Old 08-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #3901
Hunter-Douglas
rube

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
It gets lonely being on the road
Can you blame me
I'm looking forward to this the least when I leave next year. Thankfully, living in a the mountains is going a long way towards prepping me for this reality.

The local joke is the twenty or so women in town are like parking spaces: Handicapped or taken

Seems like you're making it work just fine though. Keep on keeping on!!!

-Back to page 175. Going to be interesting when I run out of endless great RR pages to cruise through.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #3902
BroncoBilly
Coming close !!

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
I got up at the crack of noon on Sunday.
My hosts in the Netherlands made me another delicious breakfast and I got on my way......heading north.
Saying good bye for now. But maybe I will see them again on the road somewhere in this world

Was great to have you a couple of days in Aalst (of all places) and you made us dreaming again of another trip around the globe !!
Have fun in Norway and beyond, enjoy the "Preikestolen" and Tromsö university town when coming back from the Lofoten.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #3903
Desert/Mtn/Sea
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Chimay tour

Quote:
The next day, I rode back thru Luxembourg and visited the Diekirch Brewery. The beer was just ok

Your experience & story with the Chimay tour is your best one yet for me. Yes I do believe that you do create your own luck by your willingness to explore & go the extra miles / trails that others don't.

I have a question about this picture where you are sitting. Is that silver motorcycle behind you up on an elevated platform or is that an illusion?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #3904
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,499
Sick again

Maybe I am getting old or maybe I need to take better care of myself but I am sick again.
I was sleeping in my tent one night and I kept having to get up to pee. Just a little bit came out each time but it felt like I had to go really bad.
When it got light outside in the morning, I noticed it was not urine, it was blood. I was peeing blood.
I have never peed blood before and I knew this was not good.
I figured I had a bladder infection.
The night before, I don't think I drank enough water. In fact, I am sure I didn't. I went to a 7-11 here to buy a bottle of water but they wanted almost $4 for a 16 oz bottle of water. That is Norway for you. I couldn't get myself to buy the water. So I went back to my camp and hydrated with a Rockefort 8 beer. I even used it to brush my teeth with it.
Well looking back at it, I wish I would have spent the $4 for the water. I have been peeing every 30 minutes. It hurts really bad to pee. The blood seems to have gone away though. I have a headache, a fever and body aches. Plus I feel very weak. The weather here in Norway has been perfect. If it were raining, I would just find a place to sleep it off but I feel like I need to see the country while the weather is good. But it makes for very difficult riding. And I am really not enjoying it either. I just feel like shit. I have not made much progress either here in Norway. It is a much bigger country than I thought. The riding is slow going here with all the twists and turns. My original plan was to ride to the top of Norway and down thru Finland, but I am rethinking that now.
In fact, because I am sick again, I am rethinking everything.
It is scary to be traveling alone and peeing blood. I don't know anyone here. It seems like I am a million miles away from home......where ever that maybe. But even if I wanted to throw in the towel, I have this motorcycle here in Norway. What am I going to do with that?

Yesterday while traveling and looking at the sites, I stopped and asked people if they were a doctor. Out of sheer luck, I found a nurse. I told her what was going on. She said I need to see a doctor. I also told her that I was carrying some Cipro which is a strong anti-biotic. She said that would be good to take.

Hopefully when I start feeling better, I will be back to enjoying my trip and this amazing scenery here in Norway. But right now, I just want to be with Kathe in Lima or where ever with her.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #3905
Valleyam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
I would say you probably have kidney stones. Had all the same symptoms myself and thats what it turned out to be. Get to a Doctor or a Hospital as it could get worse if you don't get it checked out. Probably caused by not drinking enough Australian wine (from the Barossa Valley)
Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #3906
arctic wildchild
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Maybe I am getting old or maybe I need to take better care of myself but I am sick again.
I was sleeping in my tent one night and I kept having to get up to pee. Just a little bit came out each time but it felt like I had to go really bad.
When it got light outside in the morning, I noticed it was not urine, it was blood. I was peeing blood.
I have never peed blood before and I knew this was not good.
I figured I had a bladder infection.
The night before, I don't think I drank enough water. In fact, I am sure I didn't. I went to a 7-11 here to buy a bottle of water but they wanted almost $4 for a 16 oz bottle of water. That is Norway for you. I couldn't get myself to buy the water. So I went back to my camp and hydrated with a Rockefort 8 beer. I even used it to brush my teeth with it.
Well looking back at it, I wish I would have spent the $4 for the water. I have been peeing every 30 minutes. It hurts really bad to pee. The blood seems to have gone away though. I have a headache, a fever and body aches. Plus I feel very weak. The weather here in Norway has been perfect. If it were raining, I would just find a place to sleep it off but I feel like I need to see the country while the weather is good. But it makes for very difficult riding. And I am really not enjoying it either. I just feel like shit. I have not made much progress either here in Norway. It is a much bigger country than I thought. The riding is slow going here with all the twists and turns. My original plan was to ride to the top of Norway and down thru Finland, but I am rethinking that now.
In fact, because I am sick again, I am rethinking everything.
It is scary to be traveling alone and peeing blood. I don't know anyone here. It seems like I am a million miles away from home......where ever that maybe. But even if I wanted to throw in the towel, I have this motorcycle here in Norway. What am I going to do with that?

