Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
Chuck35 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Research and connectivity

I am trying to decide which GPS to buy.

Currently use Nolan N-Com BT helmet, and a cheapo BT dongle to Transmit from my XM unit.

GPS must be waterproof, allow routes to be imported and be visible in daylight. Voice guidance is very desirable also.
I want XM with weather and traffic supported. (I have a gxm30)
It would be nice to manage phone calls with the GPS. I am willing to add a Sena SM10 in order to do this over BT. I realize that with any but the 600 series I'll have to use a dongle for BT stereo.

Current research has the Garmin Zumo 550 in the lead followed by the StreetPilot 2820.

A big unknown is if the phone audio and mic will work from N-com -(bt)- Sena SM10 -(cable)- GPS -(bt)- Phone. If this will not work, BT in the GPS is of little value to me and other models may be acceptable, (ie 2730)

If anyone has a similar configuration, please advise of your results.
TIA for any advise,
Old 08-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
magnells
?

Oddometer: 414
I have The Nolan BT connected to the Zumo 550 via Bluetooth. It works and the 550 supports pass-thru to your BT phone. Phone calls show up on the Zumo screen and you can answer by touch. You can also access your phones contact list and dial from the screen. Supposedly voice dial also works, but I don't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck35 View Post
I am trying to decide which GPS to buy.

Currently use Nolan N-Com BT helmet, and a cheapo BT dongle to Transmit from my XM unit.

GPS must be waterproof, allow routes to be imported and be visible in daylight. Voice guidance is very desirable also.
I want XM with weather and traffic supported. (I have a gxm30)
It would be nice to manage phone calls with the GPS. I am willing to add a Sena SM10 in order to do this over BT. I realize that with any but the 600 series I'll have to use a dongle for BT stereo.

Current research has the Garmin Zumo 550 in the lead followed by the StreetPilot 2820.

A big unknown is if the phone audio and mic will work from N-com -(bt)- Sena SM10 -(cable)- GPS -(bt)- Phone. If this will not work, BT in the GPS is of little value to me and other models may be acceptable, (ie 2730)

If anyone has a similar configuration, please advise of your results.
TIA for any advise,
magnells is offline   Reply With Quote