User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #31
OSWarrants
n00b

Oddometer: 3
First Adventure Ride on Morphous.

Packed and ready to roll. Summer of 2012 going to Amerivespa in Lake Geneva, WI. from Topeka, Ks.

Camp Morphous.

The Morphous has a very limited amount of storage. A topcase would have been nice but I'm not sure I want to alter the bike to mount a case. My red gear bag was securely attached, and made an excellent back support. The bag didn't effect the handling but looked alittle dorky. And if you needed to get under the seat, it was a chore to remove the red bag. The trip was a sucess. Bike rode flawlessly. Power wasn't an issue as I was riding with a few slower scoots. My scoot tops out close to 80 mph, but the high speeds really drops the mpg. At a steady 55-60 mph range I have got 65-68 mpg. While I was sucessful riding the Morphous, I am really thinking hard about getting a touring motocycle. Something with saddle bags, taller passenger back rest? I would be interested in hearing about other riders trips on a Morphous and how they packed everything on it.
OSWarrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #32
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Congrats!

I've read nothing but great things about the Morphous. I've wanted one for years. They're supposed to be well engineered, modern scoots. Let me know about clearance with respect to going up curbs/ ramps when entering parking lots.
I ask this question because here in my adopted home state of Louisiana, we have semi-curbs (!) when we leave a roadway and enter a parking lot! One feels a significant "bump" in any vehicle, nevermind a scooter. Now in Texas, there's a smooth ramp for entering a parking lot, but not Louisiana, LOL. I expect a proper review on this killer scoot!
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #33
OSWarrants
n00b

Oddometer: 3
This type of curb? This type of curb is also used as approach to drive.

He is a picture entering the drive and at the narrowest clearance. The center stand would drag the ground first before anything else.

View from opposite side. I have never bottomed it out, yet! The rear tire is a lower profile from OME, I needed a tire and that's what was available, when I replace tires again, I will put OME size back on the rear. (It looks alittle low, will check next ride, just rolled it out for these pictures)

In the second picture above you can see I've added a back support extension I found on ebay, custome made for the Morphous. Compare to stock picture below.

I'm 5'7" if someone with longer legs rode with the taller back support , it would probably feel too cramped as it does push you forward a bit. It works great for me!
OSWarrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
More like a bump!

OSWarrants,

Thanks for posting. My only concern with the ultra-cool Morhpous would be bottoming out on these dreadful roads and semi-curbs here in Louisiana. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to post the pics, btw. I'm afraid our driveway ramps are more like semi-curbs! There's a noticeable "bump" no matter what one drives!

PS: The Morphous remains the coolest, hippest bike I've ever seen.
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #35
hacksaw55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Have had mine for a couple of years, just want something bigger for long trips. But really like the Morphous. Hard to find aftermarket accessories. Looking at a Silverwing.
hacksaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #36
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Saw one in a used mega-dealer a year ago...1500 miles and pristine. Radiated quality, like anything Yamaha.

I don't quite fit; but damn, I was tempted. But the chance is long gone...anyway, I'm happy with my Burgman 650.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote