Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #4171
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by garet55947 View Post
Looking at an 06 FE 650 with 2700 miles. Is this bike known for a lot of engine noise, like moving parts inside thin wall engine cases? Any worries if maint has been kept up to date? Cam chain replaced, valves adjusted and ol changed every three tanks of gas. Oh yeah, $4600 with lots of mods. Advice please, this is an offbeat ride. Thanks.
This thread is dedicated to the 70 degree slanted fe390/450/570s from 09-12.

I think you will have more luck finding some info over on the unofficial Husaberg site.

Good luck!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #4172
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Can anyone help me identify this connector (two wires - green/yellow and black/green):

Which has this little plug installed:

This is in front of the throttle body, under the tank. I've never noticed it before.

BogeyMan screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 09:44 PM
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #4173
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Arrgghhh....seen it but can't remember what it is!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #4174
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Oh dear... So I've finally gotten around to putting on my warranty replacement 70 degree racing under seat tank. With that mostly done I was checking over the wiring and found this little problem connect. The wire wasn't secured and was barely making a connection. Rather in the garage than on the trial, eh?
Any suggestions on how to repair these type of connectors? How do I get the pins out on order to reconnect/crimp or re-solder?

This post sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

BogeyMan screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 09:44 PM
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #4175
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
The connector will have a locking mechanism that will have to be released. You maybe able to get it out w a very fine jewelers screw driver or a very fine pointed pick. They make tools for pin removal, you may find one @ a auto parts store. Strip back a little until you have undamaged strands of wire , you will need to carefully fold back the connector clamps just enogh to get the damaged wire out . Use heat from soldering iron to get all the old wire & solder off. Put your new wire in the connector , fold the clamps back down & resolder . Dont leave any blobs on the connector or it will not go back in the terminal properly.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #4176
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Oddometer: 595
Oil leak

Anybody ever develop a leak/weep out of the top side of their alternator cover? I got one that is just enough to be annoying.....

If so, What was it? The wire "rubbers"? How did you fix it?

Mine's a 2010 450 by the way...

http://members.shaw.ca/fourup
http://vimeo.com/jollyrogerranch
atk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #4177
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,715
Stupid question that I am sorry to ask, I have read through 10 pages or so and haven't come across it yet. I may have a trade going for a 2010 FX450 as partial trade for my SMT. The bike currently has 140 hours and has yet to be apart. The owner seems to be straight up and does all his own maintenance using Moterex etc.

How many hours are you guys seeing without an overhaul? I was kind of thinking at 140 hours it should be due for at least rings?

I am guessing it's impossible to say without a leak down test but I was just looking for some input with those with higher hours/mileage.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #4178
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Stupid question that I am sorry to ask, I have read through 10 pages or so and haven't come across it yet. I may have a trade going for a 2010 FX450 as partial trade for my SMT. The bike currently has 140 hours and has yet to be apart. The owner seems to be straight up and does all his own maintenance using Moterex etc.

How many hours are you guys seeing without an overhaul? I was kind of thinking at 140 hours it should be due for at least rings?

I am guessing it's impossible to say without a leak down test but I was just looking for some input with those with higher hours/mileage.
not sure how many hours are on my 09 450FE but I have no plans to do an overhaul....ever really. engine should be good for 10,000+ miles with general maintenance if not a whole lot more.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #4179
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,143
Joe - I bought a 2010 FX450 w/ 80 hrs. last fall. It's got 155 hrs. on it now. The PO did some enduros, harescrambles, and eventually put a Sicass light kit on it and used it as a dualsport. I've put some bags (Wolfman E-12), Seat Concepts foam and cover, heated grips, a better light bulb (H4), a Kush rear sprocket and a few more things on it. I use it just as a dualsport and it is very nice at that. It ran perfect when I bought it and runs perfect now. I have been changing the oil and filter every 25 hrs. I haven't adjusted the valves or done any other engine work. The idea that it needs any kind of rebuild never crossed my mind - because it doesn't. I don't know when that time will come, but it's a long way off. If the one you are looking at runs nice now and has been maintained well then it's just now broken in and should give many more trouble free miles*

*Judging from my statistical sample of 1.

