User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #331
Crossthread
Maker of Sharp Stuff

Oddometer: 628
Well, one thing's for sure...

This thing ain't your granddaddy's Cushman!

(Recommended: go to wide screen and turn up the volume!)

Realize that this guy is going CONTINUOUSLY uphill through the whole video...

makes my hands itch!

Crossthread screwed with this post 08-17-2013 at 07:32 PM
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #332
Crossthread
Maker of Sharp Stuff

Oddometer: 628
Aand another one

Doing a little suspension testing at a road course in Thailand?

One lap to get the feel of it, and then he's gone!

Anybody still think it's underpowered and fat? Hmm?

Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #333
Dav101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie1 View Post
They should be available here in a couple weeks.

Anyone know if the ABS Forza models are showing up along with the first batch or are the ABS following a month behind the non-ABS?

Seems like often the ABS optioned models from Honda don't show up right away and turn up a month later or so.

I know you've been waiting on the Forza OldHippie, are you getting lined up with ABS or NON-ABS?

I know ABS is not too popular with some but speaking as a person with several bikes and options, when there is a good chance of running into rain I usually leave the bikes in the garage and head out on the scooter.

Do any of you with bikes and scooters feel a scoot seems more manageable in inclement weather? For some reason I do.

Maybe I grab the scoot because with all the plastics it's a lot easier to clean up after getting caught out in the wet which is affecting my decision a bit too.
Dav101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #334
ohiotj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Got to sit on one at the Honda tent at Indy yesterday. Gotta scratch it off my list. I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam, and felt a little cramped on it. Pretty much seemed like there was just enough room on the floorboards to have my feet forward or down, with no wiggle room. If I was just a little bit shorter, it probably would have been just fine. Sat on a Silverwing while I was there, and it had a little bit more room. I suspect a custom seat that puts me an inch or so higher and back would do the trick, too.

Strangely enough, despite how tiny it was, I the Grom seemed like it would be alright.
ohiotj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #335
DOUBLE-O G OP
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiotj View Post
Got to sit on one at the Honda tent at Indy yesterday. Gotta scratch it off my list. I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam, and felt a little cramped on it. Pretty much seemed like there was just enough room on the floorboards to have my feet forward or down, with no wiggle room. If I was just a little bit shorter, it probably would have been just fine. Sat on a Silverwing while I was there, and it had a little bit more room. I suspect a custom seat that puts me an inch or so higher and back would do the trick, too.

Strangely enough, despite how tiny it was, I the Grom seemed like it would be alright.
I am as tall as you are and I have sat on the Grom as well. It fits me pretty well despite its size. I haven't had the chance to sit on Forza but given your report, it looks like it wouldn't fit me too well.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #336
Jaqen H'ghar
Valar Morgoulis

Oddometer: 199
Forza 300

Checked Cycle Trader yesterday and 73 are on there nationwide and 7 in Calif., so I went over to the dealer closest to me at Huntington Beach Honda (a stand alone Honda dealer) and they had one of the non ABS models and one of the ABS models so they are starting to arrive at dealerships now.
I liked everything about it and the quality is almost BMW and is excellent. I'll pick one up this week, still want to check around with different dealers as the "fees" amount to $725.00 plus T&L. The annoying thing is they don't want to talk about the OTD price unless your willing to go in and sit down and start the negotiations. That fact keeps me out of the buying mood.

2014 R1200 RT
Jaqen H'ghar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #337
ohiotj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx View Post
I am as tall as you are and I have sat on the Grom as well. It fits me pretty well despite its size. I haven't had the chance to sit on Forza but given your report, it looks like it wouldn't fit me too well.
You might still want to take a look at them if you are interested. I think what bothered me most is my upper legs were at a slight upward tilt when my feet were on the floorboards, which I'm not overly fond of. I can let that slide when I can fidget some with my foot location, but there just wasn't enough room. On my Buddy 125, I can sit a bit further back on the seat, and tuck my feet a bit further back near the passenger foot location, and it feels alright. On my Elite 250, there's a long enough distance from the floorboard to the seat its not an issue. A slightly different seat configuration on the Forza, and everything would probably just fine.
ohiotj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #338
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiotj View Post

Same thing Made for me . I feel it someone 5 foot 3 to 5 8. far to low. Even worse then pcx 150 for room . The seat as it is is far to low and the handle bars the same thing. Don't know what honda is doing Nice look but still doesn't match up to the old helix . Really I wonder if all these scooter are the results of dumb ass focus groups ? Sadily I ve got more leg room on my old honda 80 cc elite then this . LOL

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 08:46 PM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #339
blackcat54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
I just saw the Forza in the flesh at a dealer on Long Island NY.

