Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 141 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #6061
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
Great pics, Kav. Thanks for posting 'em up!

Always enjoyed hauling the Marines around.

The Army, not so much.

Just out of curiosity (meaning it is an honest question, not trying to start some shit), what was so bad about the Army?
Audaciter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #6062
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post
Just out of curiosity (meaning it is an honest question, not trying to start some shit), what was so bad about the Army?
Well...

Hauling the Marines was easy. Tell them you needed something done a certain way, and they would do it. But you had to tell them exactly what you wanted. Nine times out of ten, as soon as you blocked into parking they were waiting and ready to load. Any issues, talk to the Gunny, it got straightened out, and I mean like now.

The Army was hit and miss, and depended on the unit. Some were squared away and on the ball, a genuine pleasure to work with. Other units, it was like trying to herd pissants into an ashtray.

Don't even get me started on hauling Navy equipment, especially comm units. Gearbox for a destroyer? Ship's propeller? Periscope? Just some weird stuff, never easy to load or tie-down.

Except the SEALS, they had some cool stuff and were fun to work with, but they were sometimes just a bit lax on manifesting all of their "go-boom" goodies.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #6063
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,081
Fair enough.

Thanks
Audaciter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #6064
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Oddometer: 44,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
Don't even get me started on hauling Navy equipment, especially comm units. Gearbox for a destroyer? Ship's propeller? Periscope? Just some weird stuff, never easy to load or tie-down.
We coulda gone with UPS, ya know
Old 09-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #6065
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge36 View Post
We coulda gone with UPS, ya know

Whenever we got stuck somewhere with a broken airplane, the parts usually came in by FedEx....

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #6066
TacocaT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Helicopter pulled a plane out of a backcountry lake near me recently. Video and other pictures herehttp://www.statesmanjournal.com/arti...om-Marion-Lake

TacocaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #6067
marty_uiuc
moran

Oddometer: 251
got these last night. the huey pilots (there were 2) looked to be having more fun than the guy in the sikorsky.

marty_uiuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #6068
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,650
A while back, I asked if anyone here used / encountered RAMCO
Some one did and said they had RAMCO rage for 7 days and then went home.

FARK ME! I now understand, still at the implementation stage and I can see how it can be possible.....

Must not drink (got a big MTB race on sunday) but its enough to drive me to drink tonight

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #6069
RoverGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Welcome to RAMCO hell my friend. It takes months, if not years to become proficient at it. Depending on who configured RAMCO for you, once you get used to it, a programming change will take place and you may have to relearn it. If you get stuck, PM me and I will do my best to help you out with it.
RoverGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #6070
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay Ewe View Post
A while back, I asked if anyone here used / encountered RAMCO
Some one did and said they had RAMCO rage for 7 days and then went home.

FARK ME! I now understand, still at the implementation stage and I can see how it can be possible.....

Must not drink (got a big MTB race on sunday) but its enough to drive me to drink tonight

Hay Ewe
RAMCO is running on top of Dynamics, right?
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #6071
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 14,078

There you have it! Robinson's new troop carrier.
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #6072
Hedge36
Chasing parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post

There you have it! Robinson's new troop carrier.
Two years post-launch, an AD will come out requiring the fuel tank be swapped out, on the customer's dime.
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #6073
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverGS View Post
Welcome to RAMCO hell my friend. It takes months, if not years to become proficient at it. Depending on who configured RAMCO for you, once you get used to it, a programming change will take place and you may have to relearn it. If you get stuck, PM me and I will do my best to help you out with it.
Thanks
I am the User Champion for the Tech Records side of things and I ahe a guy from India who is doing the set up with me. Of course, he is never wrong, and the system works like this and describes. 6 months ago it was simple, but now we get to try to use the program, we see that there is much more to it and what seemed good then is now not so good.

Example is a flight summary report - I want to be able to pull a report for an aircraft to show what it flew, how many lands, how many starts how many lifts in my chosen period. There is not a report for that! so they have to make one.

What really stopped things last week was the set up and testing of the PT6T power sections on our 212 and 412 fleet where we run -3, -3B series and -3D series. It should be simple right? I even said the names that I want the formulas. He ignored those and came up with his own. I want 6 formulas for each type (18 in total - to clearly define which is for which) ignored that too. because one disk is used in all three types with different factors, he is saying that we shall need another 'slot' for that disk so in effect the power section will have an gap where a disk should be depending on the model it is.
Between the -3 and -3B the comp hub has a 7000 cycle difference in its life limit. he is saying that we shall need to load the lowest life limit (103,000) and then do manual intervention to check it weekly! I failed that.

It seems that for some reason he can't or wont ask others (PHI, ERA for example) how they have set theirs up.

Any of you guys got some inside info?

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #6074
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge36 View Post
RAMCO is running on top of Dynamics, right?
No idea
AFAIK its an independant system that does everything
I think it has got potential but just requires SO MUCH more manual work than our current tech records system

Hay Ewe
Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #6075
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

and whilst I am having bit of a rant,
yes, I know English is not some peoples first or even secound langauge, but bloody hell! why does it take me three times to read parts of an e-mail to understand what is trying to be said

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

No more rant for the next 1hr

Hay Ewe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: