Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenteuerfahrer View Post
What I just don't get involved in is bashing our sidecar builders....these are the only ones we have here in the US.... and bless them, what would we do without them??
Ditto. There's been a bit of that going on here lately so kept quiet even though I have opinions (heh, don't we all!). I credit this forum for turning me onto the idea of hacks, and now that summer is starting to cool I've been thoroughly enjoying my sidecar! I've also won over another convert: my Dude has been driving the hack more and more, and yesterday he told me he wants one. I don't think we have the funds for another DMD/CSM full build, so we'll be using this forum for ideas on how to fabricate our own. That's a little ways off but, yeah, this is a pretty sweet forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 6,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebig View Post
What's anyone else think advrider/hacks/ fountain of info ? entertainment ? everyones a saint ? Everyones a Troll ? Everything here is the gospel ? DB

It's just a microcosm of society.

Go to a bar , supermarket , bike rally , rodeo , whatever and you'll see exactly the same thing.

Remember , old age does not automatically confer wisdom ... it's a general guide as to how many candles to purchase for the birthday cake.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #18
Old Mule
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
science vs art

To answer your question, there are scientific and mathmatical/dynamic sidecar writings, I have found them by googling things like "Dynamics of Three Wheeled Vehicles".
But very few sidecar outfits are identical, and if you give four guys identical BMWs and Jupiter sidecars, and ask them to meet back here in a year, you would find four wildly different vehicles...
Trust your own judgement when you built, and use it to filter what you read here...
Old Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #19
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,832
I have to agree that there as many unique sidecars are there are unique sidecar owners.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
davebig OP
Another Angry Hun !

Oddometer: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post

Go to a bar , supermarket , bike rally , rodeo , whatever and you'll see exactly the same thing.

Remember , old age does not automatically confer wisdom ... it's a general guide as to how many candles to purchase for the birthday cake.

Well FR700 I like your comment the best, as usual my inability to accept my fellow man with all their foibles has reared it's ugly head again, it's my problem.
Though I'm fond of saying "electricity,water and mankind all seek the path of least resistance " I keep thinking they'll rise above themselves.DB

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain
Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #21
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Well FR700 I like your comment the best, as usual my inability to accept my fellow man with all their foibles has reared it's ugly head again, it's my problem.
Though I'm fond of saying "electricity,water and mankind all seek the path of least resistance " I keep thinking they'll rise above themselves.DB

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain

, I like that. Pretty much on the money , but thankfully there are those who push beyond that mindset. These are the people I would gladly share a fireside ale with.
I still recall the 'good old days' here when a question's first response would generally be " fuck off and search ".

Groucho Marx in a telegram to the Friar's Club of Beverly Hills , "Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member".

Have fun Dave.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #22
Andrew2
Team 250

Oddometer: 5,186
Quote:
as usual my inability to accept my fellow man with all their foibles has reared it's ugly head again, it's my problem.
“TWO WOLVES”
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people.
He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which wolf wins?’
The old Cherokee simply replied,
‘The one you feed.’

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #23
ked
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
“TWO WOLVES”
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people.
He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which wolf wins?’
The old Cherokee simply replied,
‘The one you feed.’

now you've done it!

ked
Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #24
Andrew2
Team 250

Oddometer: 5,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ked View Post
now you've done it!

ked
Nothing bad intended in that,just the truth for all of us.Nothing can hurt or annoy you unless you let it.Easier said than done though.Back to my cave now.

Cheers
A2

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 AM   #25
ked
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
Nothing bad intended in that,just the truth for all of us.Nothing can hurt or annoy you unless you let it.Easier said than done though.Back to my cave now.

Cheers
A2
don't go back in your cave, i am just a funning ya.

i recently met DB and i was really just kidding with him

ked

ps: I love that story. i have told it many times.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #26
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,795
Quote:
Damn, thanks for killing my last vestige of hope
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #27
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,658
Quote:

That's pretty much on the ball. It's the same in here as anywhere else. Read/listen a lot and take out of it what you need or think is right. Read enough and you'll eventually be able to work out the gold from the quartz.
There really is more gold too, just takes a little while to find it.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #28
team sleaz
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Building Sidecars

Hmm,Well there was no intrenet when I built my first one , I looked at a couple and thought i'll give it a go,(SL350honda) I made it a bit on the heavy side!! Next one was much better and so on. Still doing it.The best part was learning to drive them,I just rode it out of drive and onto road!! WOW!! I asked a lot of people a lot of questions and used the info I thought was for me. The man who never made a mistake never made anything. Regads, Sleaz
team sleaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #29
boyd32450
Dirt Newbie

Oddometer: 137
Quote:

LOL this is true but we have made all the same mistakes first
Boyd Reeder DoD #115
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't."
- Ben Franklin
2013 URAL Gear Up, "Forest Fog"OLGA
boyd32450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #30
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd32450 View Post
LOL this is true but we have made all the same mistakes first

Experience is being able to recognize a mistake the second time you make it.
And I speak from experience.