ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #2056
Fuzzball
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central West NSW
Oddometer: 111
Or I hand all the parts to the same bloke who's turning my SR500 in a 45~50HP monster ...and a shit load of money

Just found that the builder of the nicer set of pipes i linked earlier, has a sound check video hidden on his sight.

http://symzcraft.jp/public_html /video/video.html
3rd link, right click and save to desktop, run in player of your choice.
rool:

Bash plate wise, I'm going to use U-bolks and or "half saddles", with rubber hose or tape over the frame at the mounting points.
Oh, and I just ordered a set of K60's

Fuzzball screwed with this post 08-01-2013 at 01:13 AM
Fuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #2057
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Wine Country, CA
Oddometer: 434
So um...I searched, but maybe I suck at it.

What's the range average range of the W650 on a full tank? 4 gallons is the capacity right?
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #2058
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick
 
BravoFox's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: France
Oddometer: 230
Depends on your environment and riding style... I can manage 280 kms on my local twisties and village streets.

With the high bars on yours I doubt you'll achieve as much. I would guess you hit reserve by 180 kms ?
__________________
"Où nécessité fait loi".
BravoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #2059
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Wine Country, CA
Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFox View Post
Depends on your environment and riding style... I can manage 280 kms on my local twisties and village streets.

With the high bars on yours I doubt you'll achieve as much. I would guess you hit reserve by 180 kms ?
Not sure if I did this right....

I filled up on 7/29. Don't remember the exact amount but I filled the tank. Road around a mixture of back roads and city streets. Racked up 133 miles. Got gas, put in 2.6 gals to fill it back up again. So I guess I got 51.15mpg?! So I was guessing I'd get around 200 miles per tank? Something doesn't seem right...no coffee in the office this morning. :(
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #2060
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick
 
BravoFox's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: France
Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
Not sure if I did this right....

I filled up on 7/29. Don't remember the exact amount but I filled the tank. Road around a mixture of back roads and city streets. Racked up 133 miles. Got gas, put in 2.6 gals to fill it back up again. So I guess I got 51.15mpg?! So I was guessing I'd get around 200 miles per tank? Something doesn't seem right...no coffee in the office this morning. :(
You were asking about range, now you are talking fuel consumption. They are related alright, but two different things nevertheless.

Fuel up, zero in your trip odometer, ride, fuel up again, read the quantity of gas you just pumped in your tank, read the mileage, do the math.
__________________
"Où nécessité fait loi".
BravoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #2061
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Wine Country, CA
Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFox View Post
You were asking about range, now you are talking fuel consumption. They are related alright, but two different things nevertheless.

Fuel up, zero in your trip odometer, ride, fuel up again, read the quantity of gas you just pumped in your tank, read the mileage, do the math.
That's what I did!

So if I'm getting around 50mpg, I should get around 200miles per tank, right?

Otherwise, I should just fill the bitch up and ride around until I run out of gas and check the trip odometer while waiting for assistance.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #2062
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick
 
BravoFox's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: France
Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
That's what I did!

So if I'm getting around 50mpg, I should get around 200miles per tank, right?

Otherwise, I should just fill the bitch up and ride around until I run out of gas and check the trip odometer while waiting for assistance.
50mpg would make sense indeed.
May I remind you the notion of RESERVE on your tank ? Run your bike until you hit reserve, note the mileage it covered, and try to avoid using the reserve at all by filling up slightly before.

For instance on mine I know that with my riding style, type of roads etc... I hit reserve at approx 240 kms. Well most times I would fill up between 220 kms and 240, slightly before having to switch.
__________________
"Où nécessité fait loi".
BravoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #2063
chupa88
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFox View Post
50mpg would make sense indeed.
May I remind you the notion of RESERVE on your tank ? Run your bike until you hit reserve, note the mileage it covered, and try to avoid using the reserve at all by filling up slightly before.

For instance on mine I know that with my riding style, type of roads etc... I hit reserve at approx 240 kms. Well most times I would fill up between 220 kms and 240, slightly before having to switch.
I get about 45mpg in the city and up to 60mpg on the highway. Check out Fuelly.com. It'll let you record your mpg online and keep a history.
chupa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #2064
acap650
acap650
 
acap650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Western PA
Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
So um...I searched, but maybe I suck at it.

What's the range average range of the W650 on a full tank? 4 gallons is the capacity right?
125 miles to reserve. Takes less than 3 US gallons so maybe another 50 miles on reserve. Never tried to run it out. I get 45 - 50 mpg.
acap650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #2065
marco83
n00b
 
marco83's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 4
I get 27.25km per L
17L get me 463.25k
I am using a 18L aftermarket alloy tank.
Mostly travel speed is 90-120km.
marco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #2066
lkr57
scooter trash
 
lkr57's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Crestone and Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 140
gas capacity?

I don't think it really holds 4 gallons. I was on a weekend trip recently and ran onto reserve at 110 miles (headwinds, hills, cruising at 70+ mph). The owner's manual states the tank holds 15 liters (3.9 gal) with a 3 liter reserve. The closest gas station was 30 miles up the road. I did some mental arithmetic and figured that I probably wasn't going to make it (according to my on-the-bike mental calculations anyway). I slowed way down and did make it. When I filled up the bike only took 2.65 gallons. That worked out to about 52 mpg. It seems that either the tank holds a lot less than stated, or reserve is a lot more than stated, or both. One of these days I'm going to drain it and see how much gas it actually takes.
__________________
00 W650
84 KDX200
75 RL250
71 Maico MC250
plus a few more...
lkr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #2067
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Wine Country, CA
Oddometer: 434
I've thought about the actual amount of fuel the tank holds. I haven't had to switch it to reserve.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #2068
Pigford
British
 
Pigford's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Dorset, UK
Oddometer: 871
The tank has a recessed lip at the filler and you can't fill it up fully anyhow

I manage 65mpg (UK) easy and on a 50mph run got a genuine 80mpg
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #2069
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick
 
BravoFox's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: France
Oddometer: 230
Why are we even talking about fuel consumption of a 650 cc twin cylinder engine ?
__________________
"Où nécessité fait loi".
BravoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #2070
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider
 
GoonerYoda's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Wine Country, CA
Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFox View Post
Why are we even talking about fuel consumption of a 650 cc twin cylinder engine ?
Because I wanted to know. I plan on going from the Wine Country to Reno, NV for Street Vibrations next year and I'd like to know how many stops I need to make.

It's about 220 miles and in a car would take about 3.5hrs.

Or I can take a bit more scenic route via Lake Tahoe and it would be about 250miles and about 4.5hrs.

So it looks like at least 2 stops which would be perfect for taking a break as well. The scenic route would probably require 3-4 because why the hell not!


BTW...I'd love to ride to Sturgis, SD which is about 1,400 miles. Another one would be Daytona Beach, FL which is just a bit over 2,900 miles.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014