First impressions:

Bike is slick, streamlined, and beautifully put together. It is relatively light and easy to straighten off the side stand. My measure of the lightness is measured against the Burg 650 and 400. The Forza is more compact and much less intimidating than either Burgman. I'm 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and their was plenty of knee room and with my feet in a forward position, my legs were bent but comfortable. The most comfortable postion for me in the showroom was with my heels on the flat portion of the foot rest and my toes canted up resting on the angled portion of the footrest. The screen is small, but a larger one and a top box are listed as accessories on the dealer's computer. The seat is heavily sculpted with a built in backrest which allows limited front to back movement of ones rear end. The whole bike is black and red. Most of the black is an eye pleasing matte black except for the handlebars, mounting hardware, and plastic surrounding the bars which are shiny & tacky. The scoot is so slick and smooth, it might be too much for some. As you can see I am nit-picking here. I think that this bike fills a niche for the smallest scoot useful for mixed urban/highway use.

Oh....Forgot to mention that the brake levers are not adjustable.
blackcat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #340
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,238
Has anyone checked to see if the seat back is adjustable, as it was on the Reflex?
That may make quite a difference in the leg room available.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #341
blackcat54
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Has anyone checked to see if the seat back is adjustable, as it was on the Reflex?
That may make quite a difference in the leg room available.
I checked and it did not look adjustable. It looked to be secured from the underside by some visible nuts. I forgot whether it was two or four nuts securing it.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #342
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,238
Wow. Can't believe someone didn't buy a Forza today and do a ride report!
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #343
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
My dealer got these in today and I stopped by for a look. Its not a half bad looking scooter. Looks very much like a PCX on steroids witch it essentially is. For some reason I thought it was just a hair bigger then a PCX but its actually humungous in comparison.

I sat on it and found the leg room to be fine. I am 5'11" with a 31" inseam. I found the seat to be rock hard though. In fact it pinched a sweet spot in my back as I sat on it. I am thinking the seat may break in and actually be fine after a few hundred miles but first time sitting on it I was wishing I had my Reflex seat.

Fit and finish was not bad but it did not seem to meet full Honda standards. Nothing screamed cheap and everything is fits well together but for some reason the quality and workmanship is not what I would expect from Honda. Its still better then many but I was a bit disappointed and I felt my Reflex is better put together. I guess Honda came in at a certain price point with this bike and they had to make some cuts someplace. Especially since the MSRP is pretty close to what my 2001 Reflex sold for. Plus I am sure its well assembled everywhere it counts.

I would like to test ride one but the 2 the dealer got in has not prepped them yet. I have not crossed it off my list but right now its not a high priority. I would like to take some time and follow owner feedback perhaps maybe wait for a few to show up used.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #344
blackcat54
Adventurer

The rear shocks appear to be a weak point.

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...iew/22725.html

Ohlin shocks seem to be popular.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-FORZ...item3f27ad8e84

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5623123&type=1
Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #345
rowdyc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
A guy in my scooter group purchased a Forza earlier this month and has been on the last two Saturday rides. He's over 6ft tall and likes how the scooter fits him. He maybe bias as his previous scooter was a Stella.
He has the ABS version as the DFW dealer had both. He made the purchase site unseen and waited for its arrival.
It looks more like the Reflex. Actually I thought it was a Reflex until our breakfast stop and I got a good look at it. Overall I like it. Great machine. He says he's getting around 70mpg. Not bad for a scooter that can go over 90mph.
rowdyc is offline   Reply With Quote