ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average. Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #586
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,717
nuthin? really?

well ol'rite.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #587
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
RhinoVonHawkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern Pa
Oddometer: 1,211
Mo's last season ceremony in the Bx - awesome

Metallica playing Sandman - Priceless

Come on Yanks get a wildcard
__________________
FREE Discount Prescriptions http://hta270hs.supremerxsavings.com/
AVO - R.I.P. - "When you don't have goals, you can't fail" - Neil Fallon
"He said, Son, remember where U came From" - LOA
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #588
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
RhinoVonHawkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern Pa
Oddometer: 1,211
Yankees say eat me to Red Sox

Ellsbury the latest pilfer - McCann a few weeks back

Someone is sleeping in Beantown or maybe they watching Brady down the road...
__________________
FREE Discount Prescriptions http://hta270hs.supremerxsavings.com/
AVO - R.I.P. - "When you don't have goals, you can't fail" - Neil Fallon
"He said, Son, remember where U came From" - LOA
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #589
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoVonHawkrider View Post
Yankees say eat me to Red Sox

Ellsbury the latest pilfer - McCann a few weeks back

Someone is sleeping in Beantown or maybe they watching Brady down the road...
You're on crack. The reported contact for ellsbury is horrendous for the Yankees.. Bosox are laffffiiiiinnnggggggg....
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #590
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
You're on crack. The reported contact for ellsbury is horrendous for the Yankees.. Bosox are laffffiiiiinnnggggggg....
I will admit he had an awesome year....but it will be a long term contract with Damon results....

The Sox want him, but not at 20 million. His agent is one of those patient ones who allows the feeding frenzy to build.

I expect the Yank's will get one or two good years and then be wishing they had the money instead.

Fortunately, they have plenty of money.....if it was Cinci, or almost any other team, trying to make a deal like this it would be devastating.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #591
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,973
Always been a fan of Ellsbury (minus the injuries) but it is not a good deal IMO, but not a horrible one. The length of the contract concerns me, more than the money. Granderson wasn't going to be cheap and we freed that money so you can take that off the contract, since every team needs a centerfielder.
My guess is they know they won't get Cano back and wanted an offensive spark to replace him. If we can afford him, McCann and Cano I like our offense.
Not sure if the Sox are making good off season moves though, so that makes me happy. Pierzinski?
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #592
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
RhinoVonHawkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern Pa
Oddometer: 1,211
Don't know much about Ellsbury in terms of his health, but he's been a great OF & hitter for the Sux.

I guess giving a guy 30, that long term deal with that kinda coin is a Big bet.

But the Yankees need pitching & to resign Cano. We'll see what happens
__________________
FREE Discount Prescriptions http://hta270hs.supremerxsavings.com/
AVO - R.I.P. - "When you don't have goals, you can't fail" - Neil Fallon
"He said, Son, remember where U came From" - LOA
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #593
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I will admit he had an awesome year....but it will be a long term contract with Damon results....
he did have an awesome year. in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Always been a fan of Ellsbury (minus the injuries) but it is not a good deal IMO, but not a horrible one. The length of the contract concerns me, more than the money. Granderson wasn't going to be cheap and we freed that money so you can take that off the contract, since every team needs a centerfielder.
My guess is they know they won't get Cano back and wanted an offensive spark to replace him. If we can afford him, McCann and Cano I like our offense.
it's a horrendous deal. they're giving elite player money to a good player, to try and get an elite player for fewer dollars. makes no sense. he's a center fielder that's pretty much exactly like their current center fielder (who will make ~$4M next year), with more stolen bases.

as for offensive spark he's had 2 above average years of ops+ in 7. he did have 32 home runs in 2011, but had 30 total in the other years from '08-13.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #594
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,464
The Red Sox are not too upset...now that the Yanks have opened the bank..."yeah we were at 5 for $100M" sure you were.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #595
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post

it's a horrendous deal. they're giving elite player money to a good player, to try and get an elite player for fewer dollars. makes no sense. he's a center fielder that's pretty much exactly like their current center fielder (who will make ~$4M next year), with more stolen bases.

as for offensive spark he's had 2 above average years of ops+ in 7. he did have 32 home runs in 2011, but had 30 total in the other years from '08-13.
Granderson $4 million?He will be in the mid teens money wise. My guess is the difference between Ellsbury and Granderson will be less than $5million next year. Not chump change but not insane. The problem is the length of contract.
Oh and the short porch in rightfield will help his homerun numbers.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #596
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Granderson $4 million?
gardner (grandy is nothing like either of these players). throw out that crazy outlier year (2011) for ellsbury and they're the same player except for stolen bases. you can expect them both to hit mid 700s ops, get good doubles and triples with single digit home runs, and flash some leather in the outfield.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #597
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 5,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
gardner (grandy is nothing like either of these players). throw out that crazy outlier year (2011) for ellsbury and they're the same player except for stolen bases. you can expect them both to hit mid 700s ops, get good doubles and triples with single digit home runs, and flash some leather in the outfield.
Sorry, I did misread your post....But Ellsbury is more solid than Gardner and you wouls still need to replace Granderson with some spark.
Actually didn't really misread it, Grandy was their centerfielder
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #598
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Sorry, I did misread your post....But Ellsbury is more solid than Gardner and you wouls still need to replace Granderson with some spark.
Actually didn't really misread it, Grandy was their centerfielder
How is ellsbury more solid?

As for grandy, he only played a little in center last year, and wouldn't have played any if he didn't get hurt in spring training. That and he's not coming back.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #599
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,717
another redsuck in pinstripes. This is giving me a migraine.

:puke
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #600
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,464
Hmmmm, we let Cano go, but we give an almost similar, at least annual salary wise to Ellsbury? Granted for less years....but I am confused....a consistent big bat who can play defense, for single digit power that can steal bases?

Other than greener grass theory, I fail to see the logic on this one. At worst he spends his final few years as DH, and probably a darn good one too.

I am liking Cherington's decisions more and more.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014