ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #346
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 240
Great weekend! Thanks everyone. Here's a link to some pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=7b9a7e4367
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #347
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
Anybody riding near Hunter on labor day weekend?
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #348
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 983
Saturday...

I was in the slower section of the "fast" DS ride. My stats:

I forgot I was wearing my Contour Roam2 until we were heading down the rocky hill (although you can't see the incline in the video). Anyway, this was my first time [ever] trying to edit video (what a pain!) and I added music, since all you could hear was wind and some random exhaust notes. (The band won't mind- the bass player from The Brought Low is actually on adv [motoroberto].) Oh, I think the only pavement I included was a few seconds when I got some air.

So if you've got 9.5 minutes of your life to kill, have at it. And, yes, I know the editing sucks- I got really sick of it after a while. And, this thing took over 3 hours to upload to the web, like I'm on dial-up (wtf?)!

From BK.RD.Run.V.5
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #349
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRon View Post
I was in the slower section of the "fast" DS ride.

I forgot I was wearing my Contour Roam2 until we were heading down the rocky hill (although you can't see the incline in the video). Anyway, this was my first time [ever] trying to edit video (what a pain!) .... And, yes, I know the editing sucks-
From BK.RD.Run.V.5
i dont think anyone else had any video going, so having yours is awesome! it is nice to show a few of the sections, so i dont have to try and explain them to others. good job Ron, you totally redeemed yourself!!!

here is a direct link for the video, the non compressed gif version:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11797...12494739338237
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014

Rodknee screwed with this post 08-19-2013 at 04:01 AM
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #350
mikezx10
Happy hooligan!

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
i dont think anyone else had any video going, so having yours is awesome! it is nice to show a few of the sections, so i dont have to try and explain them to others. good job Ron, you totally redeemed yourself!!!

here is a direct link for the video, the non compressed gif version:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11797...12494739338237
Hey I had my GoPro!....OH YEA!!! That's right... I got BOOTED shortly after the ride started due to tire selection...for some reason SOMEBODY thought it was me holding up the group because of my tires!?!?!
I guess Ron had the right idea...don't wait for the bike behind you or u get BOOTED for being courteous!!

Still had a great time meeting all of you people face to face!

Thanks to Loph917 for guiding me in to the campground at night on Fri....Thanks Sallydog for charging my phone for me...Thanks Wreckster for guiding me back to the camp ground after getting BOOTED!!!!!

Hopefully there's next year!
New Plan for 2014:

1) Better meal plan.
2) No waiting for the bike behind you! (keep up or be lost, or BOOTED)
3) Pass whoever u have to be in the first 5 bikes!
4) Hooliganism a must!
5) This is a friendly race not just a ride.

mikezx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #351
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezx10 View Post
Hey I had my GoPro!....OH YEA!!! That's right... I got BOOTED shortly after the ride started due to tire selection...for some reason SOMEBODY thought it was me holding up the group because of my tires!?!?!
I guess Ron had the right idea...don't wait for the bike behind you or u get BOOTED for being courteous!!

Still had a great time meeting all of you people face to face!

Thanks to Loph917 for guiding me in to the campground at night on Fri....Thanks Sallydog for charging my phone for me...Thanks Wreckster for guiding me back to the camp ground after getting BOOTED!!!!!

Hopefully there's next year!
New Plan for 2014:

1) Better meal plan.
2) No waiting for the bike behind you! (keep up or be lost, or BOOTED)
3) Pass whoever u have to be in the first 5 bikes!
4) Hooliganism a must!
5) This is a friendly race not just a ride.

You forgot...

6) Make the fuggin rider's meeting to avoid,,, getting booted!
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #352
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRon View Post
I was in the slower section of the "fast" DS ride. My stats:

I forgot I was wearing my Contour Roam2 until we were heading down the rocky hill (although you can't see the incline in the video). Anyway, this was my first time [ever] trying to edit video (what a pain!) and I added music, since all you could hear was wind and some random exhaust notes. (The band won't mind- the bass player from The Brought Low is actually on adv [motoroberto].) Oh, I think the only pavement I included was a few seconds when I got some air.

So if you've got 9.5 minutes of your life to kill, have at it. And, yes, I know the editing sucks- I got really sick of it after a while. And, this thing took over 3 hours to upload to the web, like I'm on dial-up (wtf?)!

