User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #3646
Hoody R6
n00b

Oddometer: 5

Hi Kamchat
Been a while since i've last contributed.....but I've sure been keeping up to "speed" with the goings-on out in Scotland. I trust you're well mate, the pics and ride tales sure makes it hard for anyone to believe otherwise :-)
Been out this morning for a wee run, albeit all by my lonesome :-(
A pic from my run attached...
PS: Traded the '09 K1300GT for a brand new '13 K1600GTL since I've last posted
Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #3647
Frey Bentos
not listening

Oddometer: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
That's crazy! - ...mind you, I'm not sure how our pollce would view it if they saw you stood on the pegs? ... I don't think it's illegal but if you got the wrong cop they might try and do you for 'not having proper control of your vehicle' which they sometimes use if you get seen doing a wheely.
I asked a tame traf cop on another forum this very question. He claimed that it was not an offence as long as your hands and feet were on the control surfaces, as he put it. But I still think if you got the wrong cop. Wasn't there a dude got points for wiping his visor when an absolute arsehole of a cop took offence at him removing his hand from the bars?
Frey Bentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #3648
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Quote:

this is not the Kam's style This is the bubu's style
Old 09-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #3649
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey Bentos View Post
I asked a tame traf cop on another forum this very question. He claimed that it was not an offence as long as your hands and feet were on the control surfaces, as he put it. But I still think if you got the wrong cop. Wasn't there a dude got points for wiping his visor when an absolute arsehole of a cop took offence at him removing his hand from the bars?
You have good cops and bad cops. I often ride stand up, or with my right feet out of my peg, cause i have problem with my knee...

And i ride a lot with my left hand on my knee. It is very easy to ride like that. you can control perfectly your bike with one hand or one feet. Some riders have big handicap, and they ride with one hand, or with one feet, and they are ok, so ...

It is incredible!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #3650
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Hello Kam,
Nice to meet up with you also mate last weekend, had a good ride back to Hull thanks, stayed nice and dry and a decent dollop of sunshine thrown in to boot, look forward to spending more riding time with you guys next time i'm up north, probably next springtime now for me but here's hoping forra few more decent riding weekends yet before winter kicks in.

Cheers.

Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #3651
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody R6 View Post

Hi Kamchat
Been a while since i've last contributed.....but I've sure been keeping up to "speed" with the goings-on out in Scotland. I trust you're well mate, the pics and ride tales sure makes it hard for anyone to believe otherwise :-)
Been out this morning for a wee run, albeit all by my lonesome :-(
A pic from my run attached...
PS: Traded the '09 K1300GT for a brand new '13 K1600GTL since I've last posted

Hi Hoody, good to hear from you again ...yep, we are well thanks ...sounds like life is good down in S.A. too, congrats on the new bike ...is it a big improvement over the 1300 ? ...Must be a comfy 'mile-muncher'. .....

ps. can't seem to see your pic unfortunately.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #3652
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey Bentos View Post

That's just plain nuts! - not being allowed to wipe your visor! - I guess it goes to show .. it just depends on the individual officer you encounter. They are just human after all and like the rest of the population there are good guys.... and there are some arseholes.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #3653
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
this is not the Kam's style This is the bubu's style

Ha Ha ...I guess so ...but, in my defence I have to say I have taken loads of pics like this - by accident (including this one) ...I do mostly try to avoid getting the mirror in the shot.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #3654
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Hello Kam,
Nice to meet up with you also mate last weekend, had a good ride back to Hull thanks, stayed nice and dry and a decent dollop of sunshine thrown in to boot, look forward to spending more riding time with you guys next time i'm up north, probably next springtime now for me but here's hoping forra few more decent riding weekends yet before winter kicks in.

Cheers.

Keith.

Good to hear it Keith, and yes, you are welcome to join us anytime. .... You know the score - most dry Sundays between mid March and the end of October you will find us out for a run.

The nights are starting to draw in now ..in fact on Sunday it was already getting dark as we got back to Glasgow and it was only 7:30 ....Anniesland ....

Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #3655
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Views of Scotland:

Out today on our regular Saturday cycle we passed through Balquhidder and visited Robb Roy's grave ....

It's a nice wee place Baquhidder ...we pass nearby on the motorbikes most Sundays as we ride up the A84 from Strathyre to Lochearnhead..

Old 09-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #3656
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

the ride also included doing the length of Loch Voil

Nice place to live......

Guests arriving by seaplane at the exclusive Monachyle Mhor Hotel on the banks of Loch Voil..

Although it's well into autumn we saw 18C today ...and it's looking equally good for tomorrow when we get the gixxers out ......miracles can happen!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #3657
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Awesome pics Kam, and fascinating historical sites.. I hope to see it in person someday..

Here is my "cycle" last weekend...

Fall is here, raining, raining, raining..
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #3658
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Id-Jim View Post
Awesome pics Kam, and fascinating historical sites.. I hope to see it in person someday..

Here is my "cycle" last weekend...

Fall is here, raining, raining, raining..

Thanks, nice cycle-cross bike (Specialized) and lovely scenery you have there ...it looks similar to Scotland.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #3659
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Thanks, nice cycle-cross bike (Specialized) and lovely scenery you have there ...it looks similar to Scotland.

Ha ha, yeah, looks similar if you squint! Down a lost lane in Scotland you might find a neat old hand-hewn stonework church.. out here at the end of the dusty trail you find busted down old mining equipment..

Keep posting the great pics and stories!
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #3660
Harris_NL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Best thread I have ever went through by far!