ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #7546
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
what he said, but here is a map of a fun route I like that is level 2 or 3 in a couple of spots... however; don't follow this map from point D to E... google won't route it, but the Johnson Creek Road goes on through from D to E and is a fun ride... so just keep going North on Johnson Creek Rd at D... whatever you do, have fun!!

View Larger Map">
View Larger Map
Made it to E before it was time to head back, shorter ride than I would have liked, kids, etc. That said, good suggestion, nothing really hard but some entertaining dirt.

Top of Johnson Creek:

The gate at the bottom:

Overlooking the Payette:

Other way:

Freezeout on the way home:

I think I might go run it again on the DR tomorrow and see if I can't get a bit further than I did today. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #7547
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 493
Quote:
if you have a gps route or pictures etc... I'd like to try that some time... I've seen the faint two track heading downhill North of Hawley LO and wondered if it went anywhere or just was a dead end... I've also ridden out quite a ways on Jerusalem rd, just never connected the two... thanks for the info!
Several years ago, riding with Heath, we came down from Hawley Mtn lookout by way of Jerusalem, and ended up on Porter creek rd which is just a short hop to Hwy55. We turned north just below the peak, and if you look at Google maps that road eventually works its way over to 373, which will put you on Jerusalem rd, which hits Porter creek rd near the Hwy.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #7548
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Hawley Mtn via N Eagle - Jerusalem Rd

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

There is a maze of roads up there, but really only a couple of spots to end up....

Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #7549
bikerlibre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
if you have a gps route or pictures etc... I'd like to try that some time... I've seen the faint two track heading downhill North of Hawley LO and wondered if it went anywhere or just was a dead end... I've also ridden out quite a ways on Jerusalem rd, just never connected the two... thanks for the info!
I do have a Google Earth "path" file that I could forward to you.
The path travels from Hwy. 55 & Beacon Light to Hawley Mnt. LO via Eagle rd./Pearl rd. Old Hwy. 55/ Porter Cr. rd./Jerusalem rd./FS 373 and FS 374. It's about 55 miles.
Let me know if you'd like it or anyone else too.
bikerlibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #7550
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlibre View Post
The path travels from Hwy. 55 & Beacon Light to Hawley Mnt. LO via Eagle rd./Pearl rd. Old Hwy. 55/ Porter Cr. rd./Jerusalem rd./FS 373 and FS 374. It's about 55 miles.
I would like it... you can pm me here on ADV or my email is silverspurs54@gmail.com

thanks!... I'll go ride it next summer... but probably not this year, we tried to go float tube fishing at Louie Lake today, there is snow starting at about 6000' elevation up there and it was about 8" deep at Louie Lake... we decided that the fishing could wait til next summer!

time to get in shape to ski!!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #7551
bikerlibre
Adventurer

Quote:
I would like it... you can pm me here on ADV or my email is silverspurs54@gmail.com

thanks!... I'll go ride it next summer... but probably not this year, we tried to go float tube fishing at Louie Lake today, there is snow starting at about 6000' elevation up there and it was about 8" deep at Louie Lake... we decided that the fishing could wait til next summer!

Got it out to you this morning, hope it comes through for you.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #7552
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

We need some good winter this year, but I'm not ready for the snow to fly just yet! ...

Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 10-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #7553
Blink43va
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlibre View Post
Would you be able to send me that file as well? That would be awesome! My e-mail is Blinkzor@gmail.com

Thanks!
Blink43va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #7554
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Anyone up for an after work ride tomorrow? I'm thinking of heading up Bogus Basin, then take the ridge road to Harris creek to Horseshoe Bend. Then the old highway to Pearl rd and drop into Eagle by way of Willow Creek rd. Let's meet at Jacksons on Bogus Basin Rd, kickstands up at 6.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #7555
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Anyone up for an after work ride tomorrow? I'm thinking of heading up Bogus Basin, then take the ridge road to Harris creek to Horseshoe Bend. Then the old highway to Pearl rd and drop into Eagle by way of Willow Creek rd. Let's meet at Jacksons on Bogus Basin Rd, kickstands up at 6.
There's like a 5% chance I'll attend, but probably not, busy week prepping for an even busier next week.

Is there much winter riding around here? I know the winters are milder than they were in Colorado, I haven't gotten nearly enough riding in this year so I'm hoping to extend the season.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #7556
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post
There's like a 5% chance I'll attend, but probably not, busy week prepping for an even busier next week.

Is there much winter riding around here? I know the winters are milder than they were in Colorado, I haven't gotten nearly enough riding in this year so I'm hoping to extend the season.
Riding can be year round pending snow level ......

Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #7557
FoolHardy
Still Inky

We have lots of clear days in the winter. Lots of days in the 40's, a couple weeks of single digits, but clear. Snow usually doesn't stick so much in the valley, or at least it melts off the roads quick. I ride more desert in the winter.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #7558
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboarder View Post

Get yourself a trials bike, there is a group that rides every Sunday year round. I think we rode one day in January when the temp. was around 2 degrees.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #7559
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Get yourself a trials bike, there is a group that rides every Sunday year round. I think we rode one day in January when the temp. was around 2 degrees.
Can you talk to my wife about that ?

Old 10-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #7560
bikerlibre
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink43va View Post
Would you be able to send me that file as well? That would be awesome! My e-mail is Blinkzor@gmail.com

Thanks!
There's a lot of roads that spin off of FS373 and it can be confusing. There are two confusing forks in the road. The first one had me wanting to travel to the right but bear left to stay on course. Several miles later, another fork may have you wanting to travel left but bear right instead. When you reach FS374 you may be inclined to turn left and there is a sign post on the right indicating FS374 but that is the wrong way. If you see the sign, turn around and go the opposite way. Eventually you'll reach a 'T' which to the left, leads to the lookout.
Have a good one!

bikerlibre screwed with this post 10-03-2013 at 06:03 AM