Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #91
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
I don't wish to diminish the gravity of what you're saying, but I think that's why many of us advers like traveling by motorcycle. Motorcycles give us lower lows and higher highs than a car, and humans are addicted to feeling in general.

By this I mean I agree with you and am going through a similar experience. A year ago I was completely down and out and now I'm living the life on the road. You get to appreciate the good times so much more when you have scars to reflect on. My situation was definitely not as severe as yours or Trevor's, but I can relate.

I hope Trevor gets to feel that high on a Honda on a road out there somewhere soon. He deserves it after the shit he's been put through. And while he might struggle with ever gaining absolute parity with where he was physically (not sure completely the extent of his injuries), he might gain a perspective that will replace or even exceed what he has lost. Thanks for posting dogjaw
read this to Trevor and Pam yesterday; good stuff.
dogjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #92
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
read this to Trevor and Pam yesterday; good stuff.
I don't know what to say. Thanks for the honor!

Hopefully the message lifted spirits and put an image in Trevor's head of piloting a hondasycle in the future!
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #93
dogjaw
plays well alone

Trevor's address, if you want to send a postcard while on your travels, or just from your hometown; he loves them all.

3400 S Bowman Apt 103
Little Rock, AR 72211
Old 10-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #94
dogjaw
plays well alone

There is a sticky over in Inmates, that we keep populated with Info and pics on Trevor's progress; check it out...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831775
Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #95
dogjaw
plays well alone

Trevor took his first assisted steps today, approx 1 year after being hit... Check out his recovery thread.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #96
dogjaw
plays well alone

Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #97
dogjaw
plays well alone

Pam was going through some old papers, found this, vintage pre accident Trevor:

Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #98
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Pam was going through some old papers, found this, vintage pre accident Trevor:

I'm screwed on #4 though Its so engrained in my vernacular I can't help it at times. How's Trevor coming along?
Old 11-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #99
dogjaw
plays well alone

GSF, I'll PM you when I get a sec... Things are a but rocky right now; from Pam:

Trevor update: I had to wait until I stopped crying to write this.
Robynn and Chris, Blip Workshop.Thank you for your Everribbon donation. I got a call this morning that the out of pocket cost for Trevor's bone scan on Monday would be more than double what I'd been quoted.He needs the scan in order to get surgery to remove the painful H.O. bone in his elbow which is limiting his movement severely. He was denied a treatment for his left side spacticity last week because the out of pocket cost was too high .I started counting every dollar and then I checked the Everribbon site. To quote Trevor "It blew my wig off". It breaks my heart that he is denied anything related to easing his pain and healing his injuries but it soothes my soul when folks like you extend a helping hand and make a sacrifice for his well being. Thank you from a mother's heart. I hope I can thank you in person someday. with Trevor Ware.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #100
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
GSF, I'll PM you when I get a sec... Things are a but rocky right now; from Pam:

Trevor update: I had to wait until I stopped crying to write this.
Robynn and Chris, Blip Workshop.Thank you for your Everribbon donation. I got a call this morning that the out of pocket cost for Trevor's bone scan on Monday would be more than double what I'd been quoted.He needs the scan in order to get surgery to remove the painful H.O. bone in his elbow which is limiting his movement severely. He was denied a treatment for his left side spacticity last week because the out of pocket cost was too high .I started counting every dollar and then I checked the Everribbon site. To quote Trevor "It blew my wig off". It breaks my heart that he is denied anything related to easing his pain and healing his injuries but it soothes my soul when folks like you extend a helping hand and make a sacrifice for his well being. Thank you from a mother's heart. I hope I can thank you in person someday. with Trevor Ware.
Follow the money. Corporations, banks, and insurance companies don't give a damn about helping people; they are legally sanctioned ponzi schemes for the owners. They are about making money and (insert Trevor's #4) everyone else.

Its crazy the duality of our society in terms of greed vs charity. So many of us derive satisfaction in giving, and yet all our "big businesses" and legal/financial institutions can be so cold.

Sorry for the rant. I look forward to the pm
Old 11-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #101
Thumpstart92
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
went over to Trevor's to work on his wheelchair ramp, he is giving Pam pretty rough time as he gets used to his new meds... she could use anything you could spare to give her a lift; not necessarily just financial, though that would help, but a letter, postcard, post on her FB wall, etc, would mean a lot to her. She is as special as a mom as Trevor is as an adventurer, and I don't say that lightly, and she is in a very tight spot. her FB is Pamela Padgett Ware, Trevor's Paypal is boxnife@gmail.com.

We are willing to do anything in our power to help locally, but we are running out of options... the civil case starts in February, may be some relief then.

ZW
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #102
IndyChizzle
Spending more on gas

Oddometer: 732
Bump. I just donated to get the target down to an even $1000 remaining. Anybody else got some spare pocket change that we can use to help? Trevor helped inspire me to take off on a cross-country fly and ride tomorrow morning, and I'd sure like to help repay him and Pam for what they've given me.
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #103
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
Bump, keep this going.Breaks my heart but glad to see the progress.

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #104
dogjaw
plays well alone

Trevor's bone scan went well; they must determine that the HO in his left leg and arm has quit growing before they can reset them... He has been giving Pam a heckuva time, pulling fire alarms, etc, hopefully this latest procedure will give him some hope. A fellow ADVer described him pre-accident as a "force of nature"; I don't disagree with that right now.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #105
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,176
Quote:
A fellow ADVer described him pre-accident as a "force of nature"; I don't disagree with that right now.
I imagine that comment can now be ten fold as Trevor has something to fight for.! Go Trevor!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote