Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #751
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp22 View Post
correct: You are a domestic terrorist assumed to be guilty therefore everything you have is fair game
however, the potus who summarily waives the arms-to-known-terrorist law [he swore to uphold] and ships weapons to Al Queda is a Nobel Peacenik.
any questions?//
You must be a fucking riot at cocktail parties....

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #752
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 16,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
so...... for those of you foaming at the mouth to land a 2014 V-Strom - would it affect your enthusiasm at all if Kawasaki was to suddenly decide to bring the Versys 1000 to the states? I know it's hard to compare, since none of us on this side of the pond has seen either one, but I asked myself the same question. I sure would like to have a choice between the two!
i'd say most Strom enthusiast like the 19" front wheel, extra skid plate clearance, strong aftermarket and the availability of many adv tires...so i'd say for most no. add to the a sweet V motor and the deal is done in the Strom camp.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #753
Mighty Kentor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
I know it's hard to compare, since none of us on this side of the pond has seen either one, but I asked myself the same question. I sure would like to have a choice between the two!
What side of the pond are you on? They sell them in Canada!

My choice would be the V-Strom even though I'm a Kawi fan. The big versys is a woofer.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #754
Dust_
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
so...... for those of you foaming at the mouth to land a 2014 V-Strom - would it affect your enthusiasm at all if Kawasaki was to suddenly decide to bring the Versys 1000 to the states? I know it's hard to compare, since none of us on this side of the pond has seen either one, but I asked myself the same question. I sure would like to have a choice between the two!
I live in Portugal, where we have the kawi, and I must say, don't dish it until you rode it! It's one hell of a motor! For me (FOR ME, which means it's my opinion, not trying to release a brand war) it was way more fun to ride than the new KTM 1190 and a better package than the aprilia caponord 1200. I recently rode the new BMW GS for 3500km and, though I truly enjoyed it and felt connected to the bike, I'm not quite sure it is worth 7000€ more than The Kawasaki Versys 1000.

That being said, this Suzuki has a lot of potencial. Same suspension settings, traction control, mileage friendly and has an assisted clutch wish the Kawasaki hasn't. Only point would be the vibes... 99bhp is more than enough, don't get me wrong, but on a twin V with that massive torque, won't it vibe? The vibes on the GS didn't bother me until I did a 6 hour stretch on the motorway, so I'm curious about this new Suzuki
Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 AM   #755
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Kentor View Post
What side of the pond are you on? They sell them in Canada!

My choice would be the V-Strom even though I'm a Kawi fan. The big versys is a woofer.
Canada? You mean it's real?

Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #756
sweetlu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
anybody know why the US Suzuki website has not been updated with the new Vee?
sweetlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #757
billmags
Scoot Jockey

Oddometer: 144
Hmm, I likey. I haven't taken a serious look at this since the news came out. Not having the center stand and rear led blinkers as standard is kinda lame though- but it's the way of the world today.
Will have to see it in person.

Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Yamaha TW200
billmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #758
lexluther11
Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer: 1,047
Canada website

http://www.suzuki-vstrom.com/en/index.html
lexluther11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #759
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
i'd say most Strom enthusiast like the 19" front wheel, extra skid plate clearance, strong aftermarket and the availability of many adv tires...so i'd say for most no. add to the a sweet V motor and the deal is done in the Strom camp.
yep; no offense to breezey, but the versys does nothing for me. doesn't feel good, don't like the geometry, seat, concept, or the rider commentary. maybe a good for Road Warrior wing... I dunno... out of my field of vision.

if suzi gets as lucky with this as with the original weestrom, it will be a big deal. its sorta forgotten now -but the original weestrom was "right enough" out of the chute... no need for any big revisions, no big issues, no big complaints. This one, on paper, looks really well thought out. but execution is everything
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #760
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluther11 View Post
that european test guy is as dull as honda.... good grief
Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #761
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,317
My local dealer reckons there might be some kind of launch model fitted with all the stuff you want on a tall rounder. It'll come in at a reduced price compared to having all the kit fitted afterwards.

Suzuki better hurry - 'cos it there's a new XTZ900 with the MT09 motor it'll rock!!
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #762
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
there's a new XTZ900 with the MT09 motor it'll rock!!
hmm... Tiger-killer.

what does that MT-09 weigh? i wonder if it could be perverted into a dual-sporter....
Old 09-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #763
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,317
Hmm. It'd be a tough build. The under engine can precludes a centre stand and it'd need a bigger tank. Best wait until the MIlan show in November to see if Yamaha have something up their sleeve.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #764
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlu View Post
anybody know why the US Suzuki website has not been updated with the new Vee?
they have not officially shown the bike yet (just the show "concept" from before) or even officially confirmed it's coming to the US. having the bike seen on the Internet (the http://www.suzuki-vstrom.com web site) is not the official intro from companies. The all do official unveilings and intros for the press and then it's "official".

http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx
after this show expect it to be seen.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #765
eakins
Butler Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_ View Post
I live in Portugal, where we have the kawi, and I must say, don't dish it until you rode it! It's one hell of a motor! For me (FOR ME, which means it's my opinion, not trying to release a brand war) it was way more fun to ride than the new KTM 1190 and a better package than the aprilia caponord 1200. I recently rode the new BMW GS for 3500km and, though I truly enjoyed it and felt connected to the bike, I'm not quite sure it is worth 7000€ more than The Kawasaki Versys 1000.

That being said, this Suzuki has a lot of potencial. Same suspension settings, traction control, mileage friendly and has an assisted clutch wish the Kawasaki hasn't. Only point would be the vibes... 99bhp is more than enough, don't get me wrong, but on a twin V with that massive torque, won't it vibe? The vibes on the GS didn't bother me until I did a 6 hour stretch on the motorway, so I'm curious about this new Suzuki
the v is well balanced and will no doubt be even smoother than the previous. everyone perceives vibration differently however. many find no issues with the GS unlike you. that motor puts me to sleep for some reason. it's the only motor that i feel sleepy on for some reason. you want ultra smooth then get a 4 or 6 cyl motor.