From BK.RD.Run.V.5

Nice video Ron! When you condense the good stuff into 10 minutes, it almost looks like a proper Adventure Ride!

Thanks for putting that together. It was nice meeting you this weekend.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #353
mikezx10
Happy hooligan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
You forgot...

6) Make the fuggin rider's meeting to avoid,,, getting booted!
What riders meeting?!?!?

And BTW did the two riders u lost make that meeting???????
Old 08-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #354
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Awesome video! Unfortunately, I was called into work so couldn't make it. Next year its on my list for sure.

I have a small cabin in Sullivan County in Bethel. Would anybody please care to share there gps track if recorded on the faster ride? Much appreciated, thanks.

Alex
74' Kawasaki G3SS possible vintage race bike.
Soto Moto Adventures
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #355
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezx10 View Post
What riders meeting?!?!?

And BTW did the two riders u lost make that meeting???????

That would be the rider's meeting that everyone but you was at.

As far as the people we lost, you have no clue what you're talking about, so leave it alone.

It was a confusing intersection without a "turn", and an understandable mistake.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #356
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 709
Thanks to Fran to setup this ride...it was awesome to meet all u guys...
Ron i think it was me who slowed down the fast group :)...i was doing it at a pace that was fun for me...Fran pace is always SPIRITED...never got lost though...the group always stopped for us..

but because we were traveling at that pace we could have done 200+ miles....i assume 40% was gravel 20% offroad and then rest 40% pavement....hats off to the fast guys on the big bikes...they were rocking it...

glad that Loph n salleydog found out a way to cook the chicken....i had family over..so i had to cook for them....however i came back later on to see that all the chicken was gone...nothing better than to see people eat ur food and have no complains

i didnt want to push it with my wife and me riding other events...so we took off on sunday...did our late morning breakfast with Piotr n Edyta..my son woke me up at 6:30 and we walked arnd the campground for the next 2 hours....however many points i got from not riding sunday and letting the wife sleep in the morning got cancelled when she found out that i had left the fridge door open over the weekend and she had to throw out all the food. :(
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #357
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
glad that Loph n salleydog found out a way to cook the chicken....i had family over..so i had to cook for them....however i came back later on to see that all the chicken was gone...nothing better than to see people eat ur food and have no complains .
hey!! i held the light for grillmaster loph when it got dark out...
hats off rudy, that was killer chicken! and the pieces were ginormous! not stupid spicy, it was just flat perfect. i tried to find you after to thank you, but you were gone. i didn't want to start poking around tents trying to see where you were, and get a peeping tom accusation... if you could send me the sauce recipe, that would be siiick...

sorry about the fridge, just blame bk.rd. or tell her you were not there for the Fridge meeting...
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #358
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 983
Rudy, your pace was fine by me. We really weren't left behind (too far) until we hit Rt 30 at the end of the day... no big deal. I've never done that much asphalt on this bike... my ass was jealous of Rodney's day-long-ass.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #359
durgeon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Great ride. First time I was able to make it. Took the Super Tenere on Frans ds ride. Well done, great ride. Easy to tell all of the time and hard work he put into it. Nice to meet all you guys. Let's do it again!
durgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #360
mikezx10
Happy hooligan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
Thanks to Fran to setup this ride...it was awesome to meet all u guys...
Ron i think it was me who slowed down the fast group :)...i was doing it at a pace that was fun for me...Fran pace is always SPIRITED...never got lost though...the group always stopped for us..

but because we were traveling at that pace we could have done 200+ miles....i assume 40% was gravel 20% offroad and then rest 40% pavement....hats off to the fast guys on the big bikes...they were rocking it...

glad that Loph n salleydog found out a way to cook the chicken....i had family over..so i had to cook for them....however i came back later on to see that all the chicken was gone...nothing better than to see people eat ur food and have no complains

i didnt want to push it with my wife and me riding other events...so we took off on sunday...did our late morning breakfast with Piotr n Edyta..my son woke me up at 6:30 and we walked arnd the campground for the next 2 hours....however many points i got from not riding sunday and letting the wife sleep in the morning got cancelled when she found out that i had left the fridge door open over the weekend and she had to throw out all the food. :(
Chicken was good... n spicy too! Thanks Rudy!!