ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #766
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 926
Eakins is right as usual...

..The new Strom 1000 is perfect for this old 2004 DL650 owner.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #767
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
..The new Strom 1000 is perfect for this old 2004 DL650 owner.
exactly what I'm thinking.... and I have a birthday due mid-oct.
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #768
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,515
I can't bring myself to spending double what I paid for my Strom.. She still has a lot of life in her left and she's dialed in just to my liking..

If money was no object then...or a Birthday..

My 04 last week...

If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #769
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

one of a kind!

I'm hoping the slightly heavier '14 v has better balance - I thought the one goof on the original wee that could have been avoided with some thinking and work was its front&top heaviness. rear was fine. riding it naked for awhile was terrific except for the lack of those uber-headlights and wind/weather protection. but it was grand to actually be able to see the line that my front tread was landing in for onece

Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
I can't bring myself to spending double what I paid for my Strom.. She still has a lot of life in her left and she's dialed in just to my liking..

If money was no object then...or a Birthday..

My 04 last week...

Old 09-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #770
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
they have not officially shown the bike yet (just the show "concept" from before) or even officially confirmed it's coming to the US. having the bike seen on the Internet (the http://www.suzuki-vstrom.com web site) is not the official intro from companies. The all do official unveilings and intros for the press and then it's "official".

http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx
after this show expect it to be seen.
I beg to differ. The website is owned by Suzuki Global and the model featured is the production model, not the concept bike. This is not an uncommon marketing ploy in the internet age.

The AIM expo is a new venue, so who knows what's going to happen there. The world into will be most likely be in Milan in November, which is the big show. I would expect that if Suzuki is targeting the North American market heavily, then it will be unveiled at the AIM show, if on the other hand, they are not, then I would expect them to hold onto it until November.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #771
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
I beg to differ. The website is owned by Suzuki Global and the model featured is the production model, not the concept bike. This is not an uncommon marketing ploy in the internet age.

The AIM expo is a new venue, so who knows what's going to happen there. The world into will be most likely be in Milan in November, which is the big show. I would expect that if Suzuki is targeting the North American market heavily, then it will be unveiled at the AIM show, if on the other hand, they are not, then I would expect them to hold onto it until November.
that's fine. you can.
this was the question?

"anybody know why the US Suzuki website has not been updated with the new Vee?"

A Suzuki Global website is not going to be where Suzuki NA intros a new model. Like you said that is just marketing buzz. Excitement till the official intro for the press...so they can take pics for their mags. That's how it's done man. Been there myself for them.

Suzuki has the largest booth at AIM and so it's a best guess considering the pre-hype going on. The timing is right. Just before the official intro, it hits the internet with quality pics. It's like clock work if you've been paying attention to history.

And that is my answer.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #772
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
Suzuki has the largest booth at AIM and so it's a best guess considering the pre-hype going on. The timing is right. Just before the official intro, it hits the internet with quality pics. .
the article I cited a couple pages ago said fairly explicitly that the intro is AIM. LeMans was the tease.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #773
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,269
What I always liked about the V-Strom community..

They don't have to take them selves too seriously..

From gsinpei at Stromtrooper.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 04:52 AM
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #774
BornAgain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
It's starting to grow on me. The flamed Woody woodpecker helps hope that stays with the production model. Still don't get why anyone would stick the oil filter right out front on an adventure bike or any bike for that matter.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #775
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
Still don't get why anyone would stick the oil filter right out front on an adventure bike or any bike for that matter.
Owned an SV650 with no bashplate for +60.000 kms, and now on my 3rd DL650, over 150.000kms on those three combined. One of the DL´s once went about half-way around the planet, too, and so far I´m yet to have a problem related to the oil filter positioning. I do use bashplates on the DL´s, though, and the bashplate covers the filter as well as the exhaust pipes under the engine.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #776
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
MCN UK confirms £10,000 gbp. Not sure what spec that will be. I expect a centre stand and handguards at least..

..Oh, and we don't get the baby shit brown scheme. Shame..

First one's have hit our shores. Must be the 2 for the tour. Looks good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxvbI...ature=youtu.be

Paulvt1 screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 07:16 AM
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #777
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,074
Embeded for you. And another slide-show vid that showed up on that page.
Great looking bike. What's the extra pipe under the motor? Looks like it connects to the exhaust header, like a bypass, or heater line or something. And hangs down there at the very bottom?

browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #778
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
If you mean the pipe under the filter - i reckon it's a balance pipe between the 2 headers.

The one thing i took from the top vid is that it looks like the bike isn't that big. Certainly not in the GSA league. Reckon it'll be quite a manageable package.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #779
sweetlu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Suzuki added a lot of info on the website.

http://www.suzuki-vstrom.com/en/index.html

The 360 degree viewer is pretty cool, you can add accessories.
sweetlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #780
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
If you mean the pipe under the filter - i reckon it's a balance pipe between the 2 headers.

The one thing i took from the top vid is that it looks like the bike isn't that big. Certainly not in the GSA league. Reckon it'll be quite a manageable package.
That pipe is quite vunlerable. I suppose they'll either have plastic to cover it up so you don't see it, or a real guard to protect it. Oh well, we don't expect to be dragging this one around on the rocks, right?

I found the GS low speed handling to be similar to the Super Tenere. Neither one is too tough, both are balanced. But both feel quite a bit heavier than my Tiger XC and that was one of my primary factors influencing purchase. I'm doubting I could pick any of them up, at least not without injury - herniated discs lumbar 4-5 and cervical 8-9.

I did not try a GS-A. They are even taller and heavier, huge tank.

I understand the new LC GS is even more 'delightful'. Plan to test ride one this weekend just to check it out.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote