Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #436
Lumpyboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I run a trials on my KTM 200XCW as well. They are just the balls for super technical terrain. Some people say they don't perform well in mud but I have not found that to be the case. Knobbies tend to dig trenches whereas trials tires float and grip. Only place I have not liked trials tires is in sand.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #437
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxer667 View Post
Here is mine with my Wolfman Luggage added

There's another one on this pic... :)

What kind of tail you got there?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #438
motoxer667
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-cosmic View Post
There's another one on this pic... :)

What kind of tail you got there?

One from S.I.C.A.S.S. Racing. I put their dual sport kit on

http://sicassracing.com/store/produc...t_under_fender
Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #439
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Great. Thanks for the link.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #440
hiawassee
Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
I have a S.I.C.A.S.S. Racing tall medium density foam seat on my bike. It really helps on the long sections when you are sitting down. With the stock seat my legs were cramped sitting.

hey, how tall are you? I've been considering a tall seat on my '07. I'm 6'2" barefoot, and 6'3"-ish with riding boots on. my legs cramp as well when seated. feel like I dwarf the bike. riser under the bar helps a little, but still cramped when seated.

for some reason it doesn't seem as tall as my '01 426. wasn't sure if it's because I run a 19" rear tire on the 426 vs. 18" on the 450, or if there's a difference in suspension between the two (despite trying to even them up, the '07 still feels a little cushy-er).

'81 KZ1000 (resting in pieces)
'01 WR426F
'07 WR450F
hiawassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #441
motoxer667
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiawassee View Post
hey, how tall are you? I've been considering a tall seat on my '07. I'm 6'2" barefoot, and 6'3"-ish with riding boots on. my legs cramp as well when seated. feel like I dwarf the bike. riser under the bar helps a little, but still cramped when seated.

for some reason it doesn't seem as tall as my '01 426. wasn't sure if it's because I run a 19" rear tire on the 426 vs. 18" on the 450, or if there's a difference in suspension between the two (despite trying to even them up, the '07 still feels a little cushy-er).
I am 5'11". I had the same seat on my '01 YZ426 too. Have you replaced the rear Spring? When I adjusted the rear sag on my "12 I am border line on needing a heavier spring which I did do on my YZ when I had it.

The other bike in the back ground of my pic in the above post is ridden by a guy that is 6'3" to 6'4" and he has the tall firm seat and 25mm bar risers with I think woods tall bars. He put new springs in front and rear on his bike
Old 09-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #442
hiawassee
Fair play t'ya!

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
I am 5'11". I had the same seat on my '01 YZ426 too. Have you replaced the rear Spring? When I adjusted the rear sag on my "12 I am border line on needing a heavier spring which I did do on my YZ when I had it.

Have not replaced the spring, but I'm thinking one of the 2 P.O.s might have. Earlier this year after i bought the bike, I was trying to determine how to stiffen it up and whether I might need a new spring. I consulted the manual and it says there are color coded spots of paint on the spring that correspond to its relative stiffness. I found the paint on mine and it matches up to a factory code for a stiffer than stock spring. So I made some gradual adjustments to the damping and compression and that made a difference.

It has a soft SDG gripper seat on it now which isn't bad as far as comfort. For some reason though that seems to be unrelated to either the suspension or the seat, the bike just feels smaller. Could it be the more streamlined design of the aluminum frame compared to the older boxy steel frame configuration? Both of mine are in the garage side by side and the 450's seat height is lower where everything else for the most part is the same. Sitting on both, they feel roughly equal as far as sag is concerned.

Not a big deal I guess. I just don't care for the bulk of my weight while riding seated to be on my undercarriage. Seems like more weight needs to transfer thru my feet to the pegs making it easier to stand quicker. I've got lingering back problems as it is and long miles take their toll regardless. Not that I have any plans to quit of course . So maybe a tall seat is the way to go.

'81 KZ1000 (resting in pieces)
'01 WR426F
'07 WR450F
hiawassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #443
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiawassee View Post

Starting in 05 they made the bike about an inch lower from the seat to the ground. I had a 2000 wr400 with stock seat and lowered pegs. on my 06 wr450 with lowed pegs I still felt cramped so I went with a taller Guts seat. I'm 6,2 almost 6,3 barefoot.
Parx400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #444
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

I guess I'll have to do the seat mod too, on my '12. I'm 6'4'' and I find precise braking (rear brake) very difficult due to the angle of my ankles.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #445
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,203
Got some use outa my WR450 this past weekend.

Andrew
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #446
T-cosmic
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice Andrew...

I gave mine a wash...

Old 09-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #447
-TRED-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Tps

I'm want to disconnect the TPS on my bike, but I'm not sure where it is located.Did some reseach, but still not sure. Can some tell me or shoot me a picture of what it looks like?

I was going really fast until I crashed.....BRAAAAP!
-TRED- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #448
beernutt
This space for rent

Oddometer: 304
GYTR power tuner loan?

My 06 bit the dust.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921730

Getting a 12 WR450. Does anyone have the GYTR power tuner they can loan out? I'd be happy to put a PayPal deposit down to use it, and even give you $20 to let me use it. I'll pay shipping both ways to CO.

Thanks for thinking about it.
Alan
beernutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #449
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutt View Post
My 06 bit the dust.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921730

Getting a 12 WR450. Does anyone have the GYTR power tuner they can loan out? I'd be happy to put a PayPal deposit down to use it, and even give you $20 to let me use it. I'll pay shipping both ways to CO.

Thanks for thinking about it.
Alan
I think the dealer will reprogram for you if you can't get a hold of a tuner... So what are the plans for the '06? At the least you can get some use out of the wheels.

- Ken
wilkinsonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #450
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRED- View Post
I'm want to disconnect the TPS on my bike, but I'm not sure where it is located.Did some reseach, but still not sure. Can some tell me or shoot me a picture of what it looks like?

It's on the left side of the carb, hidden behind the frame. The connection to unplug it is about 12" or so forward. You'll have to remove the gas tank to find it.

Unplugging it didn't make my 08' run any better on the road. It still stuttered while trying to maintain a steady speed. I ended up buying a Dynatek programmable CDI, that an inmate was selling & offered to let me try it before buying. It's not cheap, but it works. I was happy to pay for it rather than paying a mechanic hours to try to diagnose it, and maybe never figure it out.
GlennR is online now   Reply With Quote