ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #4441
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!
 
RC Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: The garage
Oddometer: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIRider View Post
I am going to cape breton in a couple of weeks... hide him under a rock!!
Is that the beginning of a plan???????????????
__________________
Yea, whatever.
RC Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #4442
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Damascus, MD
Oddometer: 2,310
Hmmmm
Possible work shutdown next Tuesday
17 hours here to Nova Scotia
Yes this is do-able!
__________________
Super Tenere & WR250R, AMA, IBA
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #4443
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR
 
MAN OF BLUES's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: BatCountry ...near the Ville-of-Paine
Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIRider View Post
I am going to cape breton in a couple of weeks... hide him under a rock!!
in a couple weeks Cape Breton will likely be under snow.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #4444
CBBaron
Beastly Adventurer
 
CBBaron's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Cleveland
Oddometer: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
in a couple weeks Cape Breton will likely be under snow.
Looking at weather averages and records for Cape Breton they have never seen a freezing temp in October. I think the island is safe from snow, though Im sure you could find snow further inland easily in Oct.

The Ocean does have a strong influence on island weather.

Craig
CBBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #4445
yru
After 6, it's iffy
 
yru's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: B-mused in a Merry Land
Oddometer: 1,725
Verizon Wireless REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

Unable to post new tag photos. Will do so ASAP.

Can you hear me now? No!
Can you hear me now? No!
Can you hear me now? No!
__________________
"Please Lord, don't let me die on a KLR."

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC

yru screwed with this post 09-27-2013 at 03:37 PM
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #4446
yru
After 6, it's iffy
 
yru's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: B-mused in a Merry Land
Oddometer: 1,725
Cape Breton (to be continued)

Mr. Egg was a slight side trip from exploring the Atlantic Provinces, he happened to be only an hour away from our first stop in western Massachusetts.
Before grabbing Mr. Egg we had to deal with a flat tire. (note to self, always carry spare inner tubes on long trips!). We found a Harley dealer that was open on Sunday about 50 miles away with the right size inner tube! So it was a late start to the day.
We made our way north through cold wet New Brunswick over the course of a couple of days, then on to PEI. The next morning it was my turn for a flat tire. I pumped it up and limped onto the ferry heading for Nova Scotia. At the ferry terminal they had free Wi-Fi, and that is where my friend learned of a family emergency. There was no choice but to make a B-line for Baltimore after fixing the flat. Nobody in New Glasgow had my size inner tube or had time to fix it, so I bought a can of Fix-A-Flat (best $5 I ever spent!).
The first day we did 500 miles in cold heavy rain (thank God for Gerbings) and the second day 700 miles in the sunshine. (note to self, get cruise control and a new fatter ass).

Mr. Egg was headed to Meat Cove, the northern most point on Cape Breton, and the most beautiful campground I have ever been in (many years before).
So since Mr Egg couldn't make it to that most northern point, he is at this one instead. Happy hunting!



The money shot.


Pass through these


At the end of a winding road there is this parking lot


Directly opposite the parking lot entrance is this pathway.


Walk down it till you come to this view.


Walk to the very end of the point.


At the end are these two bushes, head to behind the left one.


Under the concrete wall where the helmet is, Mr Egg is resting.




Directly under the E


Mr Egg will be!


Apologies for the late posting, it is because of server issues.
__________________
"Please Lord, don't let me die on a KLR."

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #4447
DEPARKER1817
Studly Adventurer
 
DEPARKER1817's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Clemmons, NC
Oddometer: 606
Meat Cove is where I intended to take Eggy. A flat tire in Maine (Acadia) and horrible weather in Nova Scotia put me a day behind, so I bright him back to NY.
He will make it one day.
DEPARKER1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #4448
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR
 
MAN OF BLUES's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: BatCountry ...near the Ville-of-Paine
Oddometer: 3,047
did you by any chance put some rocks on the package?

if that guy that was fishing does'nt get curious and pick him up, the next Nor-Easter storm that blows in there might carry him away... hell he's only 6 feet from the water.....

what time did you shoot that pic? looked to be morning....tide is low then, goes up almost 3 ft by afternoon tide...


http://www.ezfshn.com/Tides/USA/Virg...ridge%20Tunnel
oops, thats down by the bridge

at Northpoint it's
a high of 1.7, a low of .7 ft
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/tides/index.asp

oh well, might add an interesting twist to the game, finding when and where he washes up along the coast....
(is there anything in the bag telling folks to come here online and notify if they find it?)

