Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
JonnyCash OP
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,488
Owls Head Vintage Bike Show this weekend!

If you're within a half day's drive/ride of Owls Head Maine, you should definitely come on up!http://www.ohtm.org/*VinMoto.html
There's usually a pretty good turnout, some pretty obscure stuff along with the not so obscure, and on pretty days, the museum flies their airplanes. It's a good time, and It would be fun to meet some of you all. I'll be there both days I think, on my T3 Sat, and the /5 on Sun. I should have mentioned this before, but better late than never I guess.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Grinnin
Forever N00b

Oddometer: 2,582
It was . . .

. . . entertaining.

There were old motorcycles. The new motorcycles (which are interesting too) were parked closer this year.

There was one fellow who was trying to keep other motorcycles about 4 feet from his in the crowded Japanese area. He didn't succeed.

Nearby was a fellow who spent 10 or 15 minutes polishing his bike. Rust bubbles, duct tape, and all.

I asked 2 fellows if their Guzzi 850s were T3s. Each of them half denied it but started listing the T3 parts in their respective bikes. Yes, one of them was Jonny Cash. They soon got deep into discussions about Guzzi parts so I can claim to have met Jonny Cash, but not really.

On the way home I stopped to say hi to a rider who lived in this town but moved west along the coast to get more traffic in his shop. He told me that I was too warm in my jacket and my helmet was distracting so I can't focus on riding. It was a good chat anyway.

Nice to see the motorcycles. People are . . . entertaining.

Grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
JonnyCash OP
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,488
Hey, sorry, I didn't mean to blow you off, I just kind of got into conversation with that other guy, and then I never saw you again. Thanks for introducing yourself though.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
bmwrench
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,037
The Owls Head Museum is worth a visit any time you're in the area. In years past, I've driven their Model T and had a plane (in a Mooney!) ride there. I think those days are over, though.
bmwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
What?
curmudgeon

Oddometer: 359
I have to miss it this year. I have been going for, I think 5 years in a row. It really is a nice show. I have brought a Honda VF1100 Sabre, BMW K-75 and a Triumph TR6-C. My Harley isn't old enough to display yet.
It is really weird how you can almost pick out the Brit bike owners from the German owners and the Jap owners.There isn't any doubt about who rode in on a Harley.
I rode in their biplane last week. If you ever get a chance to do that, you should.
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,372
I'm headed up!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
Grinnin
Forever N00b

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
I didn't mean . . . .
I didn't think you blew me off. You were barely off the bike when I approached and I was sure you'd be trading Guzzi tips with the other fellow for a while. I'd been there since about 10 and was ready to go.

But can you explain why there was Johnny Cash on the speakers all morning, then Johnny Cash stops singing on the speakers just before Jonny Cash appears on a Guzzi?

Grinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,372
Some images from today

The square four RUNNING... http://s1040.photobucket.com/user/gs...3b4a9.mp4.html

concours screwed with this post 09-02-2013 at 09:05 AM
concours is offline   Reply With Quote