Old 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #466
Choicecut
Lean, Tender and Juicy.

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcycle View Post

Love all the videos....
Here are a few ideas for you......
Sounds like the bike is rich, MAke sure you only use a 80:1 ratio, use a good pre mix ( AMSOIL DOMINATOR ) or equivalent. adjust that air idle mix screw maybe another half turn out ? ( More air )

Bend your knees !!!

Forget about 1st gear . Way to quick, and jumpy

maybe think about a 1 tooth smaller counter sprocket...

and I also use AMSOIL, 0-40 Gear oil, not sure if you clutch is the jumpy one like most montys, But those bikes work really really really awesome with the Silkolene COMP Gear oil

it makes it feel a bit more smoother without the toggle switch ( on-Off)
effect that Montys are famous for..

Only my suggestions, I am not an expert mechanic, But I play one at work :)

Most important of all !!!

Have that wife and daughter film all your sections !!!
We need entertainment that cannot be staged !!

Good luck , Have fun, you will do great !!!!
Thanks for the tips NW! I am currently running 80:1 with 110 leaded octane and using Motul 710 Ester 2-Stroke Oil for the mix. I will try backing the adjustment screw out a half turn.

I need to work on bending my knees more! I feel like the handlebars need raised on the bike or something for my size. It really kills my lower back after awhile of bending.

The clutch feels a lot better now after switching to Torco Synthetic. It had terrible drag when I first got it, so I tried flushing and replacing with Motul syn. That made a little difference, but not enough to suit me. I flushed it again with the Torco and it has slight drag when first starting up and is fine about 10 seconds after. I talked to Dennis from Overland Trial (Very knowledgeable and very friendly) at the event in Newark and he said he has some Elf oil in stock still. I think I am going to snag some of that before it's gone.

Wife and daughter couldn't make it to this past event as they had other plans. I got 3rd on Saturday and 4th on Sunday in the Novice class (even got me a couple little medallions for the garage wall of fame!), so I have some practicing to do before I move to intermediate. I had a freaking blast and met a ton of GREAT people, some of those people are freaking amazing on a trials bike. I am riding the event in Indiana this month and then two more here in Ohio in October, which the wife will be attending. Also have the RYP clinic in October if it pans out (hopefully). Should get some good videos soon.

Just got a new set of Dunlop rubbers in today to ditch the dry-rotted meats that were on the bike when I got it. These will easily increase my riding skills by 10 fold.
1979 Suzuki DS 100;
2002 Honda XR50 (Pinky Pie);
Choicecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #467
Macke22
Trials Rider

Oddometer: 35
Talking Playtime

havin a bit of fun after a race in Sweden!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irq2h0Io3XI
Macke22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #468
Macke22
Trials Rider

Eek

how can i get my video to show up as a video and not a link to youtube? have seen that some of you can just put the video right here.... help please?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #469
ridenm
not waiting anymore

Oddometer: 2,512
Go to the YouTube link for the video. Right-click and select "Copy embed code", then paste here in the edit window.

Like this:

Old 09-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #470
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Oddometer: 1,019
Pulled my unique `89 Fantic out of storage today and dinked around (click on the pic):

motobene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #471
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke22 View Post
how can i get my video to show up as a video and not a link to youtube? have seen that some of you can just put the video right here.... help please?
Get a Smug Mug account (14-day free trial). I took the $60/ year option after the trial period. Smugmug really is awesome.

Upload pix and videos (you have to select videos in the upload window when browsing to videos or you'll see no video files). Once uploaded, you click on the box with an arrow under the photo or video to get a link. Go to the Embeddable links tab and select Forums: BB-Code small, medium or large. Click copy, then paste the stuff into your post.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #472
Old Geezer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobene View Post
Pulled my unique `89 Fantic out of storage today and dinked around (click on the pic):

Great looking bike, you should bring it to the ITSA two day at Stephenson Ranch, OK Oct 5 & 6. We have a class for air cooled mono's in addition to our TS classes. And since you have it for sale you could find a buyer as well.

76 TY175
Whitehawk 80
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #473
Macke22
Trials Rider

Question !!test!!

Lets see if this works, if it does,Thank you!!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #474
motobene
Motoing for 43 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
Great looking bike, you should bring it to the ITSA two day at Stephenson Ranch, OK Oct 5 & 6. We have a class for air cooled mono's in addition to our TS classes. And since you have it for sale you could find a buyer as well.
I'm planning to be there with the Fantic. I haven't ridden Cleveland (Stephenson Ranch) yet and look forward to doing so. Gotta support those with ranches who are willing to open them up!

My ranch is about the same distance from OKC but in the opposite (SW) quarter of Oklahoma, in the Wichita Mountains region. Trials riders coming from the west and southwest, know you have a stopover at the Buffalo Dream Ranch, west of Lawton, OK. It's 200 miles farther north and east to Cleveland, OK.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #475
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 691
motobene, I just wanted to say I enjoy all of your posts, especially the inside view ones, and it looks like a great place to ride you have there!
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #476
Old Geezer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobene View Post
I'm planning to be there with the Fantic. I haven't ridden Cleveland (Stephenson Ranch) yet and look forward to doing so. Gotta support those with ranches who are willing to open them up!

My ranch is about the same distance from OKC but in the opposite (SW) quarter of Oklahoma, in the Wichita Mountains region. Trials riders coming from the west and southwest, know you have a stopover at the Buffalo Dream Ranch, west of Lawton, OK. It's 200 miles farther north and east to Cleveland, OK.
Glad you are going to be at Cleveland, thanks for the invite to RON at your ranch, may take you up on it on my return trip back to NM.

76 TY175
Whitehawk 80
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #477
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Oddometer: 203
Laugh Peoria IL saturday trials - Novice GoPro chinbar helmet cammm

amcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #478
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

what a GREAT day!
conditions were great, a bit of threat of rain which held off.
Loop was very managable and relatively short.
Eight very nice sections with varied conditions and challenges.

MY FIRST EVER CLEAN LOOP!

Great people.

Fun way to check today - 3 riders were sent to each section, as A B or C. As "8 B" (mike and i together were "one" at this section due to its length), we rode our first loop, checked the 2nd, rode loops 3 and 4, checked #5, rode #6. Every rider checked 2 loops in one section throughout the day. Worked well in most places and cases as far as we could tell, and solved the challenge of not having enough riders to be able to have skilled checkers at each section.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #479
Nodabs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
That is so cool!
I made the original cuts in the woods where most of the sections you rode on are.
I laid out the first trial that PMC ever had way back in '93. 20 years sure goes by fast.
It sure is neat to see so many of the old sections still being used.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #480
amcross
Career Rookie/Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodabs View Post
That is so cool!
I made the original cuts in the woods where most of the sections you rode on are.
I laid out the first trial that PMC ever had way back in '93. 20 years sure goes by fast.
It sure is neat to see so many of the old sections still being used.
NODABS,
I'm honored.
this has to be the single coolest response to any of my riding videos/writeups ever. THANKS!!!

PS: We rode trials back in 1990/1991 in upstate NY. life got in the way for 21 years and we're just now been back for just under a year. It did in deed go by fast and we're happy to be here again. Best wishes!!!