Yesterday while traveling and looking at the sites, I stopped and asked people if they were a doctor. Out of sheer luck, I found a nurse. I told her what was going on. She said I need to see a doctor. I also told her that I was carrying some Cipro which is a strong anti-biotic. She said that would be good to take.

Hopefully when I start feeling better, I will be back to enjoying my trip and this amazing scenery here in Norway. But right now, I just want to be with Kathe in Lima or where ever with her.
if you are planning to reach the north of norway fill your wallet as it is probably the most expensive part of europe. on the other hand, the lofoten area is to me one of the most beautfil places on earth, if you ride north, make sure to visit it!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #3907
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleyam View Post
I would say you probably have kidney stones. Had all the same symptoms myself and thats what it turned out to be. Get to a Doctor or a Hospital as it could get worse if you don't get it checked out. Probably caused by not drinking enough Australian wine (from the Barossa Valley)
+1 or could be a prostrate infection which is no fun. With a prostrate infection you have to piss all the time, but when you do nothing wants to come out , and when it does it feels like you're piss'n razor blades. Get help my friend. Antibotics will help too.

Hang in there!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #3908
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 945
Hi Dutchman,

Just finally getting around to reading your excellent trip, and approve greatly your Around the World Wine Tour in 800 days.

But, I can't stop thinking..... Where in the world are you keeping all those wine tasting glasses??? :)

Have fun!

Quote:
My favorite Pinots in BC
Meyer Family

Old 08-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #3909
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 945
Quote:
And BTW, the blue Chimay is only about 1.50 Euro here (about $2)
Holy. Crap. Seriously? It's $12-16 bucks near me! I hate it. The Grand-Reserve is one of my top 3 beers of all time! The special part is, it's the only one that doesn't come off the list depending upon the mood. It's always great.

Too bad shipping would make up the difference if I were to wire you some cash to send me a few crates full. :P
Old 08-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #3910
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
..Hopefully when I start feeling better, I will be back to enjoying my trip and this amazing scenery here in Norway. But right now, I just want to be with Kathe in Lima or where ever with her.
Lalo, come on, snap out of it! :slap: you've gone too far to turn around on the trip of a lifetime, hang in there!

remember that hill in Mexico (or wherever) that you sat down on and were feeling unsure about continuing? well, you never would've met Kathe if you had stopped! it'll pass.......and probably that stone will pass too...

hoping it's not anything serious, get to a Dr and get back on the road. shit man, i gotta live vicariously through somebody!

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #3911
eSTes1300
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Pipe Fitting

QUOTE=flyingdutchman177;22162132]Maybe I am getting old or maybe I need to take better care of myself but I am sick again.
When it got light outside very difficult riding. And I am really not enjoying it either. I just feel like shit. I have not made much progress either here in Norway. It is a much bigger country than I thought. The riding is with Kathe i

Look, pal, you're in the puntang capital of the universe, EUROPE. Start laying pipe, like a plumber. Good training for Africa.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #3912
hosertp
Adnauseam Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Chin up

Lalo,
I have enjoyed following your report daily from the start. I suspect there are many like me who don't post much but still enjoy hearing your successes and your trials.
Get healthy, please, and then grab your boot staps and continue with the vigor that you have shown from the start.
Wishing you all the best . . .
Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #3913
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,662
Sounds like you might need to slow down for a couple of days, you're on vacation right? Surely there's some friendly Norwegians on here, or friends of Norwegians than can help nurse ya back to health.

If you look like this it might help...

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Old 08-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #3914
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
+1 or could be a prostrate infection which is no fun. With a prostrate infection you have to piss all the time, but when you do nothing wants to come out , and when it does it feels like you're piss'n razor blades. Get help my friend. Antibotics will help too.

Hang in there!
I vote for UTI - urinary Tract Infection from all of the hot springs you soak in. It's a bitch. Get a scrip for antibiotics and you will be good to go in a few days. DRINK MORE WATER and when you feel too full, DRINK MORE WATER and so on.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #3915
Pete_Tallahassee
Out Standing Member

Oddometer: 135
Hang tight Lalo.
Closed Thread