I am glad you brought him back down into the USA though..:frea ky

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 09-28-2013 at 01:07 PM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #4449
Squidmark
a.k.a. "The Colonel"
 
Squidmark's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: The banks of the mighty Nissitissit River
Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrunotriding View Post
Mr. Egg was headed to Meat Cove, the northern most point on Cape Breton, and the most beautiful campground I have ever been in (many years before).
So since Mr Egg couldn't make it to that most northern point, he is at this one instead. Happy hunting!
I'm sorry you and your bud had to cut the trip short, but glad you got to experience Atlantic Canada despite some cold wet weather. I was looking for an excuse to head back to Cape Breton Island myself, but I've had the yellow defaced orb plenty of times now and I'm sure he's thoroughly sick of me, so I'm happy he's back in a more moderate climate as winter approaches. Besides, he's been at Meat Cove before - see this thread around early June, 2011.

Nice second choice for a drop, BTW. Pointy bodies of land sticking out into large bodies of water are always good choices
__________________
Back Roads. Period.
6/10 Labrador Trip Report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597083

Squidmark screwed with this post 09-28-2013 at 03:09 PM
Squidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #4450
yru
After 6, it's iffy
 
yru's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: B-mused in a Merry Land
Oddometer: 1,725
Message in a bottle.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
did you by any chance put some rocks on the package?

if that guy that was fishing does'nt get curious and pick him up, the next Nor-Easter storm that blows in there might carry him away... hell he's only 6 feet from the water.....

what time did you shoot that pic? looked to be morning....tide is low then, goes up almost 3 ft by afternoon tide...




http://www.ezfshn.com/Tides/USA/Virg...ridge%20Tunnel
oops, thats down by the bridge

at Northpoint it's
a high of 1.7, a low of .7 ft
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/tides/index.asp

oh well, might add an interesting twist to the game, finding when and where he washes up along the coast....
(is there anything in the bag telling folks to come here online and notify if they find it?)

I am glad you brought him back down into the USA though..:frea ky
I made sure nobody saw me hide the egg, and it is hidden well under the sea wall. Only a major storm would dislodge the egg, and even then it would float (maybe up the coast to Cape Breton Island!).
__________________
"Please Lord, don't let me die on a KLR."

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #4451
yru
After 6, it's iffy
 
yru's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: B-mused in a Merry Land
Oddometer: 1,725
Wink Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmark View Post
I'm sorry you and your bud had to cut the trip short, but glad you got to experience Atlantic Canada despite some cold wet weather. I was looking for an excuse to head back to Cape Breton Island myself, but I've had the yellow defaced orb plenty of times now and I'm sure he's thoroughly sick of me, so I'm happy he's back in a more moderate climate as winter approaches. Besides, he's been at Meat Cove before - see this thread around early June, 2011.

Nice second choice for a drop, BTW. Pointy bodies of land sticking out into large bodies of water are always good choices
Damn! I can't believe he was at Meat Cove already. Next year it is Baffin Island for him (or maybe Labrador.....hmmmmmmmm).
__________________
"Please Lord, don't let me die on a KLR."

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #4452
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR
 
MAN OF BLUES's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: BatCountry ...near the Ville-of-Paine
Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrunotriding View Post
I made sure nobody saw me hide the egg, and it is hidden well under the sea wall. Only a major storm would dislodge the egg, and even then it would float (maybe up the coast to Cape Breton Island!).

MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #4453
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict
 
Jrjoyce2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 871
Begining the preparations for a cannonball!! RD are you in NC?? I'll drop by on the way home lol.
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #4454
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,650
Yep!

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #4455
yru
After 6, it's iffy
 
yru's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: B-mused in a Merry Land
Oddometer: 1,725
Thumb Fucking A man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrjoyce2007 View Post
Begining the preparations for a cannonball!! RD are you in NC?? I'll drop by on the way home lol.
Houston, TX
20 hours 50 mins
Baltimore, MD
1,446.2 mi
__________________
"Please Lord, don't let me die on a KLR."

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014