Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,971
Quit posting pics of Paris and Florence ! I haven't been to Paris in about two years now, and I'm experiencing withdrawal; Florence, even longer. One reason scoots succeed in Europe has to do with the fact that Europeans actually live in the cities. Most Americans just commute to the cities. There are, of course, exceptions, but not so many. I have also noticed that Paris has a lot of 650 + size bikes. I've seen a lot of older BMW K75 and K100's there.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
dbg326
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
Quit posting pics of Paris and Florence ! I haven't been to Paris in about two years now, and I'm experiencing withdrawal; Florence, even longer. One reason scoots succeed in Europe has to do with the fact that Europeans actually live in the cities. Most Americans just commute to the cities. There are, of course, exceptions, but not so many. I have also noticed that Paris has a lot of 650 + size bikes. I've seen a lot of older BMW K75 and K100's there.
Hey, I've only been back for 4 months, and am experiencing withdrawals. The travel bug has bit hard..
Old 08-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
DOUBLE-O G
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbg326 View Post
Hey, I've only been back for 4 months, and am experiencing withdrawals. The travel bug has bit hard..
You're telling me! I've only been back for a week and I miss it terribly. The weather was pretty awesome this time around and helped make our trip even better.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
I agree. My DR650 has suspension scooters can only dream about.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #20
Reprobate
Sarcasm Loading....

Oddometer: 6,295
These are recent photos made between July 1st and July 20th on my solo motorcycle trip through France and Italy.

Vespa Scooteristas showing off in Mondovi, Italy.

Motorcycle/Scooter parking in Genoa.

Piazza Michelangelo, Firenze (Florence).

Florence, motorcycle/scooter parking:

I also have some older pictures from Paris, 2008:

I write the Amsterdam Assassin Series (suspense fiction), if you want to know more or support me by buying my work, please check out my website Tao of Violence and blog Amsterdam Assassin Series for news and links to the ebooks.

Reprobate screwed with this post 08-25-2013 at 12:50 AM
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,723
Bunch of cool pics!

I wish scooters would catch on like that in the US.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
blugg1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
I see more of them on US streets each year, but we've a long way to go.

Also, you see scooter dealers in cities and towns where before there were none. That's the needed support system.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Next month my wife and I will be in Bergen, Norway meeting a friend and then head down to Barcelona, Spain for 5 days.

Believe it or not the thing that I am most looking forward to is the scooter scene. Especially in Barcelona. My wife and my friend will want to see all the sites but for me I will be happy just walking up and down the streets looking at all the scooters especially the forbidden fruit in these parts.

Scooting is not that big in Norway but its still 100 times more then we get in the states. I have visited there in the dead of winter and you still see a lot of people riding them there. Even on snowy roads. How they keep them up is beyond me. Spikes in the tires probably!

They do have some scooter rentals in Barcelona and I will look into that as well if my wife does not get the best of me. Will need to renew my international drivers license though!
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #24
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post
Bunch of cool pics!

I wish scooters would catch on like that in the US.
I'm doing my part.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
Next month my wife and I will be in Bergen, Norway meeting a friend and then head down to Barcelona, Spain for 5 days.

Believe it or not the thing that I am most looking forward to is the scooter scene. Especially in Barcelona. My wife and my friend will want to see all the sites but for me I will be happy just walking up and down the streets looking at all the scooters especially the forbidden fruit in these parts.

Scooting is not that big in Norway but its still 100 times more then we get in the states. I have visited there in the dead of winter and you still see a lot of people riding them there. Even on snowy roads. How they keep them up is beyond me. Spikes in the tires probably!

They do have some scooter rentals in Barcelona and I will look into that as well if my wife does not get the best of me. Will need to renew my international drivers license though!
What international drivers license are you referring to; surely not the triple A thing ?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
Riteris
Dessert Runner

Oddometer: 2,860
If the cost of gas in the U.S. came near the cost of gas in France, you would see a lot more scooters here.

I am taking the advice of all those people that told me, "Hey kid, why don't you go play in traffic!"
Riteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #27
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post
What international drivers license are you referring to; surely not the triple A thing ?
I am pretty sure that is what I am talking about. You just go to AAA and pay a fee (used to be $20 but don't know now) and they take a picture and then fill it out. Basically all it does is decode your regular license into multiple languages. Whatever endorsements you have they carry over on the international license.

In the dozen times I have been to Europe I don't think I ever needed it but technically I think it is required. Its not a big deal to get it. Better safe then sorry!
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote