Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #37726
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
Thanks!
the question is would you sell them both for this? my wife gave the ok but said I should sell both my bike to pay for it! its the 2013 ducati hypermotard 821cc twin, one sweet bike for sure! but two for one not sure what to do!!
Hmmmm, Me thinks that exhaust will be a challenge for deep mud pits
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #37727
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteiger View Post
I have a WR250R and my brother has the CRF250L.

I have ridden his bike on several occasions and I really like the torque of the motor down low. Makes the bike very controllable at low speed. I was surprised that the bike did not feel as heavy as it is so I think the weight must be centered a bit lower than say the WRR.

However, the suspension is just not on par with the WRR. Apparently the CRF only uses a spring in one of the forks as a cost savings measure. With only one spring you are limited to how far you can go with setting sag before you have to go to a two spring setup especially if you are a big guy.

One thing he has struggled with on that bike is head shake when ever he hits 60 to 65 MPH. He has been through the whole front end and looks like a dynamic balance has allowed him to delay the head shake to 70 MPH which is probably just fine. IMHO if there was a decent suspension package on that bike this would not be a concern. I have also seen this same issue when riding behind another CRF when we were slabbing it between trails. The rider could not really go much more than 60 before the front end really began the death shake.

In the end I think the CRF is a great starter bike and is very forgiving to learn on. But if you are already and experienced rider I think you may be disappointed by the suspension and will be looking to upgrade it fairly quickly.
So far thankfully none of the 3 crf's we have experienced any real head shake problem, I think many on a new bike grip to tightly at high speeds, the looser you are on the grips that goes away in my experience at least, not saying that is your brother's issue but the crf is a first bike for many and gripping to tightly at high speeds will definitely cause that.
My buddy brad weighs 150#'s he pretty much can push the bike as fast as it will go at his weight and he rides the highway to work most days on his and is at 77-80mph the whole way, he actually mentioned the shake when he first got the bike until I told him to loosen his grip and he said that is exactly what was doing it, never had a shake or shimmy since.
I weigh 185 and I feel like I can jump the hell out of the bike, never bottomed out ever. I actually bought my wr a year before the crf so I was used to a pretty decent suspension but I actually enjoy the suspension of the crf nice and soft and can really pre load it before I hit a decent jump and she fly's and land like its on pillows!!
r6realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #37728
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
Hmmmm, Me thinks that exhaust will be a challenge for deep mud pits
not when she will skim right over the top of them
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #37729
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

They're both black. Just stick a Yamaha decal over the Ducatti when it's in the garage and keep the Honda. "What new bike, honey?"
Or you can sell the Yamaha and store the Honda in my garage
Old 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #37730
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
They're both black. Just stick a Yamaha decal over the Ducatti when it's in the garage and keep the Honda. "What new bike, honey?"
Or you can sell the Yamaha and store the Honda in my garage
wish it was that easy, oh absolutely if you were closer that's just what I would do thanks for the storage offer lol. I dont know I just may keep em there both a blast and pretty inexpensive to maintain.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #37731
ryguy83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6realtor View Post
wish it was that easy, oh absolutely if you were closer that's just what I would do thanks for the storage offer lol. I dont know I just may keep em there both a blast and pretty inexpensive to maintain.
Yea I would keep them ,just my opinion of course. There so fun to wring them wot all the time from light to light,corner to corner,trail to trail ya know. That Ducati wouldn't see full throttle much I bet,or,maybe It would?. Idk, I'm just not feeling that ugly exhaust,reminds of the ktm 690 big exhausts I hate,Great bikes though. I'd keep your current lineup for atleast another year or so,then maybe go for the Ducati,but would try to keep the Honda for those days you wanna explore/offload ya know.

All I know is im having a blast on my wrx.love my bike

-ry

Previous: '00 ninja250r, '03 sv650s, '05 cbr600rr, '09 klx250s, '09 wr250x
ryguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #37732
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

yeah I may just keep em, I do absolutely love my wr! Your wrx is looking good man, how do like it compared to your former bikes? wait till you do exhaust, ais delete, programmer and airbox mods, I swear it is a totally different bike after that!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #37733
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for your input T63 vs MT21, very good real world information.

The excellent in sand input on the T63 have cemented the rear tire choice, but I have both the T63 and MT21 front tire in the shopping cart. I normally don't mix brands/treads, but there is much positive input on the MT21 front being excellent, and compatible with most any rear tire pairing. Now just gotta' pick one and go .
I voted MT-21 on mine (T-63 rear).

jon_l screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 03:12 AM
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #37734
sodapop
Caffeinated

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for your input T63 vs MT21, very good real world information.

The excellent in sand input on the T63 have cemented the rear tire choice, but I have both the T63 and MT21 front tire in the shopping cart. I normally don't mix brands/treads, but there is much positive input on the MT21 front being excellent, and compatible with most any rear tire pairing. Now just gotta' pick one and go .
I have the MT21 on front and T63 on back, and I really like that combo all around. FWIW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Gone: 2006 Suzuki SV650S, 2002 KTM 125SX, 1994 Yamaha YZF750R, 1992 Honda CBR600R, 1991 Suzuki GSXR750R, 1989 Yamaha FZR600R, 1983 Honda CR80R, 1982 Honda XR80R, 1979 Yamaha GT80
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #37735
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

I have both the x and r wheels, I do not want to be switching sprockets, etc. when switching wheels. What are people running to make the switch as painless as possible? I'm 13/47 with the r wheelset right now, it's good off road, but the engine screams past about 55 MPH . I was thinking about 13/45 on both, has anybody run this combo? The terrain here is completely varied, so I do run into steep stuff off road consistently.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #37736
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer

I actually just happened to have a 45t shipping to me next week, i think this will be perfect for this bike, but I will give you an update later in the week
Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #37737
Luke308
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Noob question here: first time doing a coolant change, what's the correct process?

Luke308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #37738
Luke308
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Never mind. Found the PDF manual: http://www.pdf-manual.com/user-guide...010-18167.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Luke308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #37739
noahdr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Has anyone had an issue where the clutch does not engage all the way? I went out to start my bike for the first time in a few weeks (I changed the oil/filter during the downtime) and noticed that with the clutch in, the bike still does not roll in first gear...?? It surges forward slightly when I start the engine while it in first as well. Would the clutch cable need tightening or does anyone think there may be more expensive issues at hand here? I do not drive it all that hard so find it hard to believe the clutch is going out..

Thanks for all the help!
noahdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #37740
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdr View Post
Has anyone had an issue where the clutch does not engage all the way? I went out to start my bike for the first time in a few weeks (I changed the oil/filter during the downtime) and noticed that with the clutch in, the bike still does not roll in first gear...?? It surges forward slightly when I start the engine while it in first as well. Would the clutch cable need tightening or does anyone think there may be more expensive issues at hand here? I do not drive it all that hard so find it hard to believe the clutch is going out..

Thanks for all the help!
Adjust the cable. Should have 1/4 inch at least free play, or if more that that lessen the free play.
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote