User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Burnicarus OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Eh? 1994 BMW K75 RT police "CLAIR BUILD" brat cafe

Noobie here to ADVRider, I decided to post this build up here because I need all the help I can get from as many people, so here it is.

I recently got this for a sweet deal. It needed some work, I lubed all of the splines, the clutch is great and the gear box is clunky as expected, however the engine is great and other then the fairing being cracked on the side from a spill its in great shape. I will be replacing the rear master brake cylinder, removing the non functioning abs replacing pads and shoes, new k&n air filter and I will either replace the exhaust with an aftermarket, supertrapp luftmeister or staintune, and if I cant find those for a good price ill just cut the exhaust in half and do a little weld job there or remove the muffler add a short pipe and heat wrap it. The fork tubes were pitted so I have a set of replacement forks in amazing condition. So thats that Im going for a more aggressive Tatanka look.
This bike is great I love her. pulls like a train and I have so many extras on this bike and spare luggage to sell or already sold that the job will pay for itself. Here comes a beauty
checklist:
Brat cafe seat welded and fabricated
fairing removal
headlight replacement and mirrors
brake overhaul
clip ons or low renthal bars
new acewell or kono speedo or just remove it entirely
paint job green or black or raw steel or i dont know
tail end = license plate, tail light, front and rear indicators
fork replacement
steel side panels hammered out and painted
wheel powdercoat
If possible new wasp style racing fairing
exhaust replacement

Burnicarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Burnicarus OP
n00b

Replaced old brake cylinder which was disgusting with all of the paint corroded off of it because the rubber boot was ripped and the insides rusted. Looped abs back on itself and routed brake line straight to caliper. will be needing new rear brake line soon. Emptied system of fluid, ones the new pads were put in I refilled the system by myself which I will say is a hell of a job. Here are some pics

Now Im stopping like a champ in traffic, also changed gear oil today, final drive tomorrow. didnt have enough time before work.
Seat getting built some time next week.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Burnicarus OP
n00b

Just wanted to show off my friends build and my bike without the seat, did some measurements, many things happening this weekend. seat, forks, alternator rubbers, front brakes, abs removal maybe fairing removal might have to do that later due to slow shipping of parts

Old 09-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Burnicarus OP
n00b

Seat pan is almost welded up, padding and leather tomorrow as well as the side panels. Gotta give a hand to my friends at E.R.A Fab and Customs where this has been getting done due to my garage being almost non existent and their welcome doors. Anything that was welded is Eric's handywork. It helps to have good peeps in your life.

Here is where we are at: The seat is all aluminum

This is all Eric's handy work, I am still coming up on the learning curb with welding but he is a genius, He fabricated this headlight envelopment in about 3 hours from a sheet of aluminum.

Because a lot of the front end parts are all waiting to come in, All of the front end will be started on in a week or so.
Muffler will be chopped for now but soon Id like to do a very short pipe and wrap the headers all the way up until the black tip I plan on putting on from DCC.