Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #1096
blk-betty OP
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
Unless you are the person in the photo why the fuck do you care what someone posts?
Touche......and unless you're the one that gets busted up in a bike wreck why the fuck do you care what someone else wears?

And this is not directed specifically at you MotoTex, you just provided the segway.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #1097
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Touche......and unless you're the one the gets busted up in a bike wreck why the fuck do you care what someone else wears?
I don't care. You asked the question, remember. The rest of the interwebz are responding to your query.

Maybe you can show me where I have indicated that you should be wearing any particular thing?

I share what I know. If that information is of use to you then you may choose to incorporate it into your strategy for survival on a motorcycle. Or not.

Thanks for the segue.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 09:25 PM
MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #1098
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Quote:
How come the LEOs ride exposed, no jacket, no gloves, no FF helmet...
Probably because their dress code is as old as the technology that one is riding.

Maybe because they have found it best to dress this way in order to easily perform their duties which are off the bike.

Fact is, Motoport makes protective gear for cops that meets their requirements and provides a high level of protection.

Bottom line, they dress that way because they choose to. If they want it different they can probably get the dress code updated.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #1099
blk-betty OP
bam-a-lam

Quote:
I don't care. You asked the question, remember. The rest of the interwebz are responding to your query.

Maybe you can show me where I have indicated that you should be wearing any particular thing?

I share what I know. If that information is of use to you then you may choose to incorporate it into your strategy for survival on a motorcycle. Or not.

Thanks.

I think I've been consistent and clear on what I choose to wear.....one of several varieties of helmets, eye protection, long pants with or without armor, gloves at least 50% of the time, above the ankle boots, and and one of several jackets with or without armor at least 75% of the time.

Yes sometimes I'm in short sleeves and no gloves. I know and assume the risks.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #1100
blk-betty OP
bam-a-lam

Quote:
Probably because their dress code is as old as the technology that one is riding.

Maybe because they have found it best to dress this way in order to easily perform their duties which are off the bike.

Fact is, Motoport makes protective gear for cops that meets their requirements and provides a high level of protection.

Bottom line, they dress that way because they choose to. If they want it different they can probably get the dress code updated.
Well you had to bring up the technology thing.

You were starting to win me over but then just as in the past, you ATGATT guys, show your true colors.

Your bottom line statement says it all....they choose to ride that way and there aren't enough of them that feel differently to update the dress code nor have the bean counter lawyers in all levels of government(s) determind that riding without full gear is enough of a liability to change the uniform.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #1101
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
SOTGATT or ATTSOTT for me

I can't stand to ride without gloves, so I,m "Some of the gear,all of the time". I prefer boots too. On some occasions I put on my jacket, helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads also then I'm "All the gear, some of the time. Like 99% of you on hear, it's too late for me to claim ATGATT (I put the hear in for you really smart editing types, and you can't make me correct it ) Not sure what ATGATT has to do with it but I have noticed that I ride faster when my bike is running really well. I don't worry about what you wear, suit yourself.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #1102
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,669
So, troll from the start huh?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #1103
blk-betty OP
bam-a-lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWrench View Post
I can't stand to ride without gloves, so I,m "Some of the gear,all of the time". I prefer boots too. On some occasions I put on my jacket, helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads also then I'm "All the gear, some of the time. Like 99% of you on hear, it's too late for me to claim ATGATT (I put the hear in for you really smart editing types, and you can't make me correct it ) Not sure what ATGATT has to do with it but I have noticed that I ride faster when my bike is running really well. I don't worry about what you wear, suit yourself.
Hey BigWrench, wish I could have met up with you on those rides this past weekend!

Keep me posted on upcoming rides....I'll be tied up every Saturday that Clemson has a home game from now until the end of November.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #1104
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Quote:
Well you had to bring up the technology thing.

You were starting to win me over but then just as in the past, you ATGATT guys, show your true colors.

Your bottom line statement says it all....they choose to ride that way and there aren't enough of them that feel differently to update the dress code nor have the bean counter lawyers in all levels of government(s) determind that riding without full gear is enough of a liability to change the uniform.
You read a lot between the lines that was never written.

I'm just one guy. And, by your definition I don't even qualify as an ATGATT guy.

I'm just saying that the technology for the V-Twin he is riding originated several decades ago, and back then that was the dress code for motor cops. Look at photos from back in the day and you might notice the similarities.

Most moto-cops I have met must purchase their own bikes and are given a monthly allowance for gear and maintenance. How they spend it is usually left to the officer's discretion.

Nothing was mentioned about bean-counters and government agents, nor black helicopters, flying pigs, or Bullwinkle the Moose.

MotoTex screwed with this post 08-28-2013 at 09:49 PM
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #1105
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,325
Quote:

For fucks sake. If your that worried about it the real "Fail" is riding a motorcycle in the first place.

>
And, that's like reading the Onion as your news source.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #1106
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical C View Post
Do you guys also wear helmets and fire suits in your cars? If not why not? It could make a difference in a crash. You never know when a deer could jump out in front of you and you roll your car and then you are knocked unconscious with your car burning because you weren't wearing a helmet?

Can't be too careful....

s
Dumbest. Argument. Ever.

You honestly think taking a deer to the handelbars/forks/face..is the same as takin one in the grill of a car..?

FF's..
VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #1107
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
Dumbest. Argument. Ever.

You honestly think taking a deer to the handelbars/forks/face..is the same as takin one in the grill of a car..?

FF's..
You can never be too careful.... What if it makes a difference in getting hurt or not?
Vertical C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #1108
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,325
Quote:
You can never be too careful.... What if it makes a difference in getting hurt or not?
No one, not a single person, anywhere, thinks they can't get hurt while ATGATT.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #1109
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
No one, not a single person, anywhere, thinks they can't get hurt while ATGATT.
That is not the point at all, how can someone be so concerned that you might hit a deer or an oil patch going 30kmh the 4 blocks up to the shops that you can't be without atgatt but won't wear a helmet to protect themselves against the possibility getting head injuries from your airbag in a car?

You can say that you might hit a deer on the way to a shop so you need to protect against that but the same applies for the helmet in the car.

I am just pointing out the absurdity of the atgatt argument.
Vertical C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #1110
John E
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
No actually you're not...

Quote:
That is not the point at all, how can someone be so concerned that you might hit a deer or an oil patch going 30kmh the 4 blocks up to the shops that you can't be without atgatt but won't wear a helmet to protect themselves against the possibility getting head injuries from your airbag in a car?

You can say that you might hit a deer on the way to a shop so you need to protect against that but the same applies for the helmet in the car.

I am just pointing out the absurdity of the atgatt argument.
You're just being absurd. I'm curious, have you ever taken a class in logic? If so, did you pass?

Don't get me wrong, your arguments are funny, you're even mildly entertaining, you're just not very honest or logical.

This is the Sea
The Waterboys/Mike Scott
John E is offline   Reply With Quote