User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #31
dmaxmike OP
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
Stpr 2013

STPR is part of the rally America pro stage rally championship. its a great race, in a beautiful setting. however it has become totally non bike friendly, and I will not be spectating at their free event any longer.

I really like having no plan for getting somewhere, and generally just head in the general direction of where I want to go. PA is great for this especially above I-80 but you have to take the good with the bad as there is a lot of this if your like me and do no Google recon.

but once i made it Wellsboro and made camp and headed to the fairgrounds for the opening super special stages all was right with the world, because how can anything be wrong when you can smell race gas and hear anti-lag up close?!

this thing was cool it caught the wind and made the camera follow the drifts very neat idea.

diesel power!!!!

last year when we came it poured the whole time so we did not get very good shots of the PA grand canyon this year it was beautiful and we got to see it on the way from one stage to another on the second day.

we checked out the service after getting some food.

we decided to head back to camp after that because we were tired of being told to turn around at the start of every stage parking area even though we knew we could ride to the front and park anywhere. "its not fair to those who have to walk" as one park ranger said. whatever dude its a free country and they are free to learn how to ride a bike.

found a sweet piece of pavement on my way back home, sorry i have no idea what the route number was but it was twisty as could be and very fun. bonus, it had these waterfalls on it.

dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #32
dmaxmike OP
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
qwest for camping spot

when I was in high school I 4wd'ed a lot as in every weekend. we went everywhere and had a PA gazetteer marked with all kinds of trails we found and places we camped. alas it was lost somewhere along the way and ten years out of high school I was determined to find my favorite camping spot from back in the day.

I knew that it lied somewhere along the caledonia pike and that it was towards the eastern end on the left heading east. so with a brief Google earth search I was off.

just after leaving the house I spotted the Goodyear blimp heading back to OH I assume.

after some turn a round's and dead ends I finally found the spot! its down a very long steep hill and requires your upmost attention to descend and ascend. as far as i can tell from topo maps you descend around 500ft in less then 3000ft. its rights at the convergence of two little creeks and it is a very peaceful spot. glad i found it, now i just need to come back here and camp again!

dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote