User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
fullmetalscooter OP
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,556
what a Honda scooter SH150i 2010 worth

So a Honda scooter SH150i 2010 22 000 K has shown up where I live for sale. Guy said he got no bills to show anything ever been done to it. Seemed clueless about the Everything do with service and more then likely just never did anything. He s asking 2600 and I m thinking abused like that needing a major service it's worth 1900 . Am I in the ball park? Belt has to be change , valves checked out etc. thanks again .
Old 10-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
DougFromKentucky
Old Fart

Oddometer: 408
Actually I think I would just pass on that bike. If no service has been done on it, it could be in terrible shape. Now if you are interested in doing a rebuild on it, then low ball it. If he takes the low price, then you won't have much in it and can spend some money bringing it back. If he won't accept the low ball amount, then walk away and leave the potential bad bike for someone else to have nightmares over.

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,808
He had to have done some service, or it would never have reached 22000 miles. It's possible someone else did the service, and he is just not the mechanical type, so he has no idea what they did, and didn't keep any of the receipts. I don't keep receipts for anything after the warranty period, and only minimal records. But all my bikes are over maintained. 22000 miles is enough for it to have gone through a lot of tires and a couple of belts, and for me, 22 oil changes. But even if it was properly maintained, $2600 seems high. The SH150i was overpriced when new, and many owners probably think it is still worth more than it is.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
If you are interested you need to carry on talking to the seller.

Ask him if he knows where the bike was serviced and then call the shop to see if they recognise the bike.

If you can't make any sense of the situation then walk.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
lazyguy
Lawrence of Schnecksvilla

Oddometer: 51
I just bought a used one with 1500 miles on it. New battery,state inspection,600 mi. service done and a extended warranty for $2250. U.S. dollars. He was asking $2999 I feel I got a good deal. I do believe they are a lot of used scoots with low milage out there but you have to keep looking and be able to wait till you find one.
lazyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
alphaBETAdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
If you are interested you need to carry on talking to the seller.

Ask him if he knows where the bike was serviced and then call the shop to see if they recognise the bike.

If you can't make any sense of the situation then walk.
+ 1 - I agree and could not have said it any better. How could the seller not even have vague recollections on when he serviced it? And if not, he may not have and got away with it.
alphaBETAdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,985
Are you sure it's not 2,200 miles,it's only a couple years old and he does'nt sound like a hard core scooter rider to me.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,364
OP is in British Columbia....22,000k (kilometers) is ~13,670 miles
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
fullmetalscooter OP
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,556
yah I ll pass beyond maybe going and sitting on it to see if it fits not that many of them in bc canada, just like trying to find a reflex. Drive 40 min away to Wa and there a more then one or 2 around. Worth an hour of my time to just do that and then see what is what in Wa. Beyond on adding another 700 bucks to get it here with gas , fees etc it worth doing that.