an extra spall liner....so I threw it on teh Super P

papalobster screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 07:39 PM
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #10384
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I used a little gold a la Geek and have the S35CA. I put my FCM 36 Pak 40 crew in it, but it says it's not trained for the S35 so i can use my perks? I thought I could put the gold tank crew in and all was fine?

When I was first outfitting the Super P I ran out of moolah... so I threw the toolkit I had in the garage on. Now the Super P normally has my best medium crew, so they nearly all have the Mechanic skill trained to high numbers (because a tracked medium is a dead medium).

I found that with the perk and the box... I won't take the toolbox off of my Super P.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #10385
we3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post

I think you did what I did once.
Is the crew trained for the FCM or is it trained for any other French TD?

If you have them speced for the FCM, then you're hosed. You can move a crew that is same nation, same vehicle line IN TO a premium vehicle if they are specd for the NON-Premium vehicle.

Example - retrain them to the S35CA and then you can move them back and forth between the non-premium and premium TD.

(did I reply that in Engrish?)

....I miss America
we3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #10386
we3
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
When I was first outfitting the Super P I ran out of moolah... so I threw the toolkit I had in the garage on. Now the Super P normally has my best medium crew, so they nearly all have the Mechanic skill trained to high numbers (because a tracked medium is a dead medium).

I found that with the perk and the box... I won't take the toolbox off of my Super P.

Did you know that the Large repair kit while equipped, passively adds 10% to crew's field-repair speed. When used, the kit repairs all currently damaged modules until the end of battle when activated by the respective button.

So I mount one on some vehicles, add Toolox and have them specd repair for faster repairs... also note Brothers in Arms also adds another 5% to the skill/speed

You can spend the 50 gold for the large repair - or buy it for silver now also - just don't use it (unless really needed) - so just by sitting on your vehicle, it will boost your crews repair skill by 10%

- Side note - same thing for the large health pack - while equipped, provides 15% resistance to crew injury from penetrating hits.

And on the JagdTiger 8.8 (premium TD) the second loader is ALWAYS dieing - I dropped it on the TD and the +15% boost to crew health does the trick and keeps him alive.

....I miss America
Old 07-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #10387
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I'll use a large tool kit on clan wars tanks in clan wars, but otherwise I'm far too used to using repair kits (motor skill down pat to hit that button) to afford large ones for pub matches.

Now the gold / large fire extinguisher goes on nearly everything, but not the repair or the medical.

I'll start assessing my tanks and test out large medicals though. I used to use small medical kits at just about half the rate of small repair kits, but no longer... and I'm not sure what changed. I could probably do large med kits on a few more tanks now.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #10388
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
This was a sweet game in my Jagdtiger. 7 kills. 93% hit ratio. 4,803 damage dealt. 3,524 exp (including +20% bonus, second x2 bonus, premium account). Our last player got 100% cap for the win (with less than 30 seconds left in the game) in a 1 on 1 against an IS-8 who had 8 kills. Both our last player and the enemy IS-8 were down below 20 health.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #10389
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,173
Few questions.

1 xvm is working, but not allowing for the zoom out of the camera. Any suggestions? It really changes the game play for me.

2 I probably know the answer to this, but I really liked one of the mini map mods that had distancing lines and a direct point line of where your gun was pointed. Had that on one of the older versions. I also have gotten very addicted to the "last known point" info that the xvm map gives you. Wish there was some way to combine them.

3. I like the "stock" hit register better than the xvm, you know, where the health bar flashes yellow. Im sure you can turn it off, but dont know how. Any ideas?
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.

mfp4073 screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 11:21 PM
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #10390
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
Few questions.

1 xvm is working, but not allowing for the zoom out of the camera. Any suggestions? It really changes the game play for me.

2 I probably know the answer to this, but I really liked one of the mini map mods that had distancing lines and a direct point line of where your gun was pointed. Had that on one of the older versions. I also have gotten very addicted to the "last known point" info that the xvm map gives you. Wish there was some way to combine them.

3. I like the "stock" hit register better than the xvm, you know, where the health bar flashes yellow. Im sure you can turn it off, but dont know how. Any ideas?
The zoom out and the map lines are mods separate from xvm.

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM   #10391
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,053
After I installed the new xvm I copied over my old config files and I got everything back for the most part.

The only quirks:
I have my 600m red box on the minimap and the 500m max spotting ring, but I'm not getting the tanks actual vision ring I used. To get. The direction lines all work.

My last know location markers aren't going away when a tank dies so as the map continues I have little pink markers all over the place.

.mobile
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #10392
we3
Gnarly Adventurer

@ Frecks - I love those games - I typically call them "Slug fests"
And when there THAT good - I don't mind losing either, as long as they are played well and played hard by everyone involved.... its just cool that sometime the stars are aligned and 30 random people gave all.

Bonus that you won. Good one.

I recently just re-purchased my Ferd back and am looking forward to my JgdTiger.

....I miss America
Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #10393
C.John
to DOO or not to DOO

Oddometer: 86
Going to be "new tank week" for me (perfect timing with the discounted crew retraining special this weekend) .
Already purchased the T20 and the wz-131. I have the Caernarvon unlocked (but haven't pulled the trigger yet due to garage space/not wanting to sell Black Prince) and will be unlocking and purchasing the Cromwell today or tomorrow.

Gotta love that new tank smell...
Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #10394
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,746
Looks like I will re-train my crew for the S35 then. Darn it, I had it backwards.

The S35 fails to impress so far.
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #10395
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by we3 View Post
Got ya'
Was on Last Friday and there were three on but all leaving - and every time since, TS has been empty.

Though I do play mostly when every one else is at work.
I'll be in there off and on all day today - see you there!
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: