ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #4621
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,585
Flew all the way to Japan for nothing...

I have to admit I've been riding a bike other than the DMW. I failed by the way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XCGaQMgkzw8

On a more genuine note - watch what he does with his head, observe the point at which he changes what he's looking at, how his focus changes.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #4622
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gwvXtfRjonc

Via JS.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #4623
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Just to give a little perspective on anti Ralph Miliband invective vituperation in the Daily Mail - The Rothermeres and the Nazis...

planktonnn screwed with this post 10-05-2013 at 07:11 AM Reason: Link
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #4624
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ3vw...yer_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2p7...yer_detailpage

& http://m.click2houston.com/news/loca...z/-/index.html

Race report @ http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...hitti-crashes/

planktonnn screwed with this post 10-07-2013 at 04:30 AM
Old 10-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #4625
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J. - The 2014 R 1200 GS Adventure is the latest long-distance and expedition travel vehicle from BMW Motorrad.

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews...-gs?page=0%2C0
Old 10-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #4626
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Put aside the Semitic references, focus on the power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-WfqdcnjvlA
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #4627
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
I hate to be a miserable old cnut, but there's something about the incessant electro-fucketry of new BM's that really gets up my arse and gives me a sharp stab in the large intestine.....so, it not only has Automatic Stability Control, with 2 modes for "rain" and "road" which apparently 'enhance range of use while boosting safety on slippery surfaces', but you can avail yourself of 3 additional modes (by paying for the fuckers) through the optional "Ride Modes Pro Feature". If that is not enough, you can also shell out for the Dynamic ESA feature, which is electronic suspension adjustment for fuck's sake. And that's not all...the "E-gas Ride-by-Wire" system utilises a twist grip sensor to send signals direct to the engine management system so it can adjust the opening angle of the throttle valve(s). That's a lot of gizmo-shit you won't be able to repair after you've dropped the thing a hundred times on your round the world adventure-equivalent experience type scenario. What happens if you comes across a landscape-event that you haven't bought the right mode plug-in for? What happens if you're on the "Road" and it starts to "Rain" and you find that your boosted safety on slippery surfaces is compromised?
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #4628
Ras Thurlo
Desert Lion

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
What happens if you're on the "Road" and it starts to "Rain" and you find that your boosted safety on slippery surfaces is compromised?
in Northern Europe they sell them with an intermediate "drizzle" mode - which solves this issue
Ras Thurlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #4629
airheadpenguin
Danger to himself

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras Thurlo View Post
in Northern Europe they sell them with an intermediate "drizzle" mode - which solves this issue
I thought I read that it replaced both ride and rain

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
airheadpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #4630
pigeyes
bilge rat

Oddometer: 72
St Bees Is, NOT.

Dear Sir,

Flying into St Bees Is. by helicopter would most certainly not look like that as that island in the film clip is in fact on the opposite coast (west) of Aust, it is in the Kimberley region and quite remote, once a pearl farm (where I worked) it is now a Barramundi fish farm and I think St Bees would in fact be much nicer!

Kind regards
Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
"3. Price: £600,000

privateislandsonline.com

St. Bees Island is your archetypal South Pacific slice of heaven: azure seas, swaying palm trees, and heartstopping views. And not a soul around to spoil the peace.

Approaching it by helicopter would look like this. You’d basically be Tony Stark."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/7-private-islands-that-cost-less-than-a-flat-in-london
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #4631
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

One can only dream, NOT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeyes View Post
Dear Sir,

Flying into St Bees Is. by helicopter would most certainly not look like that as that island in the film clip is in fact on the opposite coast (west) of Aust, it is in the Kimberley region and quite remote, once a pearl farm (where I worked) it is now a Barramundi fish farm and I think St Bees would in fact be much nicer!

Kind regards
Michael
Dear Sir Micheal,

Flying into anywhere other than where I actually am (see pic below) would be better than the big fat nothing that forms my current sorry existence, but as for the accuracy of the material I posted I can only say that I just lifted what was shown at the original link i.e. the pics'n'text you quoted*, and whilst I accept the corrective information you kindly proffer**, I originally posted it not so much as a specific reference to a particular location where any prospectively available ejector seat might land me at, but more in the form of a general pleading for someone to get me the fuck out of here :-D

http://mjcdn.motherjones.com/preset_16/garbage-dump-web.gif

Of course no-one here or elsewhere has any form of responsibility for making even the slightest action toward sorting out my dire mess of a life, which will always be my sole fault, but I believe the colloquial term is "Don't ask, don't get"***

Kindest regrades,

Planktonianus Maximus.

* As indicated by the use therein of "...". I suppose they cover any use of the wrong flyover images by the insertion of the word 'would' in their text?
** I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the Disclaimer mentioned some posts ago.
*** Perhaps more accurately rendered as "Keep asking, Don't get - No Phukking Surprise" - As mentioned previously, someone must be willing to adopt me or take me on as a tax write off, or maybe one of you could pimp me out to the previously referred to Undemanding MILFionairess. That's not too much for this Po Sukka to ask for is it?****
**** Yes, yes it is.

planktonnn screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 12:57 AM
Old 10-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #4632
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
I hate to be a miserable old cnut, but there's something about the incessant electro-fucketry of new BM's that really gets up my arse and gives me a sharp stab in the large intestine.....so, it not only has Automatic Stability Control, with 2 modes for "rain" and "road" which apparently 'enhance range of use while boosting safety on slippery surfaces', but you can avail yourself of 3 additional modes (by paying for the fuckers) through the optional "Ride Modes Pro Feature". If that is not enough, you can also shell out for the Dynamic ESA feature, which is electronic suspension adjustment for fuck's sake. And that's not all...the "E-gas Ride-by-Wire" system utilises a twist grip sensor to send signals direct to the engine management system so it can adjust the opening angle of the throttle valve(s). That's a lot of gizmo-shit you won't be able to repair after you've dropped the thing a hundred times on your round the world adventure-equivalent experience type scenario. What happens if you comes across a landscape-event that you haven't bought the right mode plug-in for? What happens if you're on the "Road" and it starts to "Rain" and you find that your boosted safety on slippery surfaces is compromised?
You are quite right in your general proposition - As you will recall, Rule 7 of the Martha Farquar Motosickles Articles of Association states "How would they fix it in Africa?"

As with all Modern Vehicules there is a big question as to whether one should run a machine that is essentially irreparable & therefore non-functional once the ECU* phuks out in a post apocalyptic setting. I must of course admit to bending Rule 7 by avoiding running straight points on my Bitsa-Boxer (The DMW), and instead utilising a modified Beancan housing a Hall Trigger to feed my Boyer Ignition, but then I never could get on with points...

Though I wholeheartedly support the general principle of Rule 7, I must admit to an ongoing academic interest in the development of self determining engine & suspension management systems, reaching way back to the Williams Grand Prix Engineering FW14/FW14B & its precursors. It is my understanding that Electronic Suspension Adjustment has been applied by Yamaha et al on their MOTOGP bikes for some time, and tho/ough I personally prefer the security of a predictable platform that I can repair without reference to a Dealership & their diagnostic tools**, the idea that the Yamahas knew where they were on the circuit & could adjust the suspension settings to be optimal for each corner quite tickles my technical funny bone. The extension of this kind of facility to road bikes is predictable, though of course its efficacy is perhaps limited by the fact that the bike you or I might ride won't be barrelling round the same 14 or so turns all weekend...

But one cannot un-ring the bell.

* Or associated sensors etc. One might refer to the photo below, the current HRC mod to overcome events such as the recent Muckuez/Pedaldrossa interface which has cost Mark one penalty point & cost HRC 25 manufacturers points...

Original by MOTOGP @ http://instagram.com/p/fT3GX9PN-C/#

** Along with the inevitable & costly 'Replace rather than Repair' approach they might take.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #4633
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Don't forget your homework...

Quote:
Put aside the Semitic references, focus on the power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-WfqdcnjvlA
I must admit that watching this actually made me feel quite unwell...
Old 10-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #4634
pigeyes
bilge rat

Oddometer: 72
Wotnot

Oh.

Cheers,
Michael
Quote:
Dear Sir Micheal,

Flying into anywhere other than where I actually am (see pic below) would be better than the big fat nothing that forms my current sorry existence, but as for the accuracy of the material I posted I can only say that I just lifted what was shown at the original link i.e. the pics'n'text you quoted*, and whilst I accept the corrective information you kindly proffer**, I originally posted it not so much as a specific reference to a particular location where any prospectively available ejector seat might land me at, but more in the form of a general pleading for someone to get me the fuck out of here :-D

http://mjcdn.motherjones.com/preset_16/garbage-dump-web.gif

Of course no-one here or elsewhere has any form of responsibility for making even the slightest action toward sorting out my dire mess of a life, which will always be my sole fault, but I believe the colloquial term is "Don't ask, don't get"***

Kindest regrades,

Planktonianus Maximus.

* As indicated by the use therein of "...". I suppose they cover any use of the wrong flyover images by the insertion of the word 'would' in their text?
** I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the Disclaimer mentioned some posts ago.
*** Perhaps more accurately rendered as "Keep asking, Don't get - No Phukking Surprise" - As mentioned previously, someone must be willing to adopt me or take me on as a tax write off, or maybe one of you could pimp me out to the previously referred to Undemanding MILFionairess. That's not too much for this Po Sukka to ask for is it?****
**** Yes, yes it is.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #4635
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeyes View Post
Oh.

Cheers,
Michael
Oh.