Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #2236
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake89 View Post
A friend has one been sitting in his garage for 4 years, offered it to me stupid cheap. I think i see a second W in my shop in the near future. Ill get a pic when i figure out how to do it.
Do it.
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #2237
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Brake bleed today.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #2238
hangdog
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Any interest in my cracked fender?

I swapped to the upgraded oem rear fender on my W. Don't really need the original cluttering up the garage. It has the usual cracks, about 1" on the right and about 2" on the left. No rust, bike only has 7k mi.

So, if anyone might want to bob one and practice on this instead of yours, let me know. Also, what might be a fair price?
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #2239
BravoFox
Twin With a Kick

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
I swapped to the upgraded oem rear fender on my W. Don't really need the original cluttering up the garage. It has the usual cracks, about 1" on the right and about 2" on the left. No rust, bike only has 7k mi.

So, if anyone might want to bob one and practice on this instead of yours, let me know. Also, what might be a fair price?
Mmm Dunno Dog... Would you trade for 13 used AAA batteries and a half-empty jar of Nutella ?
Old 10-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #2240
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Went on a Harley-centric poker run today for charity. I sure got a lot of looks on the dubya.

I have to admit, I felt a bit intimidated but it quickly wore off when I got a lot of smiles and thumbs up from a lot of people.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #2241
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonerYoda View Post
Went on a Harley-centric poker run today for charity. I sure got a lot of looks on the dubya.

I have to admit, I felt a bit intimidated but it quickly wore off when I got a lot of smiles and thumbs up from a lot of people.
Intimidated? You had the fastest, best handling, best looking bike there. You should have put in ear plugs to drown out the racket, and rejoiced in your coolness.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #2242
Duelsporter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
I've ridden the W on quite a few group rides with the (mostly) Harley crowd. After we get over the usual "Nice Triumph" comments, they are usually very complimentary.
79 Honda CBX
82 Honda CB900F
Duelsporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #2243
Burninator
Zed's dead

Oddometer: 258
Windscreens and Fairings

It's getting to be cold and rainy on my morning commute and it has me thinking about a little wind protection. The three that come to mind:

Dart Flyscreen
[IMG][/IMG]

Kawasaki Quarter Fairing (w650shop.de)
[IMG][/IMG]

The Dart looks good, and is reasonably priced but I doubt it would offer much in the way of wind deflection or weather protection. Any owners care to weigh in?

The quarter fairing looks awesome, very BMW S fairing like. Might offer better protection, but at 855 euros plus shipping!! Not going to happen.

Anyone have any thoughts on this POS Chinese fairing:
EMGO Viper Cafe Fairing
[IMG][/IMG]

Any other suggestions. I would like it if the fairing looked awesome like the previous three, or was easily removable if not so awesome looking, i.e. Parabellum. Thanks!
[IMG][/IMG]

Burninator screwed with this post 10-06-2013 at 03:16 PM
Burninator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #2244
Spike77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Leatherlyke hard bags

Hey all...at almost 56 I find I require something more comfortable for extended riding. Having said that, I'll be trading my 2000 W even up for a 2003 Concours in the next few days. However, I am hanging onto my hard bags. Here's a link with pics and info:

http://www.leatherlyke.com/products/...addlebags-w650

Before I put them in the flea market or eBay, does anyone here want to make me an offer? PM me or look in my profile for my email. Please don't lowball me and make your offer serious. I'll sell them below what I paid, but I will not give them away...
Thanks

Spike
Spike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #2245
husqzilla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
H&B Rack - Rear Fender Stabilization

I had a set of Hepco & Becker bags on my W which is now in the hands of a new owner. He took the bike. I still have the bags and racks. Here's how they looked on it:

I left the turn signals mounted as stock. It was a tight fit, but I lived with it OK for a couple of years. As to the rear fender cracking issue I drilled two holes through the license plate and bolted a pair of clamps on the horizontal H&B support to the license plate. The clamps had a rubber coating which may have helped ever so slightly to dampen vibes, and I also had a piece of rubber hose on the horizontal bar to cushion the license plate. This way the end of the rear fender is stabilized relative to the H&B rack.

Here's a shot from underneath looking rearward:

My thought was that if the end of the fender could not move, i.e. not wag like the tail of a dog, then the fender would not crack.
husqzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #2246
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,203
I'll be trading my beloved '03 Concours for a '00 W650 in a couple of days. My riding habits have changed to more local riding and less LD riding, and the W has enthralled me.

Hi, Spike.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #2247
Penderic
Format C:/u

Oddometer: 52
Re: Viper fairing.. I got one on my bike and I really like it, compared to the barn door touring type I had on for a little while. I dont know about the smaller Dart windscreen but the Viper works very well for its size.... nice smooth air and you can duck behind the cutout if it rains. No helmet buffeting either. Another bonus is that it is a quiet fairing.

And its really cheap! But the plastic and screen are good - those parts are nicely made in my opinion.

The only major problem with it is the cheap hardware included its primitive - two rough brackets that attach to the headlight mounts - I cleaned mine up and fabricated another 2 brackets to hold the fairing better.... solid now!

It was a cheap gamble but I decided to keep and upgrade it - I trimmed the bottom corners and repainted it. I may even get a spare and try painting some color panels / pinstriping on it to match/accent my bike!

Guys, I really like your W650s - lovely looking standards!

I looked for one years ago but without success.

Penderic screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 01:30 AM
Penderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #2248
Speedo66
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
It's getting to be cold and rainy on my morning commute and it has me thinking about a little wind protection. The three that come to mind:

Dart Flyscreen
[IMG][/IMG]

Kawasaki Quarter Fairing (w650shop.de)
[IMG][/IMG]

The Dart looks good, and is reasonably priced but I doubt it would offer much in the way of wind deflection or weather protection. Any owners care to weigh in?

The quarter fairing looks awesome, very BMW S fairing like. Might offer better protection, but at 855 euros plus shipping!! Not going to happen.

Anyone have any thoughts on this POS Chinese fairing:
EMGO Viper Cafe Fairing
[IMG][/IMG]

Any other suggestions. I would like it if the fairing looked awesome like the previous three, or was easily removable if not so awesome looking, i.e. Parabellum. Thanks!
[IMG][/IMG]
I had the factory fly screen on my Suzuki '00 SV650 naked, very similar to the Dart.

It worked surprisingly well to break the wind to your chest, and make highway trips much less tiring. You weren't fighting the wind to stay on the bike at elevated speeds. I thought it was worthwhile, also didn't disturb the looks of the bike too much.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #2249
jmlmjmjm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
I had the factory fly screen on my Suzuki '00 SV650 naked, very similar to the Dart.

It worked surprisingly well to break the wind to your chest, and make highway trips much less tiring. You weren't fighting the wind to stay on the bike at elevated speeds. I thought it was worthwhile, also didn't disturb the looks of the bike too much.
+1 on what he said.

I used the National Cycle flyscreen on my W: http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/Flyscreen.shtml

Here is a photo, though it's not very close, it should give you an idea:

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....17&postcount=2

jmlmjmjm screwed with this post 10-07-2013 at 08:55 AM
jmlmjmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2250
Spike77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
I'll be trading my beloved '03 Concours for a '00 W650 in a couple of days. My riding habits have changed to more local riding and less LD riding, and the W has enthralled me.

Hi, Spike.
Howdy AlanCT!
See you Saturday.
Spike77 is offline   Reply With Quote