Rode Hard And Put Away Wet America
Pike Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
kenw
Clueless

Oddometer: 30
Thanks

Thanks for the link.
My buddy who races his Datsun roadster didn't make the Run Offs this year. The upside is that he gets the chance to work the pits for the 240Z prepared for "the" John Morton for the past champions race.
Ken
kenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Oddometer: 31,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike Bishop View Post
Rode Hard And Put Away Wet America
Been a long time since I've been to Elkhart Lake, it's a great course. Went to Mid Ohio earlier this year for the first time in a lot of years, it was spooky how familiar it still was.

The Second Amendment - it ain't about duck hunting.

You heatherns needs some churchin up - http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
91Eunos
zipper suited sun god

Oddometer: 770
wet day but a lot of fun...whole fam will be there tomorrow. Trying to decide which kid goes on the parade lap in our two-seater!

We'll be in the Porsche paddock at turn 1 if any of YFF's are there.

edit: I'll be wearing an old SCCA Pro Touring team shirt...bright yellow shirt w/Circuit City and Toyo Tires logos, etc. Bit of trivia: you can see me, waving very slowly like I'm signaling the helo taking the shot, wearing that shirt & centered in the opening scene of last year's NBC coverage of the USGP F1 race at COTA.

I'll have a brown ADVrider shirt under it though, so you'll know it's me when I render the salute.

91Eunos screwed with this post 09-21-2013 at 05:42 AM
91Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,229
Spec Racer Ford is up next in a few minutes. Large field with plenty of very good drivers throughout the grid. This may be one of the most competitive classes in amateur racing.

As a former racer in this class, and previously in Spec Racer Renault, as well as in other classes, I can assure you it will be well worth watching.

I never qualified for the runoffs, as I apparently wasn't good enough, but I did once manage to race in the Pacific Coast Road Race of Champions, at Sears Point, way back in ancient history.

I wish I still had all the money I pissed away on racing over the years, but then I probably wouldn't have a bunch of memories from those days. At least I can say I did it, though not always very successfully.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
91Eunos
zipper suited sun god

Oddometer: 770
Great day today... I won't spoil the results for those who haven't watched the race yet (televised tomorrow on ESPN2), but very happy the whole family went today.

Patrick Dempsey and Andy Lally came by this morning...talked a bit and I was able to get Pat to sign both my kid's hats. My son's hat already had Pat Long's signature (got it signed at last year's F1 race when he was one of our car club's guests at a dinner); and wouldn't you know it, Pat Long and his new CORE Autosport GT team mate Colin Braun showed up this morning too! Pat Long was kind enough to sign my daughter's hat as well, so they now have a matching set!

Also got to meet the Falken racing team drivers as well as a bunch of Porsche Motorsport execs who gave us some insights into next year's programs.

Patrick Dempsey also signed one of our copies of "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein for my wife... My understanding is that even though a studio has the rights, he controls how and when (and if?) it'll be made into a movie...starring him of course.

What struck me the most about his character was that when he signed my daughter's hat, he had already left our venue and was literally out the gate when my 8-year-old daughter ran up to the fence with her hat. He asked the golf cart driver to stop, they backed up and he had them open the gate for her after he jumped out to sign her hat. He could have easily kept driving, and I'm sure he wanted to get back to the paddock to get ready for this afternoon's race but he took those few moments to make her day...hell, her year for that matter.

I'm actually getting a little choked up thinking about it now... I truly admire his respect for his fans (acting and racing), and will be forever grateful for what he did for my little girl today.

Of course she keeps telling me that she meant to ask him how Giselle's doing back in NY! That's an "Enchanted" reference for those who don't have a young girl at home!

edit: Lulz...just realized I'm talking about the ALMS & WEC races at COTA this weekend and this thread is about the SCCA runoffs...

91Eunos screwed with this post 09-21-2013 at 08:41 PM
91Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:55 AM   #10
Chuck Pryce
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Bring it back to Road Atlanta,or don't bother having it at all.
Chuck Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Oddometer: 31,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Pryce View Post
Bring it back to Road Atlanta,or don't bother having it at all.
Road Atlanta's dead to me since they fucked it up by covering up Gravity Cavity.

Turn 10 was a man's corner.

The Second Amendment - it ain't about duck hunting.

You heatherns needs some churchin up - http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: