ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #31
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
Yes but in WA it is a point and is still a moving violation so you fight it and get it removed or take the point on your record

Same in CA, 1 mph is the same as 15 mph over.

Asshole on a 'busa passes me at 100 mph every damn day, I just know I'm gonna get caught up in his bullshit one of these days...he can't seem to figure out what the middle finger is for 5 days a week.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #32
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
If you fight it yourself put in a discovery request with the court asking for any notes or anything else related to your case that the officer has.

Sometimes there is more useful info that was not put on the ticket.
This is good advice. Usually the officer/trooper has written something on the back and in your case it may be something like "estimated speed" or "appeared to be keeping up with vehicle in front." That sort of non-specific information could be your way out of this.

If you hire an attorney, don't let them settle for a deferment (pay a fine and get no ticket for a year which keeps the current one off the record; get another ticket and suddently you have two). You can do that yourself.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #33
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,410
My buddy and I were riding out to a FS road earlier today and on our way out of town along a double yellow two lane road this fatass hippo on a GSXR or some other crotch rocket zips past us doing at last 45mph+ in a 35 zome and darts back into our lane. One car passes in the oncoming traffic and the second vehicle was a staff sergeant PD in an SUV. Either his face was being stuffed with donuts, he was looking at his computer or maybe.he just didn't give two shits. But I know damn well if it was me doing that in town I would of gotten a ticket. At least.
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #34
flienlow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Lots of advice here.

But....

If you go to court and represent yourself more than likely you will have a fool for a client.

Simply go deferred prosecution, or if you cannot or don't want too; contact Denes and Denes in Everett. They are very good and very reasonable. (I think $175 for a ticket.)

Both of the brothers in the Law firm have represented me in traffic and with other issues to my satisfaction. Plus they are track riders and huge road race fans!

http://www.denesndenes.com/attila.htm

Whatever you do. DONT BE A LAYDOWN and just pay the ticket!
flienlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #35
redbastard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
get a lawyer

I defended myself in a similar BS ticket at traffic court. Cop fabricated a story, judge said "who am I going to believe, this law enforcement officer (who was lying) or you, some punk kid". Fine was tripled, drivers license was suspended for three months.
Get a lawyer

I should clarify this was up in Canada, but my lack of faith in the "justice" system followed me to America. Luckily my driving record, and credit history did not

redbastard screwed with this post 08-26-2013 at 08:54 PM
redbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #36
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
So coming home today from work I was coming south on 9 got passed by some tweeker right as a state patrol was coming over the hill so he pulls her over and as hes pulling her over he waves me over really? WTF? Gets her info comes back and tells me I was keeping pace with her and was speeding ummmm

I told him the lady just passed me he was like well you were right behind her so you were keeping pace aaah no.

I didnt argue he comse back says ok heres the deal I only wrote you for 5 over G thanks..... See you in court asshole

Verrrry interesting, in that I was also heading south on 9 on Saturday on a Uly....maybe he thought you were me.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #37
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbastard View Post
I defended myself in a similar BS ticket at traffic court. Cop fabricated a story, judge said "who am I going to believe, this law enforcement officer (who was lying) or you, some punk kid". Fine was tripled, drivers license was suspended for three months.
Get a lawyer
DAM!!!!

Kind of what im afraid of all comes down to your word vs theirs
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #38
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
If you go to court, don't just tell the judge your side of the story. You have to cross-examine the cop and get him to admit to what he said to you during the stop. That's the key. Otherwise he can just change his story and it's game over. Cops are trained to lie to get convictions.

Rob
Quote:
Get a lawyer
That's exactly why the iPhone video recorder will be turned on any time I get pulled. If not good video it will at least get audio. All this if I don't have the bullet cam on the helmet.

Let the cop lie then.

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #39
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post
That's exactly why the iPhone video recorder will be turned on any time I get pulled. If not good video it will at least get audio. All this if I don't have the bullet cam on the helmet.

Let the cop lie then.

Im in the same boat. Im yet to get pulled over on my bike but that's one of the main reasons I want a GoPro. For piglet interactions when it happens
Old 08-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #40
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrider-boyd View Post
Moving here from NJ were everyone speeds all the time, it took me a while to figure out I had to drive like a granny ALL the time unless I wanted to get popped.
I did a lot of driving through Jersey in my younger years. Passed an oncoming cop at the top of a hill, and he turned around and nailed me. I think I was around 15 over. $435. I laugh at the fines for speeding here in the PNW.
One of the itemized fees on some of the tickets in I got in my home state of PA was to contribute to the "Officer's Ball." So we could help pay for their night of getting loaded and driving home drunk. Legally.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Get a lawyer
wow.. bummer man.

I got pulled over for 12mph over with no working tail lights and expired tabs in the dark and no moto endorsement (rode for years without one...)

went and got my endorsement the next monday, told the judge very politely my story and they dropped it.
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #42
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob

Oddometer: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfman View Post

Let the cop lie then.
FYI. A gopro mounted on your helmet is not legal as it is not part of the helmet. There is a RCW but I don't know the number off hand.

Secondly good luck using a recording or a traffic stop in court. If you do make sure you get one of those warning stickers like in a metro bus stating audio and video ate bring recorded. Audio recording need a warrant or consent.

Typos and nonsensical words courtesy of fat fingers on a make believe keyboard.

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #43
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
My buddy and I were riding out to a FS road earlier today and on our way out of town along a double yellow two lane road this fatass hippo on a GSXR or some other crotch rocket zips past us doing at last 45mph+ in a 35 zome and darts back into our lane. One car passes in the oncoming traffic and the second vehicle was a staff sergeant PD in an SUV. Either his face was being stuffed with donuts, he was looking at his computer or maybe.he just didn't give two shits. But I know damn well if it was me doing that in town I would of gotten a ticket. At least.
lol what is a "crotch rocket" and 45mph in a 35 zone is outlandish?

What do you ride? Were you going a reasonable 20mph in the 35 zone?

Around here, speeding tickets are the main money maker for the town. hundreds of cop cars, nearly 20,000 speeding tickets a year in a town with a population of 5000. Nah its is for our safety not for the millions they rake in from the residents and the potential tourists they chase away.

I just ride a few miles out of the county and go as fast as I want with almost no traffic and no cops to be seen anywhere.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #44
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
lol what is a "crotch rocket" and 45mph in a 35 zone is outlandish?

What do you ride? Were you going a reasonable 20mph in the 35 zone?

Around here, speeding tickets are the main money maker for the town. hundreds of cop cars, nearly 20,000 speeding tickets a year in a town with a population of 5000. Nah its is for our safety not for the millions they rake in from the residents and the potential tourists they chase away.

I just ride a few miles out of the county and go as fast as I want with almost no traffic and no cops to be seen anywhere.
A crotch rocket is another name for a sport bike.

And no, we were pushing the speed limit as is. I said AT LEAST 45, he was probably doing a lot more than that.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #45
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Hired a lawyer today was told from everyone that used him he will make it just go away. Guess ill have to wait and see
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote