Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #407
Bender
I can pass this guy.

Oddometer: 34,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel View Post
SOLD! It'll be here in 2-3 weeks.
You best start ordering condoms in bulk. That's how we roll.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #408
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
I want this one

Oh sweet baby Jesus. I must have one.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #409
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 8,085
Simplecopter Tricopter

I dialed up the stick scaling on my Simplecopter tricopter to the same levels Matt Hall told me he uses in his videos. Holy shit. This thing is a flipping machine now. Front, back flips and rolls at 5-8' off the ground are quick! Thanks God for the 1.6++ KK firmware and tons of expo.

I'm going to have to buy some better packs though. The Glacier 2600 3S packs I have are getting burned up pretty fast now that I'm hammering the throttle to flip and recover.

Dorked it in 3 times hard. Nothing broken, not even a prop. This is a great platform for anyone learning to fly multis. Highly recommended.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #410
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,696
What PI and scaling are you using/did he recommend?
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #411
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
OK...

Went in and setup the 1.6++ on my Tricopter. Wow!!! You were right, huge difference. Behaves much more like an acro until you center the sticks then it goes full SL!

New lost model alarm and multiple mixes for SL.

Excellent find...Thanks!
Cool - glad you like it. Nice to see the ongoing development of the KK2.
Thinc2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:23 AM   #412
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarNick View Post
What PI and scaling are you using/did he recommend?
Scaling on ail and ele is 120 for tight loops/rolls. I'm using 65% expo on those. Rudder is 65-75 SS with 20% expo.

PI is left at default

Here's a video...around 33:00 he starts with the setup

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 09-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #413
DakarNick
Swabee

Thanks! I haven't played with the KK lately so I'd like to download 1.6 and start doing some aerobatics
Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #414
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Thanks! I haven't played with the KK lately so I'd like to download 1.6 and start doing some aerobatics
It's very sweet with 1.6++. Throttle management on the flips makes them very dramatic....snappy, but you can do them WFO too...they're just really fecking noisy! My neighbors were paying attention last night.

I've ordered a bunch of LEDs to make this thing more visible in the waning light of fall...49 yr old eyes have issues near dusk.

FYI, I've got a genuine DJI 450 full up frame that I don't need if someone wants to start building quickly.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #415
DakarNick
Swabee

1.6++ downloaded and installed! Just need to add some expo and I am good to go! I left my PI at default, Stab PI at 50/20, and using Medium Stab Mixing. Left scaling at 90 for now.

Trying it out tomorrow!

Which mix setting are you using? What are you switching it with? I see there are three settings, one and three are used on my two-position Mix switch. I may leave it Med mix/acro or I may try to put it on my 3-pos flap switch if and when I get an alarm. I sold my HT-FPV quad to a guy in Kansas and think I sent him the buzzer with the Crius FC stuff by mistake.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #416
DakarNick
Swabee

It was a little foggy and misty but I decided to fly anyway. This is my work (a museum). I really need some editing software.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #417
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Nice...are you happy with the stability of that unit when recording? It seems like it's twitchy (maybe it was windy?)

Note to self...don't try doing triple flips after drinking triple glasses of wine. I lost my bearings when flying last night and flew the tricopter into my leg breaking a prop at the hub! Thank God I had jeans on and 2 sets of keys in my right pocket. My leg has 2 welts, but the keys took the brunt of the beating....no more FUI for me....

Quote:
It was a little foggy and misty but I decided to fly anyway. This is my work (a museum). I really need some editing software.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #418
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Nice...are you happy with the stability of that unit when recording? It seems like it's twitchy (maybe it was windy?)

Note to self...don't try doing triple flips after drinking triple glasses of wine. I lost my bearings when flying last night and flew the tricopter into my leg breaking a prop at the hub! Thank God I had jeans on and 2 sets of keys in my right pocket. My leg has 2 welts, but the keys took the brunt of the beating....no more FUI for me....
It was breezy at ground level and even more so up high. I also don't have any expo in it and it constantly self levels in Smart and Stability modes. I do need to practice smoother filming.

No more FUI for you! Glad you're ok!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #419
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,977
Hey guys, I got a newb question. My daughter (7yo in November) wants a RC plane. I know--what kid gets a plane?! Well I'm not going to go plane but will guide her to a quadrotor or car/buggy/truck instead.

Of the quadrotors, what's the best bargain for $100-ish (preferably, less than $100).

If you're wondering, if she gets bored with it--I'll "suffer" and play with it myself (don't tell the wife!). So I'm thinking "better than Toys R Us" but not "she's going to break it within 10-minutes, why did you let a kid play with it?"

Any help is appreciated because I don't really know anything about this.
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #420
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripl Nikl View Post
Hey guys, I got a newb question. My daughter (7yo in November) wants a RC plane. I know--what kid gets a plane?! Well I'm not going to go plane but will guide her to a quadrotor or car/buggy/truck instead.

Of the quadrotors, what's the best bargain for $100-ish (preferably, less than $100).

If you're wondering, if she gets bored with it--I'll "suffer" and play with it myself (don't tell the wife!). So I'm thinking "better than Toys R Us" but not "she's going to break it within 10-minutes, why did you let a kid play with it?"

Any help is appreciated because I don't really know anything about this.
I'd lean towards the Blade Nano QX. Easy to fly indoors, robust and fun. Switch off the safe mode stability and it's a handful! I think I paid $65 on ebay with extra batteries. I'd recommend that you get the bind and fly model and then pick up a used Spektrum DX6 or DX7 for $50-$70 so you have a good transmitter that can be used for a long while...or, if you get bored you can sell it for about what you paid for it.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: