ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #451
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
And Georgia has a super easy September...

I'd trade AR's Oct schedule for GA's September schedule in a heart beat!
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #452
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,354
Who said...

...Johnny Manziel isn't a generous fella? Admits to signing over 4,000 autographs, for at least 6 different "dealers", and claims he was never paid.

And, just when I was ready to write off today's youth for being self-centered and selfish, along comes Johnny Football!
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #453
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
...Johnny Manziel isn't a generous fella? Admits to signing over 4,000 autographs, for at least 6 different "dealers", and claims he was never paid.

And, just when I was ready to write off today's youth for being self-centered and selfish, along comes Johnny Football!
I think it is called deferred compensation.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #454
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I think it is called deferred compensation.
First half suspension in the Rice game for Johnny, and then it's history.

The NCAA has officially jumped the shark!
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #455
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 70,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
First half suspension in the Rice game for Johnny, and then it's history.

The NCAA has officially jumped the shark!
Trying to puzzle through this, I conclude that Texas A&M owned the NCAA and threw them a face-saving bone. The NCAA had no proof, apparently. Seems to me the most the NCAA could do was threaten to extend the investigation. So they managed to get A&M to make a meaningless concession, in an attempt to save face.

If they'd had even a shred of proof, there would have been at least a 4 game suspension, which is what A.J. Green got for selling a jersey.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #456
NativeSon
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Trying to puzzle through this, I conclude that Texas A&M owned the NCAA and threw them a face-saving bone. The NCAA had no proof, apparently. Seems to me the most the NCAA could do was threaten to extend the investigation. So they managed to get A&M to make a meaningless concession, in an attempt to save face.

If they'd had even a shred of proof, there would have been at least a 4 game suspension, which is what A.J. Green got for selling a jersey.
I still think there's a character issue there. If I was Sumlin, I'd have a long talk with the boy.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #457
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 3,779
Character issue? I used to cheer for Aaron Hernandez on Saturdays......I'm not too worried about Manziel's character....
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #458
NativeSon
Beastly Adventurer
 
NativeSon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Frisco, Co/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Oddometer: 6,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Character issue? I used to cheer for Aaron Hernandez on Saturdays......I'm not too worried about Manziel's character....
Anybody else wake up today like a kid on Xmas morning?

Won't defend Hernandez, but I used to be really naive about these things. Ask Waxy.

If Manziel was innocent and had nothing to hide, tamu would have told the NCAA to investigate all they want.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #459
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 37,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Anybody else wake up today like a kid on Xmas morning?

Won't defend Hernandez, but I used to be really naive about these things. Ask Waxy.

If Manziel was innocent and had nothing to hide, tamu would have told the NCAA to investigate all they want.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't think it is just Manziel that has stuff to hide, but I'm sure if you look hard at A&M or any top tier program it isn't hard to find violations.

The NCAA has a new inspector--

__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand_Russell
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.




Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #460
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I don't think it is just Manziel that has stuff to hide, but I'm sure if you look hard at A&M or any top tier program it isn't hard to find violations.

The NCAA has a new inspector--

I'm shocked, shocked to find that cheating is going on in here!
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #461
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\
 
wiseanhyzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 1,539
Lightning delay right now. S. Carolina has the game in hand but the defense looked gased. Clowney is out of shape even though he's supposed to be in the best shape of his life. Georgia's running game is going to challenge them next week.
__________________

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #462
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
RhinoVonHawkrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern Pa
Oddometer: 1,074
NCAA is a joke

But they keep reporters in business

Lets see they can decide on Johnny Football in less than a month, but they can't seem to figure out Miami??

How about this 1
http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/...l#incart_river
__________________
AVO - R.I.P. - "When you don't have goals, you can't fail" - Neil Fallon
"He said, Son, remember where U came From" - LOA
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
http://www.greenenergysports.com/
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #463
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
Lightning delay right now. S. Carolina has the game in hand but the defense looked gased. Clowney is out of shape even though he's supposed to be in the best shape of his life. Georgia's running game is going to challenge them next week.
Well, GA doesn't run the HUNH. Still, I was a bit surprised how out of gas the SCAR D looked.

The Ole Piss/Vandy game is pretty entertaining.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #464
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 3,779
Tulane is off to a good start this season .

Good games tonight.....looks like the SEC will be tough this year..........


As I type this, Hawaii is leading USCwest.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #465
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\
 
wiseanhyzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Georgia
Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well, GA doesn't run the HUNH. Still, I was a bit surprised how out of gas the SCAR D looked.

The Ole Piss/Vandy game is pretty entertaining.
UGA has run a fair amount of no huddle (successfully) in recent years. It's not what they run exclusively but it is something they have developed in recent years. It looks like a real good option right now against S. Carolina.
__________________

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014