Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2004, 01:53 PM   #31
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboett
Hi,
It appears that some Arai dealers have access to some xd's that are being closed out. I ordered a silver storm through Steve at Supersports and Ski in Ft. Myers. I have a feeling Arai is closing out the '04 storm graphics or something. Somebody else got two red xds in yesterday.
I'm stopping by Supersports after work today to pick it up.
Steve at SS XD's are "Not in stock".
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:35 AM   #32
rboett
posser noob 205

Oddometer: 1,643
xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Steve at SS XD's are "Not in stock".
I know that, I ordered it last week. While I was there he called some one that located one in IL and a couple in CA. Took about 4 days.
He is basically a one man shop with maybe one other guy for repairs, a small bay for repairs, looks like he works his ass off, open till 7PM every night.

Cheers!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #33
rboett
posser noob 205

Oddometer: 1,643
the rest of the story

I picked up my xd, an xxl. The head part fits great, but I had constriction in my cheek area. Not suprising, since I had the same thing with my 97 Arai DS and I do have massive cheeks. They do make different size pads, so I could probably order the next size down ( 12mm versus 15mm). Instead I did a 'cheek-pad-ectomy' by removing them from the helmet (EZ to do) , taking off the outside fabic covers (also EZ, they are designed to come off) and removed one layer of foam. They were glued together pretty good, but I was able to trim it down with a good pair of sizzors, and reassembled. I''m glad to say that my helmet fits like a glove!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #34
deepcdiver
Nobody Special

Oddometer: 778
I picked my white Quantum f from Helmet City in Oakland,Ca.... they have a website and will ship...$250
deepcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #35
LoneStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
I followed this advice. Steve hooked me up with no hassle. I give a strong endorsement.

I could not find another Arai dealer that would mail-order the helmets. Arai's policy forbids this. Also, the best discount I could find from other dealers was about 20% off list price. Steve's price was another $100 cheaper than that - $375 for the Storm-graphics helmets, plus a few bucks for shipping.

The second best interaction I had with a dealer came from my call to The Service Pavillion, mentioned earlier in this thread. They would not sell me the helmets over the phone, but they have a road show that hits major metro areas periodically. They offer a fitting service in which they exchange the cheek pads to get the right fit. But, their best price was higher than Steve's by more than the cost of a replacement cheek pad. Still, they seemed honest and professional.

YMMV, Cap

I'll bump this one up from the dead.

Just bought an XD4 from Steve for $100 below MSRP, this is the third Arai I've bought from him in 10+ years. Best deal going...
LoneStrom is offline   Reply With Quote