Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #16
Grinnin
Forever N00b

Oddometer: 2,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMoto View Post
My 4 year old Darien pants have never leaked either but in temps above 85 they get uncomfortable.

The AD-1s fit a little lower around the waist than the Dariens and the legs are a little trimmer and have a "bend" at the knees. The Darien pants are straight cut and a little baggier.
My original Darien pants have a distinct bend at the knee. (I'd say regular Dariens, but they are 32 long which is 32x32.)

I'd also say the the Dariens are fine up to 90F but my main solutions to heat are: 1) move to Maine, 2) ride north from there. In the past in the summer in the midwest, I have tried to vent some with the side zip. I didn't get it to work well.

Grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
Buck760 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Aerostich has a road show in SD this week, and they had the Utility pants on the rack. They seemed much lighter than regular Darien's (probably due to lack of leg zippers), and, as stated, the fit has a lower waist, much like jeans. I liked them. I have owned Darien's and a two-piece Roadcrafter in the past, and didn't care for the full-length leg zippers when on the bike.
Buck760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #18
Nnordsman
Nnordsman

Oddometer: 294
If you anyone buys a pair please post-up some good pictures. I am thinking about buying a pair for summer commuting. I have a pair of Darien pants I have worn for a couple years and they have been awesome. They never once wet through in 3 weeks 500 mile per day rain. However, they are starting to show the results of being ridden hard and have relegated to off-road gear.

As was said on the preceding page, the sizing is goofy. My 36L fits like I am wearing a pair of my wife's capri pants and I only have a 33 inseam. They should be at least 2-3 inches longer in the leg. Most brands in this size are a 34-35 length which is perfect with your knees bent sitting on the bike. My Dad is about the same height and purchased a pair of 36R and the "flood" effect is that much worse.
Nnordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
I wouldn't be using the Utility pants as an over pant, as they don't have any side zippers. I've tried a size 32 long transit pants and the waist measured 34" but the inseam was more like a 32". When I say I'm a 32-33, that is my actual measurement, not jean size.
Those are made in Vietnam and are sized a little differently than the other offerings by Aerostich.

Why not just order a set and see how it fits, if it doesn't you could always send it back.

A friend of mine is your size...with a 46" chest. He's like Mr. Incredible. anyway, a pair of Darien lights in size 32L fit him. He might have been able to get away with a 30L, he got his used.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
Buck760 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Those are made in Vietnam and are sized a little differently than the other offerings by Aerostich..
I could be mistaken, but it looks to me (RWH web site) like the Utility pants are made in Duluth, and the AD1's are made offshore. May be easier to customize?
Buck760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #21
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck760 View Post
I could be mistaken, but it looks to me (RWH web site) like the Utility pants are made in Duluth, and the AD1's are made offshore. May be easier to customize?
I was referring to the transit pants.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote