ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
cammok5 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
nj- atsion lake to lbi?

has anyone ridden from atsion lake area out to long beach island? I want t o stay on dirt as much as possible.I was looking for info on about how long it should take and miles so I can figure out gas. I know I went from atco out to lacey rd and the parkway one time in a truck but followed a group, gas wasn't an issue w/ a truck and as for time we went a lot slower the I can on a bike so im not sure. if you have a gps route that would be great too.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
cammok5 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I just found that if you use google maps and set it to walking or biking it will give you 2 different routes and they use the roads in the state forest. well at least it did for my trip.
I should make it there with very little pavment all the way until I get to 72 and the parkway.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
RacerXS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
You can definitely do it, just have to cross a few roads.
Map it out on your computer, and save the route....otherwise you will get lost, not necessarily a bad thing.
OCCR
--------------------------------
RacerXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammok5 View Post
I just found that if you use google maps and set it to walking or biking it will give you 2 different routes and they use the roads in the state forest. well at least it did for my trip.
I should make it there with very little pavment all the way until I get to 72 and the parkway.
Watch your routing on the hiking/biking setting. It may route you on trails that are off limits to motorized vehicles. Last thing we need is the geenies and/or rangers getting even more torqued up over motorized access. Also keep in mind the amount of rain we have been getting, some areas may be impassable. Getting 10 miles into a trail and having to turn around may put your fuel calculation off.
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
hurielg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammok5 View Post
Any update on which route you ended up taking?? I'm interested in taking a similar route to the beach.
hurielg is offline   Reply With Quote