User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
yorkieterrier OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Vented summer trousers

I currently wear a pair of Stadler goretex lined trousers when I am out riding on the bike, and find them to be a superb pair of trousers.

I would definately recommend Stadler products to anybody.

However.

In the heat of the summer months I find them to be exceptionally warm even with the linings all removed.

Part of the problem could be I find my Tiger 800 throws off a massive amount of heat from the engine onto my legs.

Next summer I am going to be riding round Spain and Portugal and expecting temperatures of 30 degrees (over 85 fahrenheit) which will be unbearable.

Do people have any recommendation for decent quality tousers with either larger zipped opening vents around the thigh area or folding vents etc.

I probably won't go for fully mesh trousers incase it is cooler in the mountains.

Klim and touratech are unfortunately out of my price range, in fact I was lucky to get my Stadlers as a bargain on ebay.

Thanks

James
yorkieterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
If you like Stadler, the Compenero trousers I have are excellent; the goretex outer is excellent when it comes to poor weather travel. They are expensive, though. I have used a cheaper version (DIY if you like) in the past. I bought some Rev'it mesh trousers (and jacket) and then wore some standard hiking goretex trousers (and jacket) when things turned bad. This worked fine in both cases, although I do much prefer my Stadler outfit now. Maybe something similar might work?
Endurodude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
yorkieterrier OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I am keeping my eye on ebay for a more vented style Stadler trousers but they don't appear on there very often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
If you like Stadler, the Compenero trousers I have are excellent; the goretex outer is excellent when it comes to poor weather travel. They are expensive, though. I have used a cheaper version (DIY if you like) in the past. I bought some Rev'it mesh trousers (and jacket) and then wore some standard hiking goretex trousers (and jacket) when things turned bad. This worked fine in both cases, although I do much prefer my Stadler outfit now. Maybe something similar might work?
yorkieterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #4
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,374
don't know if tourmaster stuff is available on your side of the pond, but I recently picked up a pair of these, http://images.motorcycle-superstore....s_Gunmetal.jpg

tracker air pants.
I love them, and they zip off into shorts for after you get to your destination, makes it real nice for putting up the tent and cracking a few beers!
bikerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #5
flinders_72
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Got these today, cheap, very comfy and zippers and air flow points everywhere.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...OTB-Pants.aspx
flinders_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Hambonee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Dianese Air Drake pants:)
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-textile-pants

I LOVE mine..great build quality and protection..flow a pretty good amount of air but not crazy like full mesh pants. That and you can close the material over the mesh on the thighs with snaps if need to when it gets too cool...
Hambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
tracker air pants.
I love them, and they zip off into shorts for after you get to your destination, makes it real nice for putting up the tent and cracking a few beers!
Great, I can zip off the lower legs and with my A* Scouts I'll look like I'm in a John Cleese skit!