ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #61981
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
Question for the masses.Does anyone know how to figure rolling resistance for a trailer? I'm thinking of getting a enclosed trailer like 7x12,7x14 size and was trying to decide if a single axle or dual axle would pull easier. It seems to me 2 tires would provide less resistance over 4 as far as contact patch. I think 2 axles would provide a smaller footprint on said tires as they would not have as much weight flexing on the side walls etc. Someone help me understand this,my single axle 6x12 causes serious mileage drop,and it is an open trailer. I think it is from the ramp gate, causing drag,even though it is full of holes. Anyone want to offer an opinion on this? Thanks
I have a 2010 7X16 United UXT with about 1000 miles on it. I used it one time to haul household goods.

I have 60 feet of e-track and several hundred dollars worth of clip in D-rings for the track (all new and uninstalled)

It is white with a heavy duty ramp door. It is 7' tall so you can ride into it without ducking. One piece aluminum roof. Rivet-less exterior, bull nose front cap, Stainless front corners & diamond plate rock guard. Electric brakes, spare tire, LED lights all around. Side entrance door as well.

Will hold 4 large adventure bikes without a chance of them ever touching or 6-8 off-road bike bikes packed in there like sardines.

I used to have vacations/time off work and my plan was to add a screen side door and a roof mounted air conditioner and turn it into a primitive camper.

I have painted the walls battleship grey. I have two gallons of the same paint for the floor.

Stored inside my barn.

SPECIFICATIONS FOR UXT SERIES:

FRAME AND HITCH
• Heavy Duty Steel Frame Construction
• Protective Undercoating on Lower Frame
• Weatherguard Coating on all Fasteners
• 16" On-Center Walls
• 16" On-Center Floor & Ceiling
• 2 5/16" Coupler

TIRES AND AXLES
• E-Z Lube Hubs®
• 15" Radial Tires
• Aluminum Wheels
• 3500 lb Independent Torsion Axles w/Brakes
• 7-Way Trailer Plug

INTERIOR
• 3/8” Plywood Interior Walls
• 3/4" Plywood Floor
• Lauan Roof Reinforcement
• Approx. 6' 6” Interior Height

EXTERIOR
• .030 Smooth Aluminum Exterior
• Screwless Exgterior Sides Eliminating Screws
• 24” Aluminum Stone Guard
• Safety Chains
• Aluminum Outside Fenders
• TSR Sidewall Vents
• Bright Front Corners
• Deluxe Trim
• Choice of Rounded Front Cap, No Cap and Flat Front, Racer Special Front

DOORS
• Ramp Door
• 32" Side Door

12 VOLT ELECTRICAL
• (2) 12-Volt Lights w/Switch
• LED Clearance and Tail Lights

WARRANTY
• 7 Year Limited Warranty
• 25 Year Floor Warranty

They are about $6,500 + tax new,

I will take $4,500 (I have more than $500 in the e-track & clips that will go with it.)
Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #61982
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 674
Scott,
I'm still in the planning stages, I don't have any funds at the moment to buy. Mgorman made a like offer to me and I appreciate both.

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #61983
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

No worries, I'll probably work on selling it next spring.

In the meantime......

Here are some things for you FFs to do.

Victory demos @ Iron Pony September 10-11

Paw Paw Festival @ Albany Ohio September 13-15 http://www.ohiopawpawfest.com/

Mothman Festival @ Point Pleasant WV September 21-22
http://mothmanfestival.com/ (there is an ADV ride leaving Grove City in the early AM on the 21st for this event)
Old 09-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #61984
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
Question for the masses.Does anyone know how to figure rolling resistance for a trailer? I'm thinking of getting a enclosed trailer like 7x12,7x14 size and was trying to decide if a single axle or dual axle would pull easier. It seems to me 2 tires would provide less resistance over 4 as far as contact patch. I think 2 axles would provide a smaller footprint on said tires as they would not have as much weight flexing on the side walls etc. Someone help me understand this,my single axle 6x12 causes serious mileage drop,and it is an open trailer. I think it is from the ramp gate, causing drag,even though it is full of holes. Anyone want to offer an opinion on this? Thanks
I dont imagine single axle vs dual axle will be significant difference in drag, provided bearings and tires are of equivalent quality.
However that gate is a significant drag and the main reason for your hard pull. Next time pull the gate off and replace with a couple ramps than can lie flat on the trailer if you have to pull it any distance. The ramp gates are good for landscapers that are getting on and off the trailer multiple times a day after short drives between stops. But will suck gas at highway speed.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #61985
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Victory demos @ Iron Pony September 10-11
Victory again? Weren't they just there a couple months ago? I think I can make it this time (had to work afternoons last time).

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #61986
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I have a 2010 7X16 United UXT with about 1000 miles on it. I used it one time to haul household goods.

I have 60 feet of e-track and several hundred dollars worth of clip in D-rings for the track
SCQTT, What is the empty weight of your trailer? I am looking for one but I may need to go with a Aluminum Construction to get at or below 2000lb empty weight that I need. Also would you like to sell the E-Track and clips as they are now? Thanks, Brian
Old 09-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #61987
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
SCQTT, What is the empty weight of your trailer? I am looking for one but I may need to go with a Aluminum Construction to get at or below 2000lb empty weight that I need. Also would you like to sell the E-Track and clips as they are now? Thanks, Brian
I'll have to look, but I think my trailer weighs 2,300 (think) I hardly notice it even when full, but I am pulling it with a 3/4 ton diesel.

No, I can't sell the stuff separate. I need to hang onto the track and rings, it will either go with the trailer or I'll keep the whole shebang and use it one every couple of years.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #61988
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,539
Speaking of trailers... I'm in the market for a one or two rail dirtbike trailer. Something very light, and cheap.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #61989
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
Speaking of trailers... I'm in the market for a one or two rail dirtbike trailer. Something very light, and cheap.
I have one you can borrow whenever.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #61990
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
I have 4.5' x 8' Triton aluminum trailer you are welcome to as well. Weighs about 300 lbs.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #61991
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I have 4.5' x 8' Triton aluminum trailer you are welcome to as well. Weighs about 300 lbs.
What's the weight capacity? I might want to borrow it to move my Gator. It weighs around 1000-1200#. I feel silly using the 26' car trailer to move it.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #61992
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
What's the weight capacity? I might want to borrow it to move my Gator. It weighs around 1000-1200#. I feel silly using the 26' car trailer to move it.
I think 2500 lbs. I am out of town right now but can check on Monday when I get back.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #61993
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
There has been one 4 sale in Danville all summer it was still there last friday night when we went by. Its south of the BP station and north of the other gas station on the right side if you are going south on 62.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #61994
bmoto54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
I'm in Mineral Ridge and have a 7x12 open trailer that you can borrow. Not sure of the weight capacity but I've hauled a utility quad and three full sized bikes without an issue.
Updated: the trailer has a 2600# weight capacity.
bmoto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #61995
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,662
ride

Last chance for fireworks ride.....Tim Horton`s -Lancaster,Ohio @8:30 Saturday.