Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #361
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
If they don't care enough to call you....they don't care enough.
Yup.

If I buy one they wont get my business.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #362
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddBrit View Post
Yup.

Give MPH in Houston a call - those guys are a one of the best dealers in the US. Besides, you'll love the ride home.

Oh yes, their service, both in person and over the phone is exceptional. I made it a point to drop in and say Hi in person on my cross country last year. I've been dealing with them on parts and advice since I bought my Norge. Really good folks.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #363
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,324
Quote:
Yup.

You're talking about the touring models at RPM? You realize they only got those bikes in on Wednesday, right? And by Sunday, you're bent out of shape because they didn't call? Maybe they were waiting until they actually had them uncrated and on the floor. Which I will admit they had done by Saturday when I saw them. You've never made a mistake? Give the guys a break. I've been dealing with them for years and they've always treated me right.
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #364
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davevv View Post
You're talking about the touring models at RPM? You realize they only got those bikes in on Wednesday, right? And by Sunday, you're bent out of shape because they didn't call? Maybe they were waiting until they actually had them uncrated and on the floor. Which I will admit they had done by Saturday when I saw them. You've never made a mistake? Give the guys a break. I've been dealing with them for years and they've always treated me right.
Well. I called the guy the week before I went on vacation. He told me mid August at the earliest, and that the black bike would be 'in and out' as it was already sold.

Fair enough. But he promised to give me notice before it arrived. I suspect that the black one will be gone soonest.

This was on top of the previous black one arriving some time ago, when they said I could look but not sit on it. "We will call you when we uncrate it'. I didnt get a call, and when I did find out about it (similar circumstances) it was gone.

Sorry, but I speak as I find, and frankly they are not earning my business.

I didn't mention the dealer by name you might note.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #365
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgretz View Post
Give MPH in Houston a call - those guys are a one of the best dealers in the US. Besides, you'll love the ride home.

Oh yes, their service, both in person and over the phone is exceptional. I made it a point to drop in and say Hi in person on my cross country last year. I've been dealing with them on parts and advice since I bought my Norge. Really good folks.

jdg
Thanks.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #366
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,459
Quote:
Well. I called the guy the week before I went on vacation. He told me mid August at the earliest, and that the black bike would be 'in and out' as it was already sold.

Fair enough. But he promised to give me notice before it arrived. I suspect that the black one will be gone soonest.

This was on top of the previous black one arriving some time ago, when they said I could look but not sit on it. "We will call you when we uncrate it'. I didnt get a call, and when I did find out about it (similar circumstances) it was gone.

Sorry, but I speak as I find, and frankly they are not earning my business.

I didn't mention the dealer by name you might note.
It's very likely that they didn't know when the bikes would show up, and that these showed up a few days ago unexpectedly.

You should drop by the shop unannounced. Pretend you're there for parts, or something (don't ask about the Cal 14), and see if your salesman mentions the bikes.
IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
“Just keep playing, no matter how weird it gets.”
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #367
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post
You should drop by the shop unannounced. Pretend you're there for parts, or something (don't ask about the Cal 14), and see if your salesman mentions the bikes.
That's my plan, today.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #368
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
Didn't see the Ride Apart review listed here before. It's from April.

http://rideapart.com/2013/04/rideapa...lifornia-1400/

The comments are amusing as well.

I don't pay attention to what any of those folks say after reading their dumb rant about Harley's.
http://rideapart.com/2013/06/why-thi...ll-be-my-last/

I'm not a Harley apologist but the guy seems like a whiner and just butthurt.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #369
spincycle75
scoobie doobie n00bie

Oddometer: 7
Sounds badass with a set of pipes

spincycle75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #370
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker59 View Post

So today, thats exactly what I did!

They had two in, one white and one black. The bikes were STUNNING! Beautiful design, and the quality of the finish was simply outstanding. It was stunning!

That said I wont be buying one...

Why? It didn't fit

At 6 feet tall with long legs my knees almost touched the pots. Now I have had and do have other Guzzi's, and the smaller pots and pegs further back make a huge difference. With the forward boards and high and thick heads, it was just too close, especially in the TX heat where I live.

Bugger.

The other issue for me was I like to tour, so to enable that I would need to fit a rear rack and or top box. The thing is the side cases, which are humungous and beautifully made btw, hinge up which means you wouldnt be able to open them with a top box. Dang!

Here are the pics. Please excuse the limey white skin!

Close up.

Its a real shame as I LOVED the bike...
Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #371
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

PS they still haven't called.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #372
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,555
Did you drive it?

Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #373
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby View Post
Did you drive it?

No, they are not prepped yet. But I know it won't fit, Leo.

They had an older model in the lot, and when I sat on it I had at least 2-3 inches clearance. The bigger pots on the new ones and my long legs just don't fit, as my riding pants/jeans would be touching the head.

On my V11 (with what are basically rear sets) I have lots of room, so despite the heat from the heads, it's really not an issue. If I still lived in CA it wouldn't be such a big issue, but living in DFW with 3 months at 100F, it would literally cook my legs!

The top opening side cases would also be a bit of an issue, but i could probably work around that if it fit me.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #374
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Thanks for reviews!

So what I get from your review Maddbrit, is it's a good bike for taller riders up north?

Living in NJ I rarely ride in the summer anyway, too damn muggy. I won't ride in shorts, too much potential for serious pain. I've been down enough to know better.

It's a beautiful bike, even the bosslady thinks so (they're NEVER wrong!). Never thought I'd want a touring style bike, this one has swayed me, and I haven't physically seen it yet. I better leave the checkbook home when I do.
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #375
Jim K.
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
M is looking good.

I've never owned a Guzzi. I've admired them from afar, but, given that the nearest dealer is also "from afar" (75 mi away), plus a general mistrust of Italian reliability, I've never even seriously considered one. In the last few years though, first came that green Griso with the brown saddle......Woah!! What a looker! Then the serious temptation of the little 750 (I've sworn off liter bikes, 3/4 liter is my sweet spot) The "racer" looked a little too precious, but the standard & the cafe, especially with a nice 3rd party,retro half fairing & the new mildly stronger motor.....Sweet! Now this new 1400. I am the absolute opposite of a cruiser guy, but even a sport/standard lover like me has to stop & stare at this bruiser. The total profile, the attention to detail, the modern (somewhat) running gear in a visual homage to the best of the past... Like I said...even if it's not my cup of tea, you have to stop & nod when you see one, especially the black with the black & white. seat. Now I just read that the local Suzuki dealer 3 miles from my front door has taken on Guzzi. I'm doomed. Some one stop me before I do something foolish.
Jim K. is online now   Reply With Quote