Best bike I've ever owned.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #4180
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
the vast majority of owners are getting a lot of miles without rebuilds or even valves moving. i emailed the guy in spain who runs a hire fleet of 70 degree bergs and he did the rings on all his bergs at 15,000km but said there was no need, the engines were all in perfect nick. and his personal FE390 has done 45,000km without any engine work at all. god knows how many hours that would be. more in the threads below...

http://husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic....140222#p140222
http://husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic....144169#p144169

probably the major things to look out for are earlier models could have dodgy fuel pumps, see if it's been replaced. fuel filter mesh was too fine on earlier models and could clog easily. countershaft sprockets can wear prematurely but if it's only ever been ridden offroad then probably nothing to worry about. a detailed list of known issues is here.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #4181
Joe
Debaser

Oddometer: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
not sure how many hours are on my 09 450FE but I have no plans to do an overhaul....ever really. engine should be good for 10,000+ miles with general maintenance if not a whole lot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Joe - I bought a 2010 FX450 w/ 80 hrs. last fall. It's got 155 hrs. on it now. The PO did some enduros, harescrambles, and eventually put a Sicass light kit on it and used it as a dualsport. I've put some bags (Wolfman E-12), Seat Concepts foam and cover, heated grips, a better light bulb (H4), a Kush rear sprocket and a few more things on it. I use it just as a dualsport and it is very nice at that. It ran perfect when I bought it and runs perfect now. I have been changing the oil and filter every 25 hrs. I haven't adjusted the valves or done any other engine work. The idea that it needs any kind of rebuild never crossed my mind - because it doesn't. I don't know when that time will come, but it's a long way off. If the one you are looking at runs nice now and has been maintained well then it's just now broken in and should give many more trouble free miles*

*Judging from my statistical sample of 1.

Best bike I've ever owned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
the vast majority of owners are getting a lot of miles without rebuilds or even valves moving. i emailed the guy in spain who runs a hire fleet of 70 degree bergs and he did the rings on all his bergs at 15,000km but said there was no need, the engines were all in perfect nick. and his personal FE390 has done 45,000km without any engine work at all. god knows how many hours that would be. more in the threads below...

http://husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic....140222#p140222
http://husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic....144169#p144169

probably the major things to look out for are earlier models could have dodgy fuel pumps, see if it's been replaced. fuel filter mesh was too fine on earlier models and could clog easily. countershaft sprockets can wear prematurely but if it's only ever been ridden offroad then probably nothing to worry about. a detailed list of known issues is here.

Good news and thanks for taking the time. Looks like I may have a companion for my 530. My wifes not going to be happy but such is life.

Joe

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #4182
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,143
Some additional thoughts on the FX450.

Comes w/ the "competition" map - no need for remapping.

No EPA stuff. The left rear side panel is not full of stuff to remove/block off and because the side panel is different a tool tube/fuel bottle holder will fit behind the panel.

No thermostat to fool with or change. Mine has never overheated (has ceramic coated pipes, FMF can, engine ice coolant and NO fan).

Be aware that the FX has a close ratio gearbox. Mine is geared 13/50 and will go 80 + easy and cruise at 70. First gear is a little high for tight/slow trails w/o slipping the clutch. Once above a crawl, ripping/blipping up and down through the c/r box is bliss.

Did I mention that I really like the bike?
Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #4183
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,352
Replaced my fuel pump today.
I was wondering did I have the problematic pump?
2011 390fe

Ca-cycle pump on top oem on bottom

also, what's the trick to getting the tank back on correctly?
Been wrestling with the airbox seal

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #4184
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
I found that some lubricant like Silcone spray really helps the air box boot slide back into place.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #4185
Hank.SD
Jet Measurer

Oddometer: 1,271
What was the last year for the 70 degree motor? Why did they drop this configuration?
Hank.SD is offline   Reply With Quote