Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 40 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #436
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
I'll have to check out 1.6++ - how do you load it? PC/USB?

Yeah I crashed the Vtail. Doing some nutty flying to show a buddy what it could do - I did a hard tail drag (unintentional! haha) on the concrete which buckled the rear motor mounts and balled it up a bit. haha.. It was pretty cool looking but too much for epoxy to fix.

I just got the frame in the mail yesterday so I should be back together soon!

I got the new Motor/ESC/BEC for the VisionAire last night and got that thing working. Swinging a 13x8 prop on 4S it should be a powerhouse. Lunch break is in an hour, everything is in the car ready to go, and the sun is shining ;)
You need to have the USB interface to update the KK board

http://www.rc-fever.com/index.php?ro...FYWf4AodYGoAMw

Consider looking at the wood Simplecopter Vtail frame or make one yourself. I dorked my Tricopter in (per the video) and broke the right boom, 2 props and cracked the tail boom. 15 minutes, 6 zip ties and some thin CA and I was flying again.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #437
CousinLarry
Ridin Dirty

Oddometer: 570
Yeah my buddy built a wooden tri and the thing is a rocket! Very cool. I like watching the tail wiggle around too .. It's like it's alive!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #438
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Consider looking at the wood Simplecopter Vtail frame or make one yourself.
Any pics? I haven't followed Matt lately. I made my own T-copter based on his design. There are enough differences to call it my own, I think. A V-tail would be cool
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #439
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarNick View Post
Any pics? I haven't followed Matt lately. I made my own T-copter based on his design. There are enough differences to call it my own, I think. A V-tail would be cool
www.simplecopter.com

Videos including build video at the bottom. I'm not seeing the benefit or difference of the V tail. His flying it seemed just like the tri in flight videos.

http://www.simplecopter.com/simpleco...tail-the-tilt/

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #440
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Thanks! Here is another vid from this evening. I didn't have time to fly right after work but I was able to sneak three batteries in before it was too dark. Hopefully I can get a few in tomorrow while the early morning light is nice.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #441
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Well done. What are you running on stick scaling?

Quote:
Thanks! Here is another vid from this evening. I didn't have time to fly right after work but I was able to sneak three batteries in before it was too dark. Hopefully I can get a few in tomorrow while the early morning light is nice.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 10-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #442
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Well done. What are you running on stick scaling?
Thanks! I have another video that I took this morning in better light. I'll upload that ASAP. I'm running stock PI settings, 90 for scaling and medium mixing.

I may bump up the PI a bit, increase scaling to 100 or 120 and go to high mixing just to see
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #443
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Thanks! I have another video that I took this morning in better light. I'll upload that ASAP. I'm running stock PI settings, 90 for scaling and medium mixing.

I may bump up the PI a bit, increase scaling to 100 or 120 and go to high mixing just to see
I didn't like high mixing (I assume you mean SL) as it tried to return to level too fast. You could drop the PI maybe. Obviously if you had good stick control it may be different for you. I'm ham fisted and tend to bang the sticks around.

Def try 120....super fast everything. I like fast.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><

biggziff screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 10:39 AM
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #444
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
I didn't like high mixing (I assume you mean SL) as it tried to return to level too fast. You could drop the PI maybe. Obviously if you had good stick control it may be different for you. I'm ham fisted and tend to bang the sticks around.

Def try 120....super fast everything. I like fast.
Thanks for the info. I'll try scaling alone and see how it does. I may be able to leave SL mixing at medium if I can get it to flip/roll at a better rate. I like this return-to-level feel as it is. 120 scaling is 30 more or 1/3 more scaling that it is at 90 so that's quite a jump and should work nicely!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #445
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'll try scaling alone and see how it does. I may be able to leave SL mixing at medium if I can get it to flip/roll at a better rate. I like this return-to-level feel as it is. 120 scaling is 30 more or 1/3 more scaling that it is at 90 so that's quite a jump and should work nicely!
If it helps you're welcome to my experience.

I did bump my expo up a bit also to soften the feel when just flying around normally. I've been running 65%-75% on my 3D foamies with *huge* control throws and like the combo. Thought it would work here also...seems to for me.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 10-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #446
merickk
Living Folk Tale

Oddometer: 10,828
Quote:
These things are a blast! Got a little Blade MQX and already buying parts to build an H frame quad with full FPV setup!

How high does it go?

I used to (attempt to) fly helis and would hate when people would ask me that.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #447
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
If it helps you're welcome to my experience.

I did bump my expo up a bit also to soften the feel when just flying around normally. I've been running 65%-75% on my 3D foamies with *huge* control throws and like the combo. Thought it would work here also...seems to for me.
I did, in fact, use your expo you mentioned a few posts back...65%. Seems to be a good default point.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #448
MikeinEugene
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,444
Did y'all see this yet?

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ors&id=9270668
MikeinEugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #449
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinEugene View Post
No, but the FAA can suck it.....

I flew mine tonight up high...over fields congested with Deer and Cows. No injuries.

I also used it to blow the leaves off my driveway and get our little dog all worked up as he was playing in a leaf pile my daughter built. Again...no one was harmed.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #450
DakarNick
Swabee

120 scaling, baby! After these vids I charged up my packs and did four consecutive backflips but didn't get it on camera

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: