User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Portchy OP
Long in the tooth

Oddometer: 44
Talking Registering a hack in Sweden

This is a cry for help from anyone in Sweden that knows what the deal is. I have a couple of old Soviet sidecars and want to attach one to my Triumph Tiger900 (steamer). What is the deal here with dealing with Transportstyrelsen and SFRO? My Swedish is a bit on the crap side and best I can make out is, I have to get SFRO to certify that the brakes are up to the task at a cost of 3000sek or I can apply for a waver from Transportstyrelsen (if someone else has already paid for SFRO to test the same model bike) at a cost of 4000sek. All I want to do is extend my riding season beyond the few months that summer comes to this land.

95 Steamer
KMZ K-750 hack
KMZ K-750 hack
Portchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
ANKOF
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
hi. not 100% sure how you do it with a new rig but I know that it shouldnt be any real problems. I think that sfro has to test it not only for the brakes but also check the conection between bike and hack and that it handles ok.

talk to the right guy on "bilprovning" where you gonna do the final inspection. he or she knows how it works, the people on transportstyrelsen are nice but can only tell the rules and laws like its writen not how they work.
sfro are very good, talk to the right person in your neibourhood. think its different rates depending on size of there work papers they have to sign.
ANKOF is offline   Reply With Quote