Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #61
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
2 visits to the campground by EMS already & it isn't even dark yet. Geez.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #62
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,507
We're here in lot 2. OB tent is about to go up. Come get some!

http://www.roadtofermentation.blogspot.com
Mr. Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #63
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ray View Post
We're here in lot 2. OB tent is about to go up. Come get some!
Mr. Ray does a good job. The Oskar Blues beer is good. I highly recommend stopping by his spot.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #64
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,507
We just got back from the Indy Mile. Holy crap!

http://www.roadtofermentation.blogspot.com
Mr. Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #65
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

We got a little fire going. Stop on by if you're still up. Lot 2 about 1/4 of the way down the last gravel road.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #66
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,132
Any one heading back to Kansas City and points west that wants to avoid the traffic on 70, and would like some company for the ride back, I will be leaving Lebanon In, in the morning going across IN 32 to Crawfordsville then I-74 to I-72, that turns into 36 in MO which is 4 lane Highway all the way across MO to I-35 south to KC .
Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #67
mixedup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Crap!!! Always been paranoid of hitting a deer....

I caged it down, and thankfully so. Forgot how incredibly boring that trip is from Toronto. And dodging tire carcasses wasn't fun in the car (and would have been even less so on the bike!). I did manage to pick up some decent beer while I was down there so that made caging it more worthwhile!

Was wondering why I bothered until those last 6 laps or so...ended up being one of the best (if not the best) race so far this season!

Would have been nice to stop by and meet some of you....next time! Definitely considering next year, despite me being a die-hard fan of Laguna!!!
mixedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #68
EKIN OP
Just Do It

Oddometer: 544
I wish a few more of us could have gotten together at the track, but so much happening it makes this challenging.

Safe trip up from Atlanta Thursday, hit The Dragon which got us into Indi around 7pm on the way up. Off to the track Friday for practice, downtown Friday night to check out all of the bikes. Early to the track Saturday, left after the Harley race, over to the Indi Mile, got a little sleep. Sunday, kick ass day watching the GP! What a weekend.

I appreciate how Indianapolis rolled out the red carpet for GP Fans. The city loves racing and everyone was very friendly and accomodating. I am looking forward to 2014.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #69
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,348
I had a great time at the track, saw some old friends, ate too much junk food.

Missed Saturday morning practice due to a front tire that didn't look that worn when I left home. (Big shout-out to Cycle Outfitters in S. Indy for getting me hooked up with a new Bridgestone front on short notice -- Prices as low as online and great service)

yooperbikemike screwed with this post 08-21-2013 at 11:46 AM
yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #70
okiegtrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
I know Indy is already ancient history, but want to share this little story before this thread is completely left for dead.

I worked on the volunteer pitlane staff. I was lucky enough to draw an assignment in the starters stand. It was pretty comical moment up in that stand when the lights would not work before the Moto3 race. The guy from FIM who starts the races came up there, we were already in the 5 minute countdown to race start. He begins to fiddle with the switches to control the red lights. Suddenly we both realize the lights don't work at all.

A few frantic radio calls to race control and the next thing I know, that little tower is full of people! Bigwig from FIM, one of the big wheels from Dorna, a guy from IMS, two technicians from Dorna crawl up there and begin tearing into the switch panel. While a contingent from IRTA were on the grid wringing hands and looking hopefully at the tower for some sign of success. The guy about to fall out of the tower displaying a, "delayed start" sign was me.

After a short delay, they got the lights going and the Moto3 race started a few minutes late. As quickly as they had all showed up in the tower, there were all gone again. Once the race was underway, I had the perch all to myself. It was a really cool spot to watch the races and all the pitlane action. It was even shaded.

It was an awesome Indy GP weekend, renewed some old friendships met a couple inmates and made some new friends, enjoyed the races, and rode my bike a lot to and from Indy. Best week I've had in a while!
okiegtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #71
EKIN OP
Just Do It

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiegtrider View Post
I know Indy is already ancient history, but want to share this little story before this thread is completely left for dead.

I worked on the volunteer pitlane staff. I was lucky enough to draw an assignment in the starters stand. It was pretty comical moment up in that stand when the lights would not work before the Moto3 race. The guy from FIM who starts the races came up there, we were already in the 5 minute countdown to race start. He begins to fiddle with the switches to control the red lights. Suddenly we both realize the lights don't work at all.

A few frantic radio calls to race control and the next thing I know, that little tower is full of people! Bigwig from FIM, one of the big wheels from Dorna, a guy from IMS, two technicians from Dorna crawl up there and begin tearing into the switch panel. While a contingent from IRTA were on the grid wringing hands and looking hopefully at the tower for some sign of success. The guy about to fall out of the tower displaying a, "delayed start" sign was me.

After a short delay, they got the lights going and the Moto3 race started a few minutes late. As quickly as they had all showed up in the tower, there were all gone again. Once the race was underway, I had the perch all to myself. It was a really cool spot to watch the races and all the pitlane action. It was even shaded.

It was an awesome Indy GP weekend, renewed some old friendships met a couple inmates and made some new friends, enjoyed the races, and rode my bike a lot to and from Indy. Best week I've had in a while!
These events are normally very much let's say,"On Time". I was on the back stretch when the delay was announced, nothing like being in the middle of the action.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #72
Valker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Regarding the "lap" of the track. I was right behind the "follow me" guy on my ST. I hit over 80 mph on parts of the track staying with him. This was about 6:15.
My daughter didn't get to come with me so I sold her tickets about 6:45. The guy didn't want her lap ticket so I went back at 7:43 just as they were about to close. It was the guy and me alone on the track. He was game and I saw 100 mph on that lap!! Laughed in my helmet like Jeremy Clarkson the whole time.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #73
car94
What's this Box for?

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Regarding the "lap" of the track. I was right behind the "follow me" guy on my ST. I hit over 80 mph on parts of the track staying with him. This was about 6:15.
My daughter didn't get to come with me so I sold her tickets about 6:45. The guy didn't want her lap ticket so I went back at 7:43 just as they were about to close. It was the guy and me alone on the track. He was game and I saw 100 mph on that lap!! Laughed in my helmet like Jeremy Clarkson the whole time.
Wish I had waited, I was on track at about 5:45, got it over Hundred on the front stretch and pulled the front end up over the Yard of Bricks but had to whoa it down before turn 1 and the Follow up ride marshall yelled at me to slow down. Oh well it was fun to ride the track even if most of it was at about 35mph.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #74
Valker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
I saw a photographer taking pictures of everybody going by the brick part. Does anyone know how to look for and buy those pics? I've looked a LOT and find nothing. I called the track, and it was no help.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #75
car94
What's this Box for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
I saw a photographer taking pictures of everybody going by the brick part. Does anyone know how to look for and buy those pics? I've looked a LOT and find nothing. I called the track, and it was no help.
I have been looking also, saw some fan pics from last year on the IMS site but no way to get a hold of the people that work for the Speedway who take pictures. There was some one here that was a Photographer there and posted some pics. But I cant find them right now. I'll keep looking and post up here if